PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans FB/TE/H-back James Casey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it but I haven't seen much mentioned about him and I think he would be a great signing for us. FB/TE/H-back, he's the typical Belichick player, he's versitale.

I live down here in Texas and I haven't spoken to one Texans fan that would be happy to see him go. My cousin, who's a die hard Texans fan, thinks he would be perfect for us because of the scheme versatility in our no huddle offense.

I've only seen a an occasional mention by the media, and even Reiss doesn't list him as a potential target as a FB or TE. Is he expected stay in Houston or something? What am I missing?

Would be a good fit, but I anticipate that he would either want a bigger role or cost too much to use in a limited role.

Sign the beast. He would serve as both Hernandez' backup Move TE and as a Larry Centers-type FB,
except that Casey is a better blocker than Centers ever was. Not that he's Vonta Leach, either.

Would be a good fit, but I anticipate that he would either want a bigger role or cost too much to use in a limited role.

I understand, he certainly wouldn't come for the veteran minimum, or else why leave the city he's been in since he went to Rice? But I also don't think he'd be expensive and I do think the Pats can sell him on a role in the offense.

I don't think he'd be an easy signing but for sure one looking into.

He would fit the Pats scheme well imo. I thought the same thing last year.

Certainly worth kicking the tires on. Don't think anyone here would be surprised if it happens.

After taking two beatings from the Patriots in the same year you'd think if the money was close to the same he might have the "if you can't beat em, join em" mindset going on. Then again, he went to high school, College and plays in the NFL in Texas. How many players can claim that?

Another off injured player!. yikes. i had enough of those in draft and fa.

Meh. Not enough play-making ability for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents