PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talib on P.Manning vs Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
18-8. Call me when Manning has even a .500 record in the playoffs.

The bottom line is that both are first ballot HOFers and both are excellent QBs, but one has consistently choked in the postseason, while the other has won 3 SB's in 5 appearances, and taken his team to the AFCCG or better in about 50% of his starting seasons in a 14 year career.

I said it last offseason, I said it this offseason, and I'll say it here again after the fact: the team that gives Talib a big, long-term contract could quickly find itself regretting the deal.

I repeatedly said the entire time that Talib was here that he was overrated and inconsistent. At times he was very good, but that was a small piece of the pie. There were other slices that showed him being all out useless (both AFCCGs), and quite mediocre.

His play in the first 5-6 games from last year was night and day from his play in the other 12-13, when he wasn't any better than the average NFL CB. Many made excuses since he was injured (which was the mantra the entire time he was here from certain posters), but the fact remains that DEN is completely out of their minds for giving him that kind of money in my opinion; even if he has a good 1st season there.

I couldn't be happier that we somehow managed to upgrade the position. Now let's just hope that we're able to lock Revis up long term.

I repeatedly said the entire time that Talib was here that he was overrated and inconsistent. At times he was very good, but that was a small piece of the pie. There were other slices that showed him being all out useless (both AFCCGs), and quite mediocre.

His play in the first 5-6 games from last year was night and day from his play in the other 12-13, when he wasn't any better than the average NFL CB. Many made excuses since he was injured (which was the mantra the entire time he was here from certain posters), but the fact remains that DEN is completely out of their minds for giving him that kind of money in my opinion; even if he has a good 1st season there.

I couldn't be happier that we somehow managed to upgrade the position. Now let's just hope that we're able to lock Revis up long term.
I said it when he was here, so I have no problem saying it now that he plays for the enemy. I don't think Talib is a gamer, either. I honestly think he could have easily came back into the 2013 AFCCG and could have also probably came back in and played the year before. The camera showed him running (not jogging, running) out of the tunnel in Denver. It also showed Dennard looking like he was pleading with Talib to come back into the game. Revis has been and is a gamer. Add in that Revis is also one of the best corners (and possibly THE best) in the game today, and I'm absolutely fine with the fact that they let Talib walk.

Between the injuries and the whole Steve Smith thing last year, it does seem like it's very easy to get Talib out of his game if you get inside his head.

Right on, I definitely never went that far personally - I thought he was a top-5 corner when healthy (which was about a quarter of the time), a top 30 or so corner when playing hurt (about 50% of the time?) and useless when sitting on the bench (the other quarter of the time). He's the kind of guy that I would be happy to see the Pats pay $5-6M per year for. Since we all knew that he was going to get a lot more than that in FA, I was wary. For the money that he got, I'd rather have a guy who's on the field more often than not.

Even on top of all of that, he just struck me as the kind of guy who would go back to his old ways once he got paid. He toed the line while he needed to to drive his value up. Sometimes it turns out that guys like that really have had their eyes opened, but based on everything that he's said/done since getting paid, my initial suspicions are looking more likely.

The bottom line is that both are first ballot HOFers and both are excellent QBs, but one has consistently choked in the postseason, while the other has won 3 SB's in 5 appearances, and taken his team to the AFCCG or better in about 50% of his starting seasons in a 14 year career.

Uh huh I'd call going 16-0 and losing to 10-6 team a "choke" personally. So is losing to the Jets after you pounded them a few weeks earlier. Or losing in a blowout to a mediocre 9-7 Ravens team. Or losing a second time to the Giants, after they were a blistering 9-7 in the regular season.

Oh, and let's not forget the Pats blowing a 21-3 lead in the AFC Championship. I forget who that was against, maybe one of you Pats fans can help me out? I'd definitely call blowing an 18 point lead "choking" though.

Manning is now 2-1 VS Brady in AFC Title games, with the home team winning every time. What a "choker".

Brady started 10-0 with 3 SBs and is now 18-8, still with 3 SBs. Meaning since his last SB he's 8-8 in the playoffs with zero titles. It s amazing how after the Pats D went to crap Brady's playoff stats and the teams winning percentage in the playoffs drastically dropped. His playoff stats have been dropping for years. Remember when Pats fans crowed about how Brady "elevated" his game in the playoffs? Not so much anymore huh? (And by Anymore I mean since 2004).

Funny how Brady despite being a much better QB in the regular season over the past decade has had much less playoff success and has played so badly in the playoffs. But of course it's different when he does it. "He didn't have Gronk", "He doesn't have any recievers" blah blah blah.

I get that this is a Pats board but the way you guys go nuts anytime anyone says anything about Brady is hilarious.

It's funny how the Pats went 11-5 with a QB who hadn't started since HS.

It's almost like football is a team sport or something.

So thanks again for the laughs, that's what keeps me coming here.

Uh huh I'd call going 16-0 and losing to 10-6 team a "choke" personally. So is losing to the Jets after you pounded them a few weeks earlier. Or losing in a blowout to a mediocre 9-7 Ravens team. Or losing a second time to the Giants, after they were a blistering 9-7 in the regular season.

Oh, and let's not forget the Pats blowing a 21-3 lead in the AFC Championship. I forget who that was against, maybe one of you Pats fans can help me out? I'd definitely call blowing an 18 point lead "choking" though.

Manning is now 2-1 VS Brady in AFC Title games, with the home team winning every time. What a "choker".

Brady started 10-0 with 3 SBs and is now 18-8, still with 3 SBs. Meaning since his last SB he's 8-8 in the playoffs with zero titles. It s amazing how after the Pats D went to crap Brady's playoff stats and the teams winning percentage in the playoffs drastically dropped. His playoff stats have been dropping for years. Remember when Pats fans crowed about how Brady "elevated" his game in the playoffs? Not so much anymore huh? (And by Anymore I mean since 2004).

Funny how Brady despite being a much better QB in the regular season over the past decade has had much less playoff success and has played so badly in the playoffs. But of course it's different when he does it. "He didn't have Gronk", "He doesn't have any recievers" blah blah blah.

I get that this is a Pats board but the way you guys go nuts anytime anyone says anything about Brady is hilarious.

True, we all know what a real choker is:

55% comp pct. 6 TDs 8 INTs 70 qbr. 1-2 playoff record

Luck is following in the almighty forehead's footsteps quite well. :)

Please Don't Feed the Inbred Fanboy Hayseed Yahoo Trolls, Thank You.

Uh huh I'd call going 16-0 and losing to 10-6 team a "choke" personally.

Your 2 comments here kind of contradict each other, no?

You obviously forget the fact that Brady led the team to a 14-10 lead with a couple of minutes left in that Super Bowl by leading them down the field in crunch time and throwing an excellent TD to Randy Moss.

I suppose you somehow fault him for not coming in and preventing the once in a lifetime "helmet catch" as a defensive back as well?

Funny how you choose to leave out the fact that no other team in NFL history ever went 18-0, and yet we're supposed to somehow look down at our team and feel bad? LOL. It's unfortunate that they lost the final game in the last minute, but they also did something that no other team in history has done. Every Patriot fan will always be insanely proud of that team who won the first 18 games.

Bottom line is that Brady is 10-5 vs Manning, and has led this "team game" squad to appearances in 7 AFCCG's or better in his 13 starting seasons as our quarterback. I like those odds very much.

You're honestly going to come and post a few postseason games as examples, but somehow overlook the fact that Brady went one and done only ONE time (2010 season vs NYJ), while Manning has done it EIGHT times?

And then to top it off, you're going to talk about how we make you laugh? C'mon dude...

Your 2 comments here kind of contradict each other, no?

You obviously forget the fact that Brady led the team to a 14-10 lead with a couple of minutes left in that Super Bowl by leading them down the field in crunch time and throwing an excellent TD to Randy Moss.

I suppose you somehow fault him for not coming in and preventing the once in a lifetime "helmet catch" as a defensive back as well?

Bottom line is that Brady is 10-5 vs Manning, and has led this "team game" squad to appearances in 7 AFCCG's or better in his 13 starting seasons as our quarterback. I like those odds very much.

You're honestly going to come and post a few postseason games as examples, but somehow overlook the fact that Brady went one and done only ONE time (2010 season vs NYJ), while Manning has done it EIGHT times?

