PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ted Wells' Train Wreck Press conference :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that polling shows millennials don't give a damn about privacy, and don't even really understand what it is. Most of the rest of us, however, consider it a very important right.

How many games did Gostkowski get suspended for not turning over his phone?
Don't remind Goodell or he will suspend Gosk too

Like Bedard said..hire a lawyer who HASN't worked for you to do the report....frauds

Just found one last thing..... You've got to be kidding me with this:

I mean the notion that McNally is referring to himself as the deflator before the season starts and that he had not gone to ESPN yet, no one can ignore the implications of that text message and no one can see it as a joke. And nor is it circumstantial evidence. It is direct evidence and it is inculpatory.

Holy crap, but that's Wells losing his mind.

It is in like Bonfire of the Vanities where the trader loses his cool once and he loses all his business. I would not hire him after this.
Its funny.I was just watching Tom E. Curren and he said Wells was "forceful and persuasive". In some instances he was. In others he was shaky - very shaky. Different take I guess.

He needs to lay off the 'shrooms.

Its funny.I was just watching Tom E. Curren and he said Wells was "forceful and persuasive". In some instances he was. In others he was shaky - very shaky. Different take I guess.
He lost his cool which in that world you can't afford to. He has very thin skin and this will be fun

Wells is saying he didn't have to give up the phone, just the texts and emails on it that his counsel thought were relevant. If I were Brady's lawyer, I wouldn't have given those texts and emails up without a court order and no way Wells could get that.
Unless Brady gave Wells a text that clearly proved his guilt, Wells would contend that he did not cooperate. Brady stated his innocence and lack of involvement which Wells totally ignored. Nothing but a full confession would have satisfied Wells.

Ted Wells....
wells_t_web.jpg

G. Gordon Liddy...
liddyphilosophy.gif

I'm getting scared now..................:eek:

My take on Wells is that he's in the business of presenting the best case possible for his client. And includes skewing, omitting, and interpreting things in his clients favor but not outright lying. What we saw was the best he could make with a weak, losing case. I would expect a lawyer representing me to present things in the light most favorable to me.

He probably can't understand what the issue is because he did what he always does for his clients. But there's two issues. He wasn't supposed to be "representing" the NFL. And the bias in this case will be seen by many people. Especially worse since it's so weak. So while he may have been just as bias for his client in his other cases, very little of the public saw his arguments. I think we are seeing how the sausage is made in "representing" his client with such weak evidence. And it's ugly.

Last edited:
I think people are being unfair to Wells. He's obviously an accomplished man, and is likely quite brilliant. The problem seems to be more of an inability to translate that brilliance into sports culture, as we saw in the Martin case long before deflategate came along.

His report, though, is really shoddy work, I'll grant that. I give the benefit of the doubt, such as it is, that he was stretching to reach a conclusion instead of just getting the facts, because there are essentially no incriminating facts that can withstand even moderate scrutiny.
I also was once a pretty good fiction writer, but at the end of the day just like this report /conclusions it was fiction

jackie-chiles.jpg

Jackie Chiles.

I think he was smoking some of that green stuff that smells funny

Being forceful and persuasive has no correlation to being right. In fact, it's usually those who have the weakest hands who yell the loudest

My take on Wells is that he's in the business of presenting the best case possible for his client. And includes skewing, omitting, and interpreting things in his clients favor but not outright lying. What we saw was the best he could make with a weak, losing case. I would expect a lawyer representing me to present things in the light most favorable to me.

He probably can't understand what the issue is because he did what he always does for his clients. But there's teo issues. He wasn't supposed to be "representing" the NFL. And the bias in this case will be seen by many people. Especially worse since it's so weak. So while he may have been just as bias for his client in his other cases, very little of the public saw his arguments. I think we are seeing how the sausage is made in "representing" his client with such weak evidence. And it's ugly.
For clarification, the case is weak - the bias is strong

Is it me or does Wells look like one of Saddam's sons?

I have never heard him deny this. I also spent the last 5 seconds thinking about how I could contact him to confirm or deny this and came up empty. I'm going to interpret that as him being uncooperative, which means he probably is Saddam's long lost son.

Last edited:
Independent...**** the nfl

I just got the chance to listen to Wells.... I heard the whole clip.

The FIRST person I thought of after he ended was ..Arlen Specter.

The tone, the faux outrage, the egotistical overkill...I'm more convinced than ever he is completely biased.

On to the hearing...I fervently expect Wells to be hoisted by his own petard of arrogance. Lord Hear Our Prayer.

Listened to it as well and came away with the exact same impression. He can't handle criticism and he seemed to be self-indulged. Not a shining moment for Mr. Wells!

I wonder what the ESPN comment McNally made was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back