Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Yes. I know what people say..maybe overrated bla bla

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4mmbbPKL3uc

okay so heres the low down
FAST AS LIGHTNING. 6"0 180 room to put on 15 pounds. Hes dramatically improved since coming to Ohio State..from being #1 DB to a star WR..hes amazing.He started off with questionable hands..was just a speedster who couldnt get it together. Each year hes gotten better..his hands are so much better than they used to be. he went from running fades to more complex routes while using his speed to his advatange. Hes like a Santana Moss/Steve Smith when he gets the ball but i would say faster. Im sure BB can coach him up well if we get him. Hes amazing at KR/PR so he starts there..learns the offense..if he never works out at WR..we can always try him at CB because he was a great corner in HS while coming out. I think theres a chance we get him.

Fastest player on the field this year and will rip it at combine. thoughts on him?

ted ginn is a great athlete, but he's also projected at a mid to late 1st round pick...both pats picks are going to be in the 2nd half of the 1st round....barring the chance of the pats or seahawks finishing with terrible records, which i dont see happening....it almost seems right to draft ginn but "almost" is the key word here....ginn's also one of the first wr's to go, so that could alter the position in which he's drafted......i dont think BB would waste their 2 first roudn draft picks on ginn no matter where he falls in the first round b/c BB know's that there are better receivers...

d. branch was a late 2nd round pick... d. givens was a late 7th round pick....and we all know the success they brought the pats...troy brown was a 7th round pick also....

if their history teaches the pats anything, its that you don't need to use a 1st round pick to draft a player who is supposedly the "best" in their draft class...

and its only been 5 weeks into chad jackson's career....so we dont know what he's capable of doing anything yet....and trade for gabriel and the recent signing of jabar gaffney will help the depth at this pos. for the pats....for all we know the starting 2 wr's in NE could be anyone, it could be a gabriel gaffney combo with jackson at slot......gabriel jackson combo with brown at slot....etc etc....

in a way, this is beneficial for the pats....b/c when defesnes see HOLT or MOSS...they automatically think....DOUBLE COVERAGE......but when they see gabriel, jackson or brown, teams just use single coverage or zone....which you'll see most of the time....which is great b/c on single coverage, brady will hit nearly any receiver and on zone coverage, the receivers can find the holes in the zone coverage....and with our main threat being daniel graham and ben watson, teams will choose to double cover TE's...which will leave the receivers to run around with one less DB covering....

not to mention the draft of maroney gives defenses more headaches b/c play action can be used....not to mention dillon maroney and faulk are a great combonation......dillon and maroney will both be rested b/c they'll be exchanges series for carries, which will mean they wont get winded as fast, and faulk as their 3DRB is a big threat b/c faulk, who isnt as that much of a threat on the ground, is still a threat through the air when defenses use zone and he runs into the flat wide open....

remember, troy brown is the only patriot receiver to be on the roster in 2005...once the other wr's get used to their patterns and routes and formations....and once brady gets comfortable sitting in the pocket again...the patriots can and will be able to make another 3 out of 4 year superbowl run....without a doubt

Great player with space to work in -- but it's a different game in the NFL.

actually hes projected to be a top 20 pick from what i've been hearing.great potential..and we said Reggie wouldnt be able to do anything in NFL because he needs in space and i watched a few Saints games and he doesnt get a lot of room because OL but still made some great moves

yes im all for Chad Jackson btw..but the more power the better. Troy isnt going to be around forever and Caldwell might not be here for long either. we spread it around a lot..we can definatley use a guy like Ginn if hes the BPA in BB's opinion

Last edited:
i think our main focus this year shoudl be on LB....cause all the starting LB are over 30...

or RT pending o'callohan's performance

i'm a pennstate fan so i'd love to see their top draft prospect paul pozluszni go to the pats....right afterthis years draft, scouts inc projected poz as a top 10 draft pick....but hopefully thigns have changed and he's fallen out of that top 10 positon...he's also played in joepa's defense which is a 3-4 based defesne at ILB....and yes...joepa's and BB's 3-4 schemes could be and probably are very different for each other....and the transition to BB's 3-4 scheme will be very difficult, even seasoned veterans cant get BB's 3-4...but joepa's been a coach for a looooong time....and he's scouted thousands of players...and he recruited poz b/c he knew poz had potential....

