PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The annual question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I thought I ask Mike Reiss, the annual throwback question and this was the response.. I also asked him about the offseason participation of Brady, you can have your own opinion on that...

Hello Mike, is it a concern that Tom Brady has been jet-setting all over the world, or is it the drive by media making a big deal of it? Also the yearly question: Will the Pats be wearing throwbacks, and for which game?
Sean, Hazleton, Pa.

A: Sean, I haven't had a chance to talk with Brady to gauge whether it's a concern or not. I stated my opinion in the past -- I believe the off-season program is important because players like Brady himself have told me so. In turn, I think I'd be a hypocrite to say it didn't matter that he wasn't there. What is hard for me to gauge is how often he has been there, so this is a tough question to answer at this time. From a perception standpoint, I'd say it doesn't look good. As for the throwbacks, I think we'll see the third "silver" jersey in 2008, and the Pat Patriot throwbacks in 2009 for the franchise's 50th anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Mike is wrong about the silver jerseys. According to everything I've heard on PFW in Progress (and, IIRC, from Jonathan), the red jersey will be seen in 2008.

Actually, Mike is wrong about the silver jerseys. According to everything I've heard on PFW in Progress (and, IIRC, from Jonathan), the red jersey will be seen in 2008.

Thanks Pats 1 I thought last yr was the end of the silver jersey, and I also heard that on pfw in progress...

i think gisell is having a very negative influence on brady as far as football goes. :mad:

Is it Giselle?

Or should I say solely Giselle; Is it perhaps that he has a kid by one bombshell and is dating a second and the 2 bombshells maintain households on opposite coasts of the US?

you can never underestimate the affect a women can have on some guys.

Is it Giselle?

Or should I say solely Giselle; Is it perhaps that he has a kid by one bombshell and is dating a second and the 2 bombshells maintain households on opposite coasts of the US?

What is "it"?

This is what we heard a year ago too, and he only went out and had the best year in the history of the QB position. He was perfect against Jax, banged up against SD, and played from his back in the SB.

What more do we want from this guy?

i think gisell is having a very negative influence on brady as far as football goes. :mad:

You're right, he's only played the QB position better than ANYONE since they've been together. But she's really ruined his game, eh?

You're right, he's only played the QB position better than ANYONE since they've been together. But she's really ruined his game, eh?

Well, if it wasn't for her, he might have set an NFL record for touchdowns..... :rolleyes:

maybe I'm nit picking[ok i am;)]. but it seems hes more into male modeling fashion and perfume ads these days. needless to say that has me very concerned:eek:. lets just say Giselle seems to be very high maintenance and i hope that doesnt affect him on the field. it hasn't yet and lets hope it stays that way.

Well, if it wasn't for her, he might have set an NFL record for touchdowns..... :rolleyes:

I think he has played his best ball since he dumped Bridget.. I have my opinion on the whole Monahan/Bunchen thing.. But as long as Brady is throwing passes for the Pats, and doing it well , I dont care..

At least I'm sure we can all agree that Tara Reid was BAD NEWS.

I think everyone's over-reacting

I think Brady (and Giselle) have been seen spending a lot of time with his son.

From a football standpoint you all should be thankful that he and Bridget split - having an infant or toddler in one's household isn't exactly a help when it comes to the workweek.

If he wants to take time in the offseason to be a family man, that seems like the right thing to do as far as I'm concerned.

Really - He won 18 games in a row with her in tow. ;)

I think everyone is getting a little too riled up about missing a few weeks of the off season workouts. I think the one major change that is affecting him, is his Kid and wanting to spend time with him. Now, I'm not naive enough to think the Giselle has nothing to do with it, but like I said - 18 games in a row.

i thought too that the red throwbacks and Pat Patriot was allready going to be the 3rd uniform since this season (2008)

of course i would love it

If I have one mild criticism of Mike it's that at times he rather naively seems to take things too seriously when branching off into/forming his own opinion. Remember, it was the media who created many of the over the top myths relating to how this team operates based on their misinterpretation of what was being said. So in this case given how he prefaced his comments I'd have thought it better to limit his response as follows in bold:

Mike Reiss said:
A: Sean, I haven't had a chance to talk with Brady to gauge whether it's a concern or not. I stated my opinion in the past -- I believe the off-season program is important because players like Brady himself have told me so. In turn, I think I'd be a hypocrite to say it didn't matter that he wasn't there. What is hard for me to gauge is how often he has been there, so this is a tough question to answer at this time. From a perception standpoint, I'd say it doesn't look good.

What is "it"?

This is what we heard a year ago too, and he only went out and had the best year in the history of the QB position. He was perfect against Jax, banged up against SD, and played from his back in the SB.

What more do we want from this guy?

This post should be bronzed and put up for display for all of the posters who think Brady's head isn't in the game.

You know what I say about Brady's desire and how it compares to Peyton's?

Brady has won 3 friggin' Super Bowls and played in 4. It almost seems like he has accomplished so much that it's not really all that special to him. If you had already won 3 SB's, broken countless NFL passing records, won Super Bowl AND regular season MVP awards, and you were on your SECOND SUPER MODEL, how "motivated" would you be to come in and go that extra mile to accomplish more? How motivated could you be?

Peyton, on the other hand, has a serious disorder about this stuff. It's not that he's a better man or a more dedicated athlete than Brady, per se, it's that he has a compulsive behavioral issue with watching film and preparing. It's been said many times that it's gotten so bad that it has caused his marriage to suffer. He'll keep preparing like he has and keep playing until he no longer can, physically, and then he'll have to be medicated so that he can live his life without watching football film.

So there's my assessment. They're both complete badasses, both for different reasons, and I expect Manning to prepare more than Brady, in general, because Brady is pretty much a friggin' demi God and has better stuff to do with his time and Peyton's a caveman who doesn't enjoy anything else besides watching film and studying football.

You know what I say about Brady's desire and how it compares to Peyton's?

Brady has won 3 friggin' Super Bowls and played in 4. It almost seems like he has accomplished so much that it's not really all that special to him. If you had already won 3 SB's, broken countless NFL passing records, won Super Bowl AND regular season MVP awards, and you were on your SECOND SUPER MODEL, how "motivated" would you be to come in and go that extra mile to accomplish more? How motivated could you be?

Peyton, on the other hand, has a serious disorder about this stuff. It's not that he's a better man or a more dedicated athlete than Brady, per se, it's that he has a compulsive behavioral issue with watching film and preparing. It's been said many times that it's gotten so bad that it has caused his marriage to suffer. He'll keep preparing like he has and keep playing until he no longer can, physically, and then he'll have to be medicated so that he can live his life without watching football film.

So there's my assessment. They're both complete badasses, both for different reasons, and I expect Manning to prepare more than Brady, in general, because Brady is pretty much a friggin' demi God and has better stuff to do with his time and Peyton's a caveman who doesn't enjoy anything else besides watching film and studying football.

One of the best posts I've ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore