PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tape leaker caught - maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Doesn't look like this was posted here yet... I'm looking forward to seeing someone else go down as fallout of the bogus "Patriots cheat (and so do a lot of other teams but we don't want to talk about that)" Story

Meanwhile I'm perfectly happy to see Spygate stories pop up here and there to keep the team focused and motivated to shove every 20+ point victory down Goodell's throat.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 5:09 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 5:32 p.m. EDT, October 5, 2007
RUMORS FLY THAT THE TAPE LEAKER HAS BEEN CAUGHT

A league source tells us that the NFL has determined the identity of the person whom the NFL believes leaked to FOX's Jay Glazer the tape that was confiscated from Pats video assistant Matt Estrella on September 9 at the Meadowlands.

But another source tells us that the name that's currently on the grapevine isn't the person who leaked the tape to Glazer.

The only fact we're consistently hearing in this regard is that the NFL wanted very much to figure out how the tape ended up in Glazer's hands, and that there's a real concern that the league might end up blaming the wrong person.

The story regarding the NFL's desire in detecting the leak was, for folks in the media, almost as big as the story of the Patriots cheating scandal. It threatened to overshadow the fact that Glazer's scored a major coup by landing the tape.

As to the person whose name is making the rounds as the alleged leaker, we're not prepared to disclose his/her name. Our decision in this regard is influenced in large part by the fact that we're hearing from other sources that the person who has been supposedly fingered as the leaker isn't the actual leaker.

Stay tuned. Maybe.

Doesn't look like this was posted here yet... I'm looking forward to seeing someone else go down as fallout of the bogus "Patriots cheat (and so do a lot of other teams but we don't want to talk about that)" Story

Meanwhile I'm perfectly happy to see Spygate stories pop up here and there to keep the team focused and motivated to shove every 20+ point victory down Goodell's throat.

OK, but is the leaker who is leaking the story that they have identified the leaker or the leaker who is saying that the leaker identified by the other the leaker is not the real leaker the same leaker as the tape leaker?

Interesting...but a whole lot of nothing...really we sort of know but we can't say because it might not be and????
I always want to hear some of these stupid theories or followups on spy gate OR better yet followups on Sando's allegations about the 15 seconds of dead air being vuiolated..and other practices..

Fellers,

I'm still betting that the source of the tape that Glazer got was closer to Goodell. In fact, likely married to Goodell.

Let's see here. Goodell had the tape. Goodell is married to a Fox Anchor. Jay Glazer works for Fox. Coincidence? Hmmmmmmm......

Respects,

OK, but is the leaker who is leaking the story that they have identified the leaker or the leaker who is saying that the leaker identified by the other the leaker is not the real leaker the same leaker as the tape leaker?

...exactly.

Uh, the link is to the PFT rumor mill.

This is the outfit that said (seriously) that Moss was about to be cut around game 1.

Come on guys.

PFnV

I think this leak controversy is a little overblown. Its not like the tape contained national security secrets.

Right, so this tabloid site says, "They caught the person who leaked it, but some people say that person didn't leak it, so we won't tell you who it is." Yea sure. I heard Bill Belichick is quitting his job to become Jets DC under Mangini, but other people say he isn't leaving, so I can't tell you he's leaving. Stay tuned. Maybe.

Last edited:
OK, the sneaky, conspiracist side of me always felt the "leaker" was extremely close to Goodell, in fact was Goodell himself!!

How could that possibly make sense? Goodell knows the Pats are about to send him 500 boxes of tape and he is planning to destroy them rapidly. Everyone knows the hue and cry as is...imagine what it would be like now if that single Jets tape did not get leaked on Fox and showed the exact sideline taping everyone was alleging. The stuff people would be imaging would be 1000x worse.

IMO...

The only suspects in this case are the Jets themselves.

They are the only ones that had full access to the tape prior to it getting in the NFL hands.

I also have to say that Tannenbaum is probably much more responsible for the fiasco then "Mangenius".

I think this leak controversy is a little overblown. Its not like the tape contained national security secrets.

Then like PFT you just don't get it. Florio thinks Glazer getting a scoop should have gotten more "story" attention than the fact that what was was leaked to him was evidence in an NFL investigation in the sole custody of the commissioner's office. It's about the integrity of the league office vs. a media that loves being part of a "story". Anything Goodell gets involved in that could result in disciplinary action should as a matter of course be expected to be able to remain confidential at HIS discretion or his effectiveness and the perception thereof is undermined. If somebody in his office is trading favors for favors and/or to drive an agenda, that individual needs to be made an example of - that access to information in the league offices isn't your ticket to bigger and better things.

At some point there may be things that person has access to that the league does not under any circumstances want made public, including things that could influence possible court challenges. Then it's a big deal. This episode was like a warning shot across the commissioner's bow. You aren't in control of your own offices, and in a billion dollar business that is not a position a CEO wants to be in.

PFT is becoming more and more like the National Enquiror..Florio couldn't be any more obvious about his anti Pat's agenda/bias...

Uh, the link is to the PFT rumor mill.

This is the outfit that said (seriously) that Moss was about to be cut around game 1.

Come on guys.

PFnV

Actually I purposefully didn't include the link - but the mods must have added it... I didn't feel like driving any more traffic to the guy's website given the completely one sided way he used Spygate to serve his interests

I'll just not post any actual verbiage from the site anymore - but in this case the story has a chance to embarrass Goodell - as some have pointed out the leak could well be his own wife... so I'm all for fanning the flames on this one.

Man, I need my Depends!

PFT is becoming more and more like the National Enquiror..Florio couldn't be any more obvious about his anti Pat's agenda/bias...

Man, I really agree with this. I think this guy is a slimey leach. The whole thing really disgusts me. It does not matter how unreasonable things are, he simply posts them - if they seem to support his agenda.

I always wondered why Len Pasquerella never seriously tried to defend his reputation against this guy, after all the crap that he said about Len, but I think that he simply decided to let the guy sleep in the bed that he makes. In other words, pft will probably mess up somehow and get their own treatment.

Does anybody know if Florio used to work at ESPN? I seem to recall that he used to work for some sports agency. I know he has a law degree. But, wouldn't it be funny if the guy has some creepy past. I can't imagine that he was a real treat to work with.

If he did work at one of these places, this is probably where he got some of his contacts.

I just really don't like him and I do not go to he site.

The tape leakage was the best thing that could have happened for the Pats.

1. "Is that it?" It showed what a farse the whole thing was.

2. I'm sure it embarassed the hell out of Goodell...especially how quickly it got out.

Not seeing the tape would have caused the casual fan to imagine all sorts of things.

Could PFT get any more farcicle? I just looked it up and that's not a word. I think I'll suggest it to Merriam Webster and use this article as an example.

PFT weather forecast Sunny and dry with 6 inches of rain.:rofl: :rofl:

I like the fact that a rumor mill site, which never hesitated to report any rumor associated with the controversy (not to mention "Randy Moss to be cut"), is hesitating to report this rumor. The only reason they aren't viewed as a tabloid site is because, when it comes to the rumor mill, they make no judgements and simply report what the rumors are.

PFT is now saying that they need to judge the content of rumors before they report them. This allows us to look at all of the ridiculous rumors they've reported (like the Moss one) and mock them for it. Without consistency Florio is just a hack with an agenda.

He's from LA. He's a Los Angeles Leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back