PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team the Pats want no part of in the playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the status on Hayward? He hasn't played the last two games; without him, their D-Line isn't nearly as formidable.

Oh no, if TWGuru/Aqua/aka Jimmy the stoolsample predicts the Jags will knock us out in the first round, that's it; WE'RE DOOMED, DOOMED I TELL YA.

They can't win that division, but they're a lock to beat us; you get dumber by the second.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, this tool predicted the Doofins would win the AFC East last year and Welker would score less that three TD's this year among other things...................

Last edited:
Oh no, if TWGuru/Aqua/aka Jimmy the stoolsample predicts the Jags will knock us out in the first round, that's it; WE'RE DOOMED, DOOMED I TELL YA.
How is a guy banned from this message board allowed to post utilizing another handle?

If you ask me the Pats want the Jags bad in the playoffs its like a guaranteed blow-out. They literally sh@# the bed everytime they play us lately, especially in the playoffs.

Wow....I'm surprised by all the disrespect towards the Jags.

Taylor and MJD are the exact type of backs we struggle with. We've always done well against the big power backs but these guys are both fast, small, and powerful.

If the weather is nice, I expect that our passing game will be too much for them but we all know how the weather is in Foxboro in January. As we learned today, bad weather can have a dramatic effect on our passing game.

San Diego doesn't scare me at all. That team has run their mouth far too much for us to ever allow them to beat us in a big game. Plus Rivers sucks.

The Colts and Jags are our two biggest threats in the AFC and I'm more much concerned by the Jags.

i agree if its bad weather here

if its bad weather, Jaguars are a run heavy team..they are built to run with a great run blocking OL and 2 very good backs. Their d hits hard..its fast and stops the run

run + stop run in crazy weather = key

Wow....I'm surprised by all the disrespect towards the Jags.

Taylor and MJD are the exact type of backs we struggle with. We've always done well against the big power backs but these guys are both fast, small, and powerful.

If the weather is nice, I expect that our passing game will be too much for them but we all know how the weather is in Foxboro in January. As we learned today, bad weather can have a dramatic effect on our passing game.

San Diego doesn't scare me at all. That team has run their mouth far too much for us to ever allow them to beat us in a big game. Plus Rivers sucks.

The Colts and Jags are our two biggest threats in the AFC and I'm more much concerned by the Jags.

Fred Taylor is 6-foot-1, 228 pounds. He's nothing like Jones-Drew. Definitely not small. They are quite a tandem though. Very, very effective.

Sure, there's certain teams that I would or wouldn't want to play in the playoffs, but then I thought to myself I really don't care who we play. If we get beat, then we get beat, we weren't the best team throughout the whole season(including the playoffs obviously).

If we are the best team, then we'll beat all opposition that we face.

Fred Taylor is 6-foot-1, 228 pounds. He's nothing like Jones-Drew. Definitely not small. They are quite a tandem though. Very, very effective.

not the same but i think he meant both are powerful and they are big. big doesnt mean height..look at the build of MJD..hes short but stocky and his legs are tree trunks

Taylor is playing lights out again and hes really the most underrated back in recent history

Sure, there's certain teams that I would or wouldn't want to play in the playoffs, but then I thought to myself I really don't care who we play. If we get beat, then we get beat, we weren't the best team throughout the whole season(including the playoffs obviously).

If we are the best team, then we'll beat all opposition that we face.

I agree completely. There are no "voodoo" teams out there for the Pats. There used to be Denver, though I don't think they would be for these Pats. But it doesn't seem to really be an issue ;) Were these games 30 minute affairs, I would worry... but over 60 minutes, I don't care who they are. They don't beat these Pats.

Five more, gentlemen. Five more.

PFnV

Jacksonville would have beaten Pitt regardless of playing us last week. They are the better team. Jax is clearly the third best team in the AFC behind NE and Indy. That team just beats their opponents into submission by pounding the rock and getting key third down conversions from Gerrard. Their running game keeps them in 3rd and short a lot and Gerrard doesn't make many mistakes. I don't have the stats, but they have scored a ton of points in the fourth quarter this season.

The defense is good but they can be thrown on. If the Pats get out to a two score lead, then that will take them out of their running game and then we will see if Gerrard can keep them in the game with his arm.

But lets keep some perspective, the Jags couldn't beat Indy in two seperate tries, even when the Colts were banged up. Pittsburgh is not as good as their record and have proven that on several occasions this season. Whoever comes into Foxboro will have to play a perfect game and hope the Pats play a bad game, if they want to win.

The Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jags are a team that is building the type of late season momentum common in many Super Bowl teams. They also appear to be built for the wintery conditions of frigid Foxboro. They are perhaps the most physical team in the league spearheaded by a mobile mistake-free quarterback and a two headed monster in the backfield.

Their Dline and LB's are the strength of their defense. Running against them is pretty much a futile task. The pressure they can generate from their front 7 combined with the effect of the weather on our passing game could be the exact recipe for Patriots disaster.

The Patriots and Jags appear to be on a collision course for the divisional round of the playoffs. The Jags have the #5 seed which means they'll be matched up with the #4 seed in the Wild Card Round. The only way we manage to avoid Jacksonville in the divisional round is if the #6 seed upsets the #3 seed (which is a strong possibility since #3-#6 are all evenly matched).

Anyhow, I thought I'd point all this out to any of you who think that a 16-0 season means all we have to do is show up. A reminder that the playoffs are going to be a very difficult battlefield to navigate through.

Having said all that...

"Feel the magic...BE THE MAGIC!!!"

In Belichick we trust...

);pyper
didn't the jags lose twice to the colts? if the jags cant beat the colts a team they know extremely well what makes you think they can beat the pats ?

didn't the jags lose twice to the colts? if the jags cant beat the colts a team they know extremely well what makes you think they can beat the pats ?

Different matchup styles.

That applies to any sport.

The Jags lost to the Colts the first time because David Garrard got hurt, their backup came in and threw like two interceptions, a safety and a fumble or something like that. Point being, their QB didn't play (same situation against NO).

The second time the Jags lost to the Colts, it was 25-28 AT the RCA Dome, where if you watched the game, the Jags really outplayed the Colts. The refs practically handed victory to Indy on a silver platter. I know because I watched that game. People would have made a bigger deal about it in the media, except it was on the same weekend that the Ravens whined about their close loss, and the Browns got that "controversial" field goal. Somehow amidst all of the drama people forgot about the situation. Wilbon on PTI even went as far as to say "How can you knock out the champs, if the refs wont count them out?"

Jags are 10-4 right now. In the four games they have lost, two were without their starting QB, one was ripped by the refs and the other was in the season opener that they lost 10-13 without their field goal kicker, who got hurt moments before the game started, on top of their offensive coordinators first game in the NFL. Clearly, there were kinks the first three 3-4 games, but that doesn't appear to be a problem now.

Over the last 10 games, Jacksonville is averaging 28 PPG, wrapping up their fourth consecutive 400 yard effort (6 in the last 10 games) and they do it largely on the ground, and take away the clock. They have the third rated passer in the NFL, and as of the last time I checked (last week), Garrard leads all QBs on third down rating (yes, even Tom!). This team converts third downs, fourth downs, moves the ball, runs the clock, is capable of playing good defense (albeit suspect pass defense this season) and would benefit even further from the December environment.

If anyone thinks it's going to be a cupcake (if jacksonville does indeed get in), they are crazy. This is the second best team in the league behind the Patriots, even though they are 10-4. Their losses are really a matter of circumstance.

Last edited:
Jax does look good, however, they still have a tendency to implode. I'm not sure who their last two games are against, but I could see them losing both. IMHO, you have to factor in the Del Rio as a pretty big negative. I get the pleasure of seeing them play twice a year in depth against the Colts.

