PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The annual "laying an egg" game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right it has before, but 2 things are against this team..

1 No Tom Brady

2 And the defense is slower than it has been in the past..

Its going to be a tough year, but I thought at least , the very least we would beat a Miami team that looked inept against AZ last week..

How do you figure the defense is slower than it has been in the past? Are you just repeating what you hear in the media? I mean aside from Rodney and Bruschi to a degree, where is our defense "old and slow"?

How do you figure the defense is slower than it has been in the past? Are you just repeating what you hear in the media? I mean aside from Rodney and Bruschi to a degree, where is our defense "old and slow"?

beside's mayo , where is it fast and young?? Im not going to get in a pissing match with you, there is no need to jump off a bridge, but that was ugly today we could agree on that.. They did not tackle, they did not react, and did not play well at all.. Its been quite a while since we had to rely on our d, but the d needs to be creative , and say what you will it has not been all yr so far.. The jets game we just outcoached them..

beside's mayo , where is it fast and young?? Im not going to get in a pissing match with you, there is no need to jump off a bridge, but that was ugly today we could agree on that.. They did not tackle, they did not react, and did not play well at all.. Its been quite a while since we had to rely on our d, but the d needs to be creative , and say what you will it has not been all yr so far.. The jets game we just outcoached them..

I didn't say we had a blazing fast defense, you did however claim our defense is slower than it has been. It is not slower than last year.

But of course they played like absolute garbage as a unit today, it wasn't about speed but it was very ugly.

Your right it has before, but 2 things are against this team..

1 No Tom Brady

2 And the defense is slower than it has been in the past..

Its going to be a tough year, but I thought at least , the very least we would beat a Miami team that looked inept against AZ last week..

You are correct sir.....good realistic post

duude, that wasn't an egg. that was dropping a deuce.

Never said it would be easy. Just said that they now have two weeks to fix things and prepare to play well next time out. What are you thinking?

I'm thinking what Sammy blue cat (what a name) is thinking.....that if the doofins could walk into our house and kick our a##es all over the field and embarrass us.....then the 49'ers, who in my opinion are better than the doofins.......could beat us even worse IN THEIR HOUSE! Don't be shocked if we get it handed to us in San Fran as well......Alot will depend on the D......and if they come out looking slow, old and disinterested......it will be another painful game to sit through.......

NO COMPARiSON NONE ZIPPO... That team lost a player in the middle of the week only to see him sign with a division oppenent.. Cassel again is what he is , a back up qb, the defense is the big question mark right now.. THERE WAS NO HEART OUT THERE, THEY GOT KICKED IN THE MOUTH ..

Now im watching Assante Samual make another great play in the secondary for the Eagles.. God could this day get any better.:mad:
Doom, despair and agony on thee,
Deep dark depression, excessive misery,
If tweren't for negativ'ty,
You'd have no life at all,
Doom despair and agony on thee

Chill, dude. You guys that think the Pats will never lose a game in your lifetimes are sooooo ridiculous.

Would you rather they lose like this or a close one like the Colts?

Last edited:
I didn't say we had a blazing fast defense, you did however claim our defense is slower than it has been. It is not slower than last year.

But of course they played like absolute garbage as a unit today, it wasn't about speed but it was very ugly.
I agree - it wasn't about speed, it was about guys not doing their jobs. How many times did Pennington have the tight end wide open 5 yards past the line of scrimmage? Doesn't one of the linebackers have responsibility for that? Somebody was on the wrong page today, on many occasions.

Doom, despair and agony on thee,
Deep dark depression, excessive misery,
If tweren't for negativ'ty,
You'd have no life at all,
Doom despair and agony on thee

Chill, dude. You guys that think the Pats will never lose a game in your lifetimes are sooooo ridiculous.

Would you rather they lose like this or a close one like the Colts?

I never said that, but I didnt think we would get our arses kicked by the doofins, but I guess now all bets are off and the season can go anyway now.. I could handle a 1 point loss to the colts espically with Matt at QB.. to get whipped like this, is poor because I feel we are a little bit better than this.. Arent we??

I'm thinking what Sammy blue cat (what a name) is thinking.....that if the doofins could walk into our house and kick our a##es all over the field and embarrass us.....then the 49'ers, who in my opinion are better than the doofins.......could beat us even worse IN THEIR HOUSE! Don't be shocked if we get it handed to us in San Fran as well..........
No serious or knowledgable football fan would espouse logic like that. The fact that a bad team upsets a good team does not mean that the good team will then lose to every team that is better than the bad team.

That's why they call it an upset. Take your meds and come in off the ledge. The Pats are better than most of the teams in the NFL. Getting upset because they aren't hands down the absolute best every year is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back