Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tarik Glenn retiring

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Nordberg, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Re: Glenn Retiring

That's a great expression. I am appropriating that to my own jargon and will use it frequently without crediting you. Just so you know.
  2. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the props
  3. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ugoh may get sometime there, but it will probably be Charlie Johnson. Whoever they use to replace him will likely be a step down thiugh.
  4. Mooch

Mooch Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's an understatement. A new LT a week before training camp? That's a potential disaster for the Colts. Teams are going to load up against the left side and blitz the hell out of Manning. If I'm a Colts fan, I'm pissed off that Glenn would potentially leave the team out to dry like this so close to training camp.
  5. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

6. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Hey, whoever the backup is will have to step up. Ugoh is an OT projected to OG in the NFL. Matt Light was also projected as a guard and he played pretty damn good as a rookie LT.

I mean, Glenn retiring isn't good news, but it isn't the end of the world, either.

Success for the Colts depends on the backup stepping up.

The problem as I see it is that the Colts have five or six of these positions, mostly on defense, where the backup needs to step in and not miss a beat. It is realistic for some of these backups to fill in adequately or maybe even one or two be an improvement. It is NOT realistic for ALL the backups to produce like starters. They are going to have a couple weak links which should be very well exposed by early November.
  7. Crazy Patriot Guy

Crazy Patriot Guy Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

I'm with you. They aren't going to suddenly struggle on offense. Maybe Peyton has a little less time to throw, maybe he gets sacked a little more. However, he's still an elite QB and will still produce.

As some have said, anything that makes the Colts less good, no matter how small, is good for us. We will still have a war on our hands when we play them this season though.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

They may not struggle but there's nothing that will shoot down an offense quicker than a drop in OL play. Will this result in a big drop ? None of us know the answer to that. But if "Peyton has a little less time to throw", to use your words, that could be the difference between the big completion and not and could have a huge impact especially against better defenses.
  9. RyanTheColtsFan

RyanTheColtsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As long as Mudd is the OL coach, Peyton Manning will be fine. Mark my words.
  10. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

keep telling yourself that it will make you feel better but im afraid it doesnt improve talent on the o line
  11. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

There is no way you can say this does not hurt your OL, Glenn is a Pro bowler.

Who is going to be responsible for protecting Manning's blindside?? Charley Johnson who has started 1 game during his two years with the club?The rookie Ugoh??

I don't care how good of a coach Mudd is - you need talent and skills.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

We can say the same about Scarneccia - until we don't have NFL talent on the field. Let's see if Glenn's replacement can play, there comes a time the coach doesn't matter.
  13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Over on Indy Star they are torn right now between denial from those who fear what this could portend for The Franchise as his defense of the title season commenses, and the urge of some to slam their perenial pro bowler for all his false starts they sure won't miss if he is in fact leaving them in the lurch. Secretly they are almost all hoping this is just a ruse to squeeze a new deal out of Polian on the heels of the Freeney deal. They really don't care about money they way this fan base does - they just want Polian to find a way to keep as much talent as he can any way he can. Tarik was down to the last $4.5M of a 6 year $30M deal signed in 2002 that pales in comparison to the deals run of the mill OLinemen are scoring this season.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

That's what we said about Belichick and his defense - until the likes of Duane Starks and Monty Beisel were starters.

:bricks:
  15. CaColtsfan

CaColtsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is a bit misleading.
    The majority are surprised by this and would like to think it is just rumor. But most of us realize that Tarik has a right to his own life and health and if he truly wants out we wish him happiness.

We have to put our trust in the Colts to try and make the replacement seamless. Will the Colts suffer for this? We can't know until the season starts but I for one trust Mudd and hope that we don't see a huge dropoff.
    Not all of us fit your description of not caring about the money...we just realize we have NO control over it so there is no since complaining about it.
  16. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Unfortunately, Manning is that good of a QB! IMO He may struggle at first, but they'll probably be firing on all cylinders, whether it's Ugoh, Johnson, DeMulling or some other lump, by the time our boys roll in on week 10. I actually prefer it, so Colts fans won't have an excuse for the thumping we're going to give 'em.
  17. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Rather a rude and insulting sig to bring to another team's board, wouldn't you say?

And to think Pats fans were called classless.
  18. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You surprised? Go to a Colts board - they've been patting themselves on the back since January. I figured they would be used to feeling like champs since they've expected it for 4 years :)
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well, we can raise him two on that - this is the wrong board to think you're king with one Super Bowl.
  20. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I am suprised of all theColts fans that Ryan did that.

Well Ryan, be careful how you act when you are on top because you will get stampled on the way down- which will be very, very soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.