It's the old cliche, give them enough rope.

They are a very talented team, but its all predicated on raw emotion. They don't show poise, they usually do a couple of stupid things a half. I guarantee you get a couple extra set of downs for a late hit or a blown defensive assignment or they'll kill their own drive by a guy getting suckered into pushing after a play is over to show how tough he is.

Teams that play under control and don't panic will beat them almost everytime.

I hope every year they don't replace Del Rio because he's worth 10 points a game for the opposition on his own.

Pats don't seem to lose their cool, trickles down from the coach.

Now if you get into a pissing match with them and try to out cheap shot them, you could be in trouble.

I think he'd be a great Defensive position coach, but he's not in any way savvy or cool enough to run a championship team.

They are really really talented though.

Last edited:
The Jags lost to the Colts the first time because David Garrard got hurt, their backup came in and threw like two interceptions, a safety and a fumble or something like that. Point being, their QB didn't play (same situation against NO).

The second time the Jags lost to the Colts, it was 25-28 AT the RCA Dome, where if you watched the game, the Jags really outplayed the Colts. The refs practically handed victory to Indy on a silver platter. I know because I watched that game. People would have made a bigger deal about it in the media, except it was on the same weekend that the Ravens whined about their close loss, and the Browns got that "controversial" field goal. Somehow amidst all of the drama people forgot about the situation. Wilbon on PTI even went as far as to say "How can you knock out the champs, if the refs wont count them out?"

Jags are 10-4 right now. In the four games they have lost, two were without their starting QB, one was ripped by the refs and the other was in the season opener that they lost 10-13 without their field goal kicker, who got hurt moments before the game started, on top of their offensive coordinators first game in the NFL. Clearly, there were kinks the first three 3-4 games, but that doesn't appear to be a problem now.

Over the last 10 games, Jacksonville is averaging 28 PPG, wrapping up their fourth consecutive 400 yard effort (6 in the last 10 games) and they do it largely on the ground, and take away the clock. They have the third rated passer in the NFL, and as of the last time I checked (last week), Garrard leads all QBs on third down rating (yes, even Tom!). This team converts third downs, fourth downs, moves the ball, runs the clock, is capable of playing good defense (albeit suspect pass defense this season) and would benefit even further from the December environment.

If anyone thinks it's going to be a cupcake (if jacksonville does indeed get in), they are crazy. This is the second best team in the league behind the Patriots, even though they are 10-4. Their losses are really a matter of circumstance.

List all the stats you want DeLIGHT, it won't help Jacksonville to beat the Patriots. That just won't happen buddy. But if they are your team, keep up your wishful thinking. But for you to think a 10-4 team who lost TWICE to the Colts is gonna come into Gillette and beat us, you're kidding yourself big guy.

The second time the Jags lost to the Colts, it was 25-28 AT the RCA Dome, where if you watched the game, the Jags really outplayed the Colts. The refs practically handed victory to Indy on a silver platter. I know because I watched that game..

Garrard did get hurt the first game, thats part of the game. I'm thinking the Colts had some injuries in that game as well.

I'm not going to go into the whole ref deal, you can say that about every game. I don't make that excuse when the Colts lose, thats just me.

However, in the second game the Jags were marching down the field getting ready to score a touchdown and one of their wide receivers got in a tickle fight after a play and got flagged for unsportsman like 15 yarder, killed the drive, they settled for field goal. Lack of poise, imo. Happens almost every Colts/Jags game.

Jags are the flavor of the week.
We have been through Green Bay,Dallas,Giants,Lions...
There are no easy ones in the playoffs.
Nobody in Boston is afraid or "doesn't want to face" any team.
This is utter BS.

The reason this year's Jacksonville team is different from 2 years ago is David Garrard. The guy is still a relative unknown, but if you've watched their games he's very good. Not only have they beaten the Steelers they've also taken down the Chargers as well. The Colts are still the biggest threat, but right behind them is the Jags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News