In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Per WEEI and ESPN.

More details to follow.

ETA links:
SI
ESPN

Last edited:
I keep hoping it is a mistake, but guess not.. they can all rot in hell with their lame ass Jest fans.. bunch of rumpswabs all..

looks like the yanks swept in again and got their bat for the next 10 yrs.

im not that mad this yr but after this yr its all over for papi, he's almost done

lowell is on social security, v-tek is done

where is all the offense going to come from?

looks like the yanks swept in again and got their bat for the next 10 yrs.

im not that mad this yr but after this yr its all over for papi, he's almost done

lowell is on social security, v-tek is done

where is all the offense going to come from?
give me a break. im glad lowell isnt going anywhere.

All of the same people who were calling the station last week talking about dumping Lowell and "it's just part of the business", will be the same people calling in tonight talking about how much they would rather have Lowell anyway because he is such a team guy and took a pay cut to stay here. :D

Essentially they are paying him $30 mill per year because of the luxury tax.

The Yanks have spent $430 million this off-season so far. Hey, it must be nice to be made of money. Of course, I wonder if they can still ask NY city for more money with a straight face.

The Yanks have spent $430 million this off-season so far. Hey, it must be nice to be made of money. Of course, I wonder if they can still ask NY city for more money with a straight face.

They've spent close to half a BILLION dollars on three players. How much longer are the small market teams gonna support this sport knowing the deck's stacked against them. I know the Rays were great but they aren't going to be able to keep their players with these salaries.

Seems to be a trend, those with most ask for mo money...

I pretty much figured it would take something like 8-180 to land Tex. I'm not sure why the Sox stalled at 170 if he was really their #1 target. Because they wouldn't budge, it gave the Yankees an easy way to offer just a little more to land the biggest offensive free agent on the market.

They've spent close to half a BILLION dollars on three players. How much longer are the small market teams gonna support this sport knowing the deck's stacked against them. I know the Rays were great but they aren't going to be able to keep their players with these salaries.

Its a freakin' joke. One player on the Yankees payroll equals the team payroll of the Florida Marlins.
After the Sox got Bay, I talked to a friend down the street who is from Pittsburgh. He said, yea its that time of the year (what a shame). Ditto for Sota, Milwaukee, Oakland, Tampa, etc, etc.

Are they gonna add Manny now too?

Man is there anyone the yankees have not signed yet? How much longer will owners continue to vote down a salary cap, is getting a few free million in return worth ruining the sport?

Really whats the cut off point, what is the sense in having teams spend over ten times the amount that other teams operate with? Im not just *****ing about the yankees either, this is getting out of hand now more then ever!

The best part about this is the meltdown in New York when the Yankees fail again this year to win the World Series will be of epic proportions.

They've spent more than any other team this past decade and don't have an effin thing to show for it, so you knew this was coming.

That said, as a Red Sox fan, you can't even get mad anymore about how the Yankees spend. We've got two World Series titles and had Beckett been healthy in the playoffs this year, we'd have three, while our bloated nieghbors to the south have none.

Bottom line is if they win it this year, the reaction will be "yawn, so what" but if they don't, they will be the laughing stock of sports.

It's a no win situation.

The best part about this is the meltdown in New York when the Yankees fail again this year to win the World Series will be of epic proportions.

They've spent more than any other team this past decade and don't have an effin thing to show for it, so you knew this was coming.

That said, as a Red Sox fan, you can't even get mad anymore about how the Yankees spend. We've got two World Series titles and had Beckett been healthy in the playoffs this year, we'd have three, while our bloated nieghbors to the south have none.

Bottom line is if they win it this year, the reaction will be "yawn, so what" but if they don't, they will be the laughing stock of sports.

It's a no win situation.
Fantastic commentary. The Yankees have turned into a joke of an organisation run by buffoons. It's all about spending money hoping for immediate results rather than spending for value and succession planning.

As pleased as I would have been to sign Texeira, in this current economic climate I'd rather see the Sox run effectively and efficiently than making poor financial decisions on the whim. If effective business practise teaches you anything, it's to buget and stay within those constraints.

Find the value players and continue to invest in our farm. That will pay off more handsomely than slutting ourselves about like the Wankmees.

It's been proven over and over that throwing money at players doesn't win rings. I hate the yankees and their fans but as long as they keep throwing money at players the sheep like fans will continue to go and spend $10 for a beer.

What's sad is how they ripped off the city for the stadium deal and how they keep going back for more money.

Baseball needs a damn salary cap yesterday! I hope we have a nice depression next year and that new stadium stays empty, then those pigs can declare bankruptcy and ask the gubment for a bailout like every other POS co. in the USofA.

"It's been proven over and over that throwing money at players doesn't win rings. I hate the yankees and their fans but as long as they keep throwing money at players the sheep like fans will continue to go and spend $10 for a beer."

Nope, sorry you are wrong, dead wrong; look at the Yankees, the HIGHEST payroll in baseball the past seven years and they've won.........................................oh yeah, you are right, they are 0 for this century, LMFAO..........

They now have the four highest paid players in the game; Payfraud, "Captain Intangibles", CC "I never met a buffet I didn't like, 0-3 with a 7.50 in my last three playoff starts" Sabathia and Mark "I just want to play near my home in Baltimore" Texiera.

I can't wait to see them sh!t the bed again this year, they still have holes in that line up and pitching wins championships, not a fantasy league line up...................

I'm glad we didn't sign him. He's one of baseballs better players but even if the money is fair the no trade contract would have been a disaster for the Sox who traditionally don't give no-trades. The Yankees will be tough but come playoff time they may have Teixiera but Sabathia and Burnett will be nursing injuries ... no big deal ... almost $60 million a year for 3 new players ... Hank will be hitting the bottle by next year for sure.

Hey Mark Merry Christmas
This is part of the package buddy.
frank200.jpg

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes