PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Best & Worst Patriots players performances ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody mentioned this in passing, but without a monster performance by Troy Brown, there is no super Bowl.

The Pittsburgh Steelers would not disagree, as the latest victims in Brown's path of destruction to Super Bowl XXXVI. Brown caught eight passes for 121 yards in the 24-17 AFC title game victory, including an 18-yard haul off a crossing pattern on a critical third down in the fourth quarter.

But Brown's presence at receiver — he caught a club-record 101 passes this season — doesn't amount to the half of it. Against Pittsburgh, the catches were mere body shots.

The blows that sent the Steelers to the canvas were Brown's big plays on special teams. He sliced through the middle of the field for a 55-yard touchdown on a first-quarter punt return, then scooped up a blocked field goal in the third quarter and deftly pitched a lateral to Antwan Harris, who raced 49 yards to the end zone.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/super/2002-02-01-brown-bonus.htm

T

I think there was a game at Cleveland in 1982 when Matt Cavanaugh threw for about 6 yards.
Bledsoes rookie year in Pittsburgh he threw 5 INTS and still had a chance to win if he could QB sneak it into the end zone but he went in straight up and blew that too.

Am I the first one to mention this one?

AV in the 2002 AFC Divisional game against the Raiders. I know its hard to find footage of this one...............

Curtis Martin's 166 yards rushing, 3 TDs including 21 and 78(!) yards in the Pats' first home playoff game in almost two decades - a 28-3 victory over Pittsburgh in January 1997.

Regards,
Chris

How about Odell Lawson?

Between the lines, probably no running back had better lateral movement.

Just didn't know about forward movement...

You stumped me. 1.8 ypc in his career year. LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft