PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanksgiving games thread: GB-Detroit, Cowboys-Raiders, Ravens-Steelers

Cole Beasly is destined to be a patriot one day.

I'm borderline shocked at how solid McGloin has looked as an NFL quarterback. O'Brien really did a good job with him at PSU and it has translated to the NFL level.
He's another one of those vertically challenged guys that's often overlooked. Another weakness was supposedly his arm, but, to me it looks fine from the eye-test. He's placing the ball where it needs to be and his velocity is better than advertised. Whatever he's been doing with the Raiders really helped him, because I don't remember him being this good just a year ago today at Penn.

Though, you're right all the way - coach O'Brien got him mentally prepared on how to handle being a QB in the NFL. He looks poised out there for a UDFA.

I wonder why Dallas is wearing blue today. They normally don't like to wear blue anytime.

"Belichicks's incompetence shows its head again today. Andre Holmes abusing the Cowboys"

-Doom and Gloom Pats Fan

Holmes does look excellent. But obviously he didn't play well enough in camp. That being said, every great catch he makes (he's made 3), I cringe thinking he could be doing that for Brady. Same with Ross on the Lions, looked fantastic.

I wonder why Dallas is wearing blue today. They normally don't like to wear blue anytime.

Because Godell decided no throwback helmets. They wanted to do something different. Still baffles me nobody is willingly to pay up to paint the helmets lol.

Well, that's a way to give away an easy 3 points McGloin.

less than 5 minutes away from winning $5. Gotta finish this game.

Looks like a torn ACL for Dunbar. A serious knee sprain at minimum.

Well, if they can't stop them on 2nd and 20 they may as well give up and go home.

Why is this game so damn predictable? I can't see how anyone in their right mind would want to be a Raiders fan.

Did I just hear the ref say "your playing baseball there ******" before they announced the penalty?

I replayed it and that is what it sounds like

Why is this game so damn predictable? I can't see how anyone in their right mind would want to be a Raiders fan.

They're like the west coast bills. **** town, **** team.

That was ... what? ... three missed tackles to take it to 3rd and 1. I don't want to feel sympathy for Raiders fans, but really!

Holmes does look excellent. But obviously he didn't play well enough in camp. That being said, every great catch he makes (he's made 3), I cringe thinking he could be doing that for Brady. Same with Ross on the Lions, looked fantastic.

You cringe and wonder what if when a couple of JAG WRs that had a cup of coffee in NE make plays?

They're like the west coast bills. **** town, **** team.

Good comparison. Buffalo, Oakland and Jacksonville are near-hopeless franchises, New Jersey a close runner-up.

Holmes does look excellent. But obviously he didn't play well enough in camp. That being said, every great catch he makes (he's made 3), I cringe thinking he could be doing that for Brady.
Don't overlook the fact that Holmes is only playing because Denarius Moore is out and his so is his backup. Along with that, the Cowboys secondary is easily one of the most burnable in the NFL. It's not hard to look good against terrible competition.

Holmes is still who he was with the Patriots; a height/weight/speed freak, but not much else. Or in other words, he still sucks.

I don't wonder that Tommy Kelly was glad to get out of Oakland. What does it say when your team is down by a single touchdown in the fourth quarter and plays with LESS intensity than it had for the three previous quarters?

I don't wonder that Tommy Kelly was glad to get out of Oakland. What does it say when your team is down by a single touchdown in the fourth quarter and plays with LESS intensity than it had for the three previous quarters?

They have a loser's mentality. They get a lead and relax. Then they get behind and accept it as what's expected to happen. Over the last 10 seasons the Raiders have averaged just under five wins (49-111). So far this year they're 4-8 including today's loss.

Thanksgiving games thread

Call me a homer but give me Brady. Rodges record in close games is pretty putrid. Weather it's his fault or not. Brady is the best in the business at the end of games. Especially after that 3rd quarter into the wind....my god.

I don't disagree I think Brady is the best ever but I am trying to be objective and Rodgers is younger and in his prime. Brady at 28 = 2007 so at the same age it wasn't even in the same league but as much as I hate it age does impact us all.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back