PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The actual, irrefutable evidence in Deflategate

Status
Not open for further replies.
" in fact we have video evidence that Tom Brady was at the facility quite a lot between the months of May till December."

BURN HIM

It's almost like he works there
;)

Unfortunately, not according to the Wells Report. For what it's worth the report says McNally had no role in the preparation of the balls.

From the beginning I felt this was a non-story because the refs touch the footballs all game long and if they didn't feel right, the refs would have noticed. If the refs didn't notice anything wrong during the game, then it can't be that big of a deal, but it's turned into a big deal because it gives all the other teams and God a chance to hammer the Pats again.
I felt the same about Spygate, so what if they filmed 6 feet closer than the rule states. Both deserve perhaps a slap on the wrist but nothing like the firestorm of media attention and penalty that was given.
Even Greg Papa, the Raiders radio announcer, said on his show yesterday that the punishment was way over the top.

Actually it says this:

McNally explained that he obtains the air pump and pressure gauge from the equipment room after Jastremski has finished inflating and adjusting the pressure in the Patriots game balls.

So its not a large stretch to say that he and Jastremski adjust the pressure together.
From the texts, it would seem a very logical assumption actually.

There's no reason to believe that McNally's job ever included adjusting the pressure in any way. I would think that he and/or the Patriots would have come out and said as much already.

The fact is this, and it's simple, and I imagine a federal Court is going to say the same thing:
- The initial pressures were not logged and confirmed. Using Walt Anderson's memory, the starting pressures were assumed. Everything else from there is assumption and speculation. Without the starting pressures no real value can be assigned to anything else.

After reading all the shoddy science and inconsistencies in the Wells report and listening to Wells' press conference, I am confused as to the "preponderance of evidence" in this case.

When asked about the evidence during the press conference:

Mark Daniels @MarkDanielsPJ
· 19h 19 hours ago
Wells keeps going back to McNally calling himself the deflator. "It is direct evidence."

Mark Daniels @MarkDanielsPJ · 19h 19 hours ago
Wells kept talking about McNally calling himself the deflator &saying he would go to ESPN. He didn't reference the 16psi balls in Jets game

Keep in mind these texts were from May! It seems now that Wells built his entire case based on the word "deflator". In doing so, he enriched himself by millions of dollars by creating a lawyer-speak report based on his personal assumptions and beliefs, inconsistencies, and poor science.

Is there any other hard evidence in this case?

What's annoying is that Mike Silver on NFLN keep repeating the same thing over and over. This guy is the least intelligent stooge on that Network. Why does he act like his communications degree makes him relevant, when any idiot with any learning disability could very easily obtain the exact same degree?

The fact is this, and it's simple, and I imagine a federal Court is going to say the same thing:
- The initial pressures were not logged and confirmed. Using Walt Anderson's memory, the starting pressures were assumed. Everything else from there is assumption and speculation. Without the starting pressures no real value can be assigned to anything else.

Courts assign value to recollections all the time. And anyone who thinks a judge is going to say "Oh? The starting PSIs come from the ref's recollection and weren't written down? Screw that -- I'm ignoring all PSI-related aspects of this case" will be bitterly disappointed when that doesn't happen.

Each side will offer other testimony/records to try to convince the judge that Anderson's recollection is/is not credible and the judge will make her own determination of what to believe. And she may well find Anderson's recollection quite believable. Or she might not. But she's not going to dismiss it out of hand because it was a recollection and not written down.

I wonder why they didn't just have Walt fill out a pregame psi report instead of admitting they didn't record it lol. They may as well have bsed the whole thing.

There's nice big juicy **** burger cooking on the grill now, and I can't wait until Wells and Goodell are forced to eat it.

The truth will set Brady & the Patriots free.

What is the truth and why isn't Kraft or Brady out there rebutting these accusations?

it's the texts coupled with the "lack of cooperation" by failing to produce mcnally and brady's phone that forced wells to say "gotcha.".

Not cooperating fully with NFL investigations is deemed conduct detrimental to the NFL.

Everything changed after 2008. Kraft, BB and Brady know this. Every end of season Kraft and BB sign an affidavit that they know of no wrong doing by the organization. All 32 teams sign this form.

What is the truth and why isn't Kraft or Brady out there rebutting these accusations?

Patience.

I am sure they are carefully planning their strategy behind closed doors.
A good poker player never reveals his cards too soon.

Patience.

Are there text messages about Brady checking the rules?
From what I can recall, there were no text messages about checking the rules, but Brady mentioned this in his testimony to Wells and his lawyers.

