PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanksgiving games thread: GB-Detroit, Cowboys-Raiders, Ravens-Steelers

Fumbling near your goalline is a quick way to blow a lead and change the momentum of the game.

Typical Raiders.

Thanksgiving games thread

Someday by some hack Brady hater this Packers situation without Rodgers right now will be used to knock Brady. Just like the 2011 Colts have been used to knock Brady.

Hell maybe it's even happened already and I just haven't heard or read it.

I highly doubt that this paranoid thought will ever come to fruition. This is the first game Flynn started in Rodgers place. Cassel improved as the season went he didn't leap out of the gate, Cassel also went on to start full time something Flynn has never been able to do despite being given multiple opportunities, Cassel also made the pro bowl in 2010.

Matt Flynn had 480 passing yards and 6 touchdown passes against Detroit in 2011 in place of Aaron Rodgers, the Packers lost because they have the worst pass defense in the NFL and one of the worst run defenses, Eddie Lacey had his worst game as pro and their offensive line was horrible today. Flynn actually had a very 2008 esq. Cassel game today so if his supporting cast played well it wouldn't have been the **** show it was.

Now I wouldn't go that far, many players are equally important or as good.

I like our guy better and wouldn't trade him fro anyone but Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now, he is 28 years old and in the prime of his career. The Packers are built as a roster around Rodgers and those stud receivers you take Rodgers out of the equation and you get this type of result 40-10.

I like our guy better and wouldn't trade him fro anyone but Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL right now, he is 28 years old and in the prime of his career. The Packers are built as a roster around Rodgers and those stud receivers you take Rodgers out of the equation and you get this type of result 40-10.

I wasn't specifically saying Tom, but there are players at other positions that make that same type of difference for teams. Tom is one of them, but there are several others that are the centerpiece for a team.

McGloin can really thread the needle. Impressive velocity and ball placement for a UDFA.

"Belichicks's incompetence shows its head again today. Andre Holmes abusing the Cowboys"

-Doom and Gloom Pats Fan

The Raiders must be crapping themselves, they have a QB who doesn't suck.

Rashad Jennings runs like he's possessed.

Perhaps it's the Dallas defense but this McGloin character looks pretty good!

The Raiders must be crapping themselves, they have a QB who doesn't suck.

He's not fast enough. I'd expect Oakland to look in a different direction this offseason. Maybe Ron Mexico will be available?

Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL when he returns it will be a completely different team.

Did Brady get hurt at the end of the game the other night?

Did Brady get hurt at the end of the game the other night?

I'm assuming this is an attempt at sarcasm? In which case I'd say I would rather have Tom Brady than any QB in the NFL on this team but when it comes to who is better QB today the 28 year old Aaron Rodgers in the prime of his career is likely better than Brady at 36 years old, what's impressive actually is that it is something you have to think about which speaks volumes to how great Brady is even at this latter age.

I'm assuming this is an attempt at sarcasm? In which case I'd say I would rather have Tom Brady than any QB in the NFL on this team but when it comes to who is better QB today the 28 year old Aaron Rodgers in the prime of his career is likely better than Brady at 36 years old, what's impressive actually is that it is something you have to think about which speaks volumes to how great Brady is even at this latter age.

Personally, I think Tom is the best QB to ever play the game and is better than Rodgers. But to say Rodgers is the best isn't true. There are several players that change a team, not just Rodgers.

Am I supposed to believe she's actually singing?

Call me a homer but give me Brady. Rodges record in close games is pretty putrid. Weather it's his fault or not. Brady is the best in the business at the end of games. Especially after that 3rd quarter into the wind....my god.

Whose idea was it to put this game on Thanksgiving? We knew both teams would be mediocre at best before the season started. And why is there a halftime show?

Whose idea was it to put this game on Thanksgiving? We knew both teams would be mediocre at best before the season started. And why is there a halftime show?

Baffles me they didn't have Denver here for this game(maybe this is technically a primetime game? That's my only explanation). The raiders? really...they played here back in 09. And why hasn't there been an Eli vs Romo thanksgiving game? I don't think they've even played the eagles here in recent years. Would seem to be a no brainer.

Aaron Rodgers will be turning 31 on December 2.

I'm borderline shocked at how solid McGloin has looked as an NFL quarterback. O'Brien really did a good job with him at PSU and it has translated to the NFL level.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back