PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terrell Suggs still whining: says Pats' "championships are fake"

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo_05.jpg

So much win!

It is so awesome how the Patriots, who haven't won a championship since '04, are still in the heads of so many in the NFL. It's actually a very big compliment. The Pats remain the NFL's gold standard Thanks Suggy. :D

While watching the game in the chow hall the other day, I cheered when we scored, or made a play, something, and a Steelers fan started giving me crap about being a bandwagon jumper.
This honestly had me truly befuddled.
In the last few years, the Patriots have been on the wrong side of the worst upset in sports history and then followed that up with losing TFB for an entire year and missing the playoffs, THEN following THAT up by bumbling our way back to the playoffs only to get immediately crushed.
The Steelers on the other hand have won 2 Super Bowls in the last what, 5 or 6 years?
I guess if maybe a Lions fan called me a bandwagon jumper it wouldn't have been so confusing, but a Steelers fan? Really guy? Needless to say I enjoyed the game that much more with him around.

So much win!

While watching the game in the chow hall the other day, I cheered when we scored, or made a play, something, and a Steelers fan started giving me crap about being a bandwagon jumper.
In the last few years, the Patriots have been on the wrong side of the worst upset in sports history and then followed that up with losing TFB for an entire year and missing the playoffs, THEN following THAT up by bumbling our way back to the playoffs only to get immediately crushed.
The Steelers on the other hand have won 2 Super Bowls in the last what, 5 or 6 years?
I guess if maybe a Lions fan called me a bandwagon jumper it wouldn't have been so confusing, but a Steelers fan? Really guy? Needless to say I enjoyed the game that much more with him around.

There is no question that since 2004, the Pat's karma has gone the wrong way- even though they've won 64 games in 5 years including playoffs.

He not only watched the movie 'Bring it on' but he then used it in a metaphor...
Wow.
Elton John read this story and said "Wow that guy is gay."

I laughed alot more than I probably should have.

That guy is such a whiny idiot. Maybe he's just jealous since he's never won anything.

I can't believe this guy is still whining about the Pats. You would think he should be happy the Steelers lost.

He's just bitter that the Pats crushed both the Ravens and Steelers this season.

So much win!

are you kidding me. pittsburgh is the definition of bandwagon. when they were in the nfl they had zero fans. not until they moved to the afc and started doing steroids and winning championships did they get any fans.

Suggs... better to have fake championships (as articulated by a loser) than none at all.

Bitter a little?

So much win!

With apologies to their fans who were here last week, that's a typical Steeler fan reaction. I mean, how far are you grasping for straws when you have to bring up the mythical 'best fan base award'? Another favorite pretzel logic of theirs is 'yeah, but we draft better than you do'. Aside from being impossible to decide, another mythical award. And here I thought it was all about wins and losses, and championships.

That's a tired old line dating back to the Victor Kiam - Zeke Mowatt era. Frankly I don't blame people for staying away back then - not so much for the bad play on the field, but for what was happening off the field.

On the other hand they pat themselves on the back for a long sellout streak. That has a lot more to do with nearly forty straight years of competitive football than it does with being "great fans". Want to see what their attendance would be like after a few losing seasons? Check out how well they support their baseball team; next to last in the league in attendance year after year.

The only NFL fans that have a right to throw around that "bandwagon fan" term are Washington Redskin fans. Despite a long period of mediocrity ever since Dan Snyder bought the team they still continue to sell out. With the exception of the replacement player games in 1987 the Redskins have sold out every game since 1968.

He's just bitter that the Pats crushed both the Ravens and Steelers this season.
Isn't it strange that the Pats crushed the Steelers and Bengals whilst whooping the Ravens toward the end of their match only to be thoroughly beaten by the Browns.. yes the Browns.

That's a tired old line dating back to the Victor Kiam - Zeke Mowatt era. Frankly I don't blame people for staying away back then - not so much for the bad play on the field, but for what was happening off the field.

On the other hand they pat themselves on the back for a long sellout streak. That has a lot more to do with nearly forty straight years of competitive football than it does with being "great fans". Want to see what their attendance would be like after a few losing seasons? Check out how well they support their baseball team; next to last in the league in attendance year after year.

The only NFL fans that have a right to throw around that "bandwagon fan" term are Washington Redskin fans. Despite a long period of mediocrity ever since Dan Snyder bought the team they still continue to sell out. With the exception of the replacement player games in 1987 the Redskins have sold out every game since 1968.

That's the same problem I have with Packer fans. Seems the first thing they bring up when talkin' smack is "Oh our stadium's been sold out for 80 years and the Pats couldn't give away tickets 20 years ago." But thing is, I know for a fact that there's a good number of Packer "fans" who only go to the games when the team is doing good. The rest of the time they sell their tickets to other people who are just happy to go to a game. In fact a Packer ticket holder I know told me that when the team started improving in the early-mid 1990s under Holmgren and Favre, the downside was that people he had gotten to be pretty good friends with in the stands suddenly weren't at the games anymore, because the actual ticket holders started using their tickets. And some of them were real jerks too.

That's the same problem I have with Packer fans. Seems the first thing they bring up when talkin' smack is "Oh our stadium's been sold out for 80 years and the Pats couldn't give away tickets 20 years ago." But thing is, I know for a fact that there's a good number of Packer "fans" who only go to the games when the team is doing good. The rest of the time they sell their tickets to other people who are just happy to go to a game. In fact a Packer ticket holder I know told me that when the team started improving in the early-mid 1990s under Holmgren and Favre, the downside was that people he had gotten to be pretty good friends with in the stands suddenly weren't at the games anymore, because the actual ticket holders started using their tickets. And some of them were real jerks too.
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they live in Hooterville, USA, would it?

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that they live in Hooterville, USA, would it?

I won't slam my home state... but I will say this. Sometimes when people ask me why I don't like the Packers, I reply, "Well, unfortunately, my parents came from two different families." ;)

I won't slam my home state... but I will say this. Sometimes when people ask me why I don't like the Packers, I reply, "Well, unfortunately, my parents came from two different families." ;)
LOL! I didn't mean to poke fun at Wisconsin - just Hooterville (aka Green Bay)!

terrell suggs should be like a hockey player who won't go near the stanley cup until they win one. suggs shouldn't even be talking about the superbowl until he wins one. "hey suggs, until you win a superbowl, do not put those words in yo' mouf".

I know someone who used to tutor Suggs back in college. She said he has the reading ability of a 6 year old among other things. Keep in mind when you hear these comments, it's from a VERY VERY dumb human being.

This. Suggs is a great athlete but a complete idiot, wasnt he one of those guys with ridiculously low wonderlic scores?

You know whats not fake, those rediculous razor burn bumps on Suggs Face. Looks like a herpes outbreak, worse than what Kordell Stewart had

terrell-suggs-102208.jpg

The face of dumb, ladies and gentlemen.

This. Suggs is a great athlete but a complete idiot, wasnt he one of those guys with ridiculously low wonderlic scores?

No, he got a good score, about what the average Chemist score on that test, a 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back