the pats recently signed jabar gaffney at WR...he was i believe a starter for the eagles last year....and this year.....doug gabriel was listed as the #2 WR in oakland before he was traded....and troy brown is troy brown....supposedly "washed up" and "shouldve been gone 3 years ago" but he's still making the plays....although he's not an elite wr, tom brady is still an elite qb and he'll find the open man....

i'm not sure who's due to go to FA at the end of this year, but i'm sure with 3 wr's that will probably coem back and troy brown possibly retiring, we coudl pick up some new receivers...not to mention another rookie taken in the 2nd or 3rd round...maybe even later....

and you have to remember....that ted ginn and troy smith went to high school together also....in an interview they even told the press that because they're best friends and have been playing together before college, they use their own "signals" that no one knows about...which gains a huge advantage to smith and ginn.....perhaps all the success ginn has been getting was because of those personal signals...then you have to realize....what if ginn isnt really that great of a receiver without troy smith??....which brings up another question.....who's the better receiver in OSU given all these variables? ginn or gonzalez?

Last edited:
skaIownsIyou said:
i think our main focus this year shoudl be on LB....cause all the starting LB are over 30...

or RT pending o'callohan's performance

i'm a pennstate fan so i'd love to see their top draft prospect paul pozluszni go to the pats....right afterthis years draft, scouts inc projected poz as a top 10 draft pick....but hopefully thigns have changed and he's fallen out of that top 10 positon...he's also played in joepa's defense which is a 3-4 based defesne at ILB....and yes...joepa's and BB's 3-4 schemes could be and probably are very different for each other....and the transition to BB's 3-4 scheme will be very difficult, even seasoned veterans cant get BB's 3-4...but joepa's been a coach for a looooong time....and he's scouted thousands of players...and he recruited poz b/c he knew poz had potential....

the pats recently signed jabar gaffney at WR...he was i believe a starter for the eagles last year....and this year.....doug gabriel was listed as the #2 WR in oakland before he was traded....and troy brown is troy brown....supposedly "washed up" and "shouldve been gone 3 years ago" but he's still making the plays....although he's not an elite wr, tom brady is still an elite qb and he'll find the open man....

i'm not sure who's due to go to FA at the end of this year, but i'm sure with 3 wr's that will probably coem back and troy brown possibly retiring, we coudl pick up some new receivers...not to mention another rookie taken in the 2nd or 3rd round...maybe even later....

and you have to remember....that ted ginn and troy smith went to high school together also....in an interview they even told the press that because they're best friends and have been playing together before college, they use their own "signals" that no one knows about...which gains a huge advantage to smith and ginn.....perhaps all the success ginn has been getting was because of those personal signals...then you have to realize....what if ginn isnt really that great of a receiver without troy smith??....which brings up another question.....who's the better receiver in OSU given all these variables? ginn or gonzalez?

IMO it would be a tough call between Posluszny and Ginn. I am not sure if either will be there when the use their Pats picks.

Pozluszni - I am not convinced that Posluszny has the bulk to fit in the middle of our 3-4 and seems to be have some bust potential.
"One thing that has become very apparent to me, and that is, he is overrated when it comes to all the media hype he receives, to me he is a good player but not the impact player the media portrays him as "
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=890

Ginn - Certainly a sexier pick and would help the Patriots in two areas of concern. kick-off returns and big play, stretch the field WR. He is unpolished and could be the next Bethel Johnson, although he appears to get better each year.

"This is a player at the wide receiver position who is an absolute impact player "
http://fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=77

Lets sign Nate Clements, draft them both them in round 1 and go from there.

If he runs as fast as he plays, then it would be a no brainer for the Pats to take him if he falls to them. He not the most physical WR and he may lack a little courage going over the middle, but he makes plays.

I wasn't that high on Ginn fifteen years ago when his name was Raghib Ismail.

dryheat44 said:
I wasn't that high on Ginn fifteen years ago when his name was Raghib Ismail.
Nicely put. I wasn't high on him 20 years ago when his name was Desmond Howard. Fantastic kick returner, but not an NFL-caliber WR.

Double post.

Last edited:
WRs are a real crap shoot. Can Ginn catch in traffic? time his leaps etc to perfection? Run good routes?

I guess all positions are crapshoots. The guy we just 'looked at' Derrick Strait, won the thorpe award for nation's best CB. But got cut by the jets after 3 years or so? Just goes to show.

I wonder how good Hall is at michigan? Does he have what it takes to be a woodson or law?

Actually, being from Ohio and having the oppurtunity to watch every Buckeyes game the last couple years, I think Anthony Gonzalez will be the more consistent better pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back