PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanksgiving day jets game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember a video of some Jets oaf punching out a woman at their home opener this year up in the nosebleeds.

If wih a 15 year old I'd avoid. as supa says. If with buddies its a different story.

I desperately want to see Tim Tebow start at this game. I wouldn't mind losing to such a classy gentleman!

Sanchez can suck it though!

Disagree. I would mind losing to the Jets if they started ************ with Mahatma Gandhi coming off the bench to spell him.

Bring it on. I can take care of myself pretty well.

Getting banned from Jets games for life is something I can live with, especially if I take a few Jets fans with me :D

Commuter rail from CT isn't that bad or costly and MTA to the stadium from NYC shouldn't set me back much either.

I guess one looks at things differently if you just want to enjoy the game or, God forbid!, have young kids whom you want to bring along. It wasn't long ago that Foxboro was one of those stadiums to which you didn't bring your family.

What do you guys think of the super cheap seats for two guys and a 15 year old kid?

We'll be decked in Pats jerseys, wondering if we should worry about green bean fans

I wouldn't advise that.

I would love to go. Unfortunately, I'll be up in Amesbury MA visiting family for Turkey day. I Googled directions to Meadowlands from Amesbury, and it estimated around 6 hours. But on Thanksgiving, to and from New Jersey would take even longer traffic is insane.

If I were younger and didn't have a daughter too young to go, I'd do it.

But, the Jets are another matter. Their fans include a critical mass of (usually drunken) nitwits and lowlifes. So if you wear your colors, travel in groups and be ready for at least verbal abuse that could get worse. Women are generally treated very poorly and even female Jets fans are screamed at to "show us your tits" at halftime; also, you don't want your children to be within earshot of many of these folks.

Nah, they're really a bunch of wimps. I've been there a bunch of times and they only get mouthy is when the Green Beans are ahead, which shouldn't happen again anytime soon.

Bring it on. I can take care of myself pretty well.

Getting banned from Jets games for life is something I can live with, especially if I take a few Jets fans with me :D

Commuter rail from CT isn't that bad or costly and MTA to the stadium from NYC shouldn't set me back much either.

Bring a camera phone and post pics!

Disagree. I would mind losing to the Jets if they started ************ with Mahatma Gandhi coming off the bench to spell him.

Gandhi is overrated, can't read a defense to save his life and has a weak arm.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
I was there 2 or 3 years ago. Me and my buddy drove down from college. Pats ended up losing. The game with the moss 1 handed catch in the endzone. Had 3 people yell at me when walking to car. A 60 year cold called me a D-Bag

I was there 2 or 3 years ago. Me and my buddy drove down from college. Pats ended up losing. The game with the moss 1 handed catch in the endzone. Had 3 people yell at me when walking to car. A 60 year cold called me a D-Bag

Were they right? Just askin'.

I was at that game. Stadium was less than half empty. it was also freezing out. If I remember correctly, McGinest may have had a big INT or maybe a sack to ice a close game. That game had all the excitement of paint drying.

It was freezing and the stadium was not full (although it was more than half full, at least at the start of the game, but many left before the end). I think it was Vrabel who had the big play at the end. I still thought the game was great because I was visiting a different stadium for the first time and the Pats won! (This was also one of those games where the ladies in front of me moved because I was yelling so loud I was bothering them. They had on fur coats - who knew Jets fans could have fur coats! ;)).

I am reading through this thread and I hate to recommend one way or the other and be somewhat responsible if somebody goes to the game (or doesn't go) and has a bad and/or dangerous time. All I can say is if it were me, I would try to sit down lower in the stadium, rather than in the cheap seats, and I would wear my Pats jersey, but I wouldn't cheer too loudly until I had the vibe of the crowd sitting around me. My thinking is, if you can't cheer for your team, why bother to go? But at the same time, don't do anything to cause agitation to those around you. If they are cool (as many fans of other teams are) and are only giving you the expected ribbing, then go nuts as usual. If they don't have a sense of humor about it, then do what some friends of mine did who used to go to Pats/Jets every year, and give an opera cheer (silent clapping of your hands) until you are out of the stadium and in your car.

At Gillette I have seen opposing fans treated well and treated badly. The ones treated badly inevitably had too much to drink and couldn't feel the vibe around them that they should keep their mouths shut.

Gandhi is gonna have to bulk up a little if he expects to make it through a 16-game schedule.

I'm going to the thanksgiving game with my girl. Popping her patriots football cherry.(her first actual pats game) we are sitting in the lower levels about 10 rows from he field. I've been to that stadium in different seats and it definitely depends on where you sit, on how badly you will be treated lol but she doesn't really get the whole in a division rivals house concept. To where I'm always on edge going there in my colors lol I keep telling her it's gonna be something she probably won't forget

so...you ran into SG 3 huh??...did he wish you and your family to be burned beyond recognition in a fiery plane crash??

so...you ran into SG 3 huh??...did he wish you and your family to be burned beyond recognition in a fiery plane crash??

it's funny. becasue a year after i went and i saw that guy on the forum..it reminded me of that

Seems the jets fans are mailing the season in. TONS of cheap tickets on stubhub...

Priced from: $24.00 USD 10,636 tickets left

Might be a good (and cheap) time for anyone who's never seen a live game to go for a ride. I think it would be great to see a jets home game filled with patriots jerseys.

Remember to join in the chant. Practice now. TEBOW! TEEEBOOW!! TEABO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News