And then to top it off, you're going to talk about how we make you laugh? C'mon dude...

Lol, he only went 1 and done once? Gotta love Pats fans.

And yes, posts like yours do make me laugh.

What seasons did Tom Brady go one and done more than once?

2010 is all I can come up with.

2009 vs BAL? Maybe twice?

Those have to be the only times that happened. In 2005 when they lost to DEN I believe they played a game prior to that.

Either way, how many times did it happen compared to Manning's EIGHT? Twice?

It was most assuredly a choke. I also like to think the Giants Defensive Line played a more than fair game and the Patriots stubbornly refused to counter what the Giants were doing until it was too late.

No, that game was most certainly affected by the officials. I try to stay away from blaming them for losses but even the most ardent Colts fan has to realise this much like Steelers fans owe the Seahawks a Super Bowl.

Yes, he is.

This is not factually correct nor is it representative of truth. Since 2008, the entire Patriots team has been in a re-tool stage.

This is not correct.

No, not really. It's only a certain faction of the board.

I didn't find it funny in the slightest. It was a year wasted as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, it is which is why I often point to the ridiculous nature of Manning-worship.

No, thank you.

Lol, he only went 1 and done once? Gotta love Pats fans.

And yes, posts like yours do make me laugh.

Not sure what you'd find so funny, or why a fan of the Colts would even come to another team's site? I barely have time to check in on my own team's site.

The bottom line is that Brady has only gone one and done TWO times in his postseason history, and Manning has done is EIGHT. That isn't "funny," it's pathetic.

2009 vs BAL? Maybe twice?

Those have to be the only times that happened. In 2005 when they lost to DEN I believe they played a game prior to that.

Either way, how many times did it happen compared to Manning's EIGHT? Twice?
You have quite the memory.

Apparently, you didn't bother to see the post above. I said once off the top of my head, and it actually happened twice. Apologies, but I quickly corrected myself.

It happened 2x in '09 and '10. Either way, that's a lot different than Manning's eight.

And yes--I do have quite the memory.

See, you make me laugh. You make excuses for Brady blowing the SB twice against the Giants by saying he had the lead and the D let them down lol.

Not like that's ever happened to Manning, right? He's never gotten his team the lead only to watch the D let the other team score. No, he just "choked".

And I'd call scoring 14 points with the greatest offense in NFL history a "choke" too. Remember how he laughed when he heard that Plaxico predicted the Pats would "only" score 17? Plax gave the Pats too much credit.

Brady played like crap in the AFC Title game that year and his D bailed him out. But again, this is a Pats board so I get why you can't admit that (not to mention you don't seem to have the best memory).

Apparently, you didn't bother to see the post above. I said once off the top of my head, and it actually happened twice. Apologies, but I quickly corrected myself.

It happened 2x in '09 and '10. Either way, that's a lot different than Manning's eight.

And yes--I do have quite the memory.

I knew he did it in 2009 (I can see why a Brady fan would want to forget that one though) off the top of my head.

You didn't correct yourself, I pointed out you were wrong.

Apparently, you didn't bother to see the post above.

It happened twice. Either way, that's a lot different than Manning's eight.

Well Supa, if you change "One and done" to "One then done" then I guess this guy might have a point. I mean, think about it! Brady has had not 1, not 2, but 4 in his career (05, 06, 12, 13)! So if you factor those in with his "One and dones" that would make 6. And if you add the one time that Brady missed the playoffs in 02, then it'd be 7. So it's not such an inane comparison after all. :rolleyes:

I knew he did it in 2009 (I can see why a Brady fan would want to forget that one though) off the top of my head.

You didn't correct yourself, I pointed out you were wrong.

I quickly corrected myself, was polite to you, and even apologized for my mistake of quickly thinking off the top of my head that it was "one" when it was actually "two."

Obviously you have no class and are just trying to troll here. Take care.

Not sure what you'd find so funny, or why a fan of the Colts would even come to another team's site? I barely have time to check in on my own team's site.

The bottom line is that Brady has only gone one and done TWO times in his postseason history, and Manning has done is EIGHT. That isn't "funny," it's pathetic.

You barely have time to check on your own team's site and you have almost 14,000 posts lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back