This goes on for 30 minutes and a lot of "I don't know" is thrown around in is. Like I said it does not really prove anything... just would have been better if he was 100% honest.

Also the "I don't believe so" looks bad but I think that is just his personality more than anything.

He didn't seem dishonest to me, maybe a bit shaken. He probably didn't fully understand what was going on at the time and he was on the defensive. That is just human nature. I agree with the "I don't believe so" statement. It made him look unsure, but I believe that's just how he is. I used to be the same way, it's why I failed so many job interviews in the past.

Actually it says this:

McNally explained that he obtains the air pump and pressure gauge from the equipment room after Jastremski has finished inflating and adjusting the pressure in the Patriots game balls.

So its not a large stretch to say that he and Jastremski adjust the pressure together.
From the texts, it would seem a very logical assumption actually.

McNally's role was to set up the locker room for refs, bring balls to the referees and, at times, bring the balls to the field. He has nothing to do with ball preparation, that is why his role in this whole mess is a bit suspect. The excerpt you've taken from the report is where McNally explains he gets the air pump and pressure gauge from the equipment room and brings it to the ref's locker room for the refs to use as needed. However, Brady and McNally's testimony could've explained McNally's unofficial role in ball prep, if it existed.

As I've explained to others. I don't know if Brady and his crew illegally deflates balls or not-- I choose to believe Brady. The problem here is the report failed to prove Brady had any knowledge of his balls being deflated under the legal limit and it also fails to prove that the balls were ever deflated, in the Colts game, in the first place. The science backs up the Patriots and quite frankly, that's all I need. We can't condemn Brady and the Pats based on some misinterpretation of text messages and how many times Brady contacted Jastremski after "deflategate" hit the airwaves. Brady texted Jastremski that he did nothing wrong... was it an admission of guilt and saying Jastremski was following the boss' orders or was Brady confident after much discussion that Jastremski did nothing wrong? We'll never know.

Patience.

]

McNally's role was to set up the locker room for refs, bring balls to the referees and, at times, bring the balls to the field. He has nothing to do with ball preparation, that is why his role in this whole mess is a bit suspect. The excerpt you've taken from the report is where McNally explains he gets the air pump and pressure gauge from the equipment room and brings it to the ref's locker room for the refs to use as needed. However, Brady and McNally's testimony could've explained McNally's unofficial role in ball prep, if it existed.

As I've explained to others. I don't know if Brady and his crew illegally deflates balls or not-- I choose to believe Brady. The problem here is the report failed to prove Brady had any knowledge of his balls being deflated under the legal limit and it also fails to prove that the balls were ever deflated, in the Colts game, in the first place. The science backs up the Patriots and quite frankly, that's all I need. We can't condemn Brady and the Pats based on some misinterpretation of text messages and how many times Brady contacted Jastremski after "deflategate" hit the airwaves. Brady texted Jastremski that he did nothing wrong... was it an admission of guilt and saying Jastremski was following the boss' orders or was Brady confident after much discussion that Jastremski did nothing wrong? We'll never know.

McNallys role as defined in the Wells report is what I copied in.
If his job is to retrieve the balls from Jastremski after he has prepared them and adjusted the psi, it is silly to think he wasn't involved in that process at some level.
Hence the references to 'his needle' or 'putting a pump on the end of the needle' or being called 'the deflator' is easily explainable.

They are proceeding with appeals in order to do that.

Hence the references to 'his needle' or 'putting a pump on the end of the needle' or being called 'the deflator' is easily explainable.

His needle = His Penis
Put a pump on the end of the needle = Penis Pump
The Deflator = What he is called by his wife after doing the dirty deed.

See? Context matters.

Mmmm can't find it in that video.. Maybe he said it somewhere else or many I misremembered it. Either way never mind on that particular point about the not knowing PSI.

You might be confusing Belichick's stance with Brady's. I thought Brady's comments were more on the line that he didn't break any rules. Belichick's were more on the line that he knew nothing about the balls. That was when he was accused of throwing Tom under the bus when he told the mediots to ask Tom

They are proceeding with appeals in order to do that.

It's astounding how some people want to blame B&B for not talking enough but then want to hang them by twisting around the words that they do say.

If by some chance the Pats go 12-4 again, get a bye in the playoffs and then make it near or to the SB, it will be fantastic. If they win it will be the greatest win of them all, even better than last year. Well, maybe not that good.

And just think of what it will feel like if that happens? I can't wait.

It's astounding how some people want to blame B&B for not talking enough but then want to hang them by twisting around the words that they do say.

Its a select few ADD guys and Triumph just trolling. I actually think Triumph is Felger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back