PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

taking out bradys knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Colts fans were similarly worried when they had all the 16-0 hype a few years bac and Manning broke the TD record?

Genuinely curious, not being snide.

I really believe most of Mannings TDs were in the context of the game. Some weren't and it annoyed me when he pressed it. The difference here is that anything that happens will be directed at Belichick and not necessarily the player. This EFF-em attitude that BB has could have some serious consequences.

I really believe most of Mannings TDs were in the context of the game. Some weren't and it annoyed me when he pressed it. The difference here is that anything that happens will be directed at Belichick and not necessarily the player. This EFF-em attitude that BB has could have some serious consequences.

TB and PM might be the two toughest QBs in the league. I don't think there's any doubt that players have been trying to take them out for years. It's never happened and whatever Belichick does isn't going to change that. I'm not worried in the least.

I think there is something to the idea that people who worry about getting injured are the ones who do.

Then you have guys like Brady, Manning (yeah I'll give it to him), and Favre who just play like their ass is on fire. One day you look up and they have started 100 or 200 consecutive games.

Then you have guys like JD Drew (different sport but you get the idea) who are like hyperchondriacs. They have a negative outlook and wonder why negative things always happen to them.

I have faith in the o-line but yeah, it seems more and more likely that some cheap after the whistle hit is going to occur. I guess if you can't beat 'em, break 'em. The NFL is getting to be pretty sad these days.

If the Patriots continue to keep Brady in a game that the team is leading by 30 or more points in the 4th quarter then some defensive lineman are going to be going after his legs and one of these guys will be one that does not care about a fine or suspension - for that I am worried,It almost becomes inevitable if it continues although just because they will try to injure Brady does not mean they will succeed.

If that ever happened I would hope that player was removed from the National Football League. To willingly attempt to injure a player because YOU cannot stop him, is dispicable and I would hope the NFL would not tolerate that type of play ever at any time. Indefinite suspension to a player should occur if a player intentionally tries to injure another.

Im not jealous... But I will watch every Pats game from now on to see how football is supposed to be played.

Wow, they say that time heals all. They must be right..... Last week, I thought you were kinda a jerk, this week...... I kinda like you :singing:

{just teasing.... of course}

I think there is something to the idea that people who worry about getting injured are the ones who do.

Then you have guys like Brady, Manning (yeah I'll give it to him), and Favre who just play like their ass is on fire. One day you look up and they have started 100 or 200 consecutive games.

Then you have guys like JD Drew (different sport but you get the idea) who are like hyperchondriacs. They have a negative outlook and wonder why negative things always happen to them.

???? Like what....... Win the World Series :rocker:

Wilbon endorses knocking out Brady thru dirty play

In today's Washington Post live chat:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/10/24/DI2007102402052.html?hpid=topnews

"I'd hit Tom Brady with everything I had as late as I could and take the penalty and join the fight that would surely follow."

Then he reiterates again...

"If I was on the other side my goal would have been for Brady to be helped off the field, by whatever means necessary."

When a questioner calls him out, he tries to backtrack...

"I'm saying football is a violent game and I believe in an eye for an eye. You think Sam Huff wouldn't have taken out Brady yesterday? And when I say "take out" I don't mean go for his knees; I mean a clean shot with every once of force one can summon...right in the strike zone. You think Butkus and LT and Bednarik would have stood for that stuff? No way. No chance."

Re: Wilbon endorses knocking out Brady thru dirty play

Then Wilbon is a jackass.

And Butkus and LT wouldn't be down 52-0 because they didn't suck. You make a statement with how you play, plain and simple. The Redskins should "take out" themselves for sucking balls yesterday.

Last edited:
I disagree. History tends to bear out that PLAYERS (on any team) take a serious dislike at the notion of DELIBERATE ATTEMPTS to injure. It makes for cute Hollywood movie lines ala "Sweep the leg" Cobra Kia stuff. But it's unrealistic to think that many players would deliberately go out there with the strict intent to "Get Brady" and end his season/career.

That may be largely true, but all it takes is one. I remember back when Jim McMahon was playing a DL came in well after the whistle, picked McMahon up and body-slammed him to the ground in an obvious and deliberate attempt to injure him. The DL was ejected and McMahon WAS injured, although I don't remember how badly. (vs Green Bay?...first name was Charles?)

Uh Jason, a moments thought (I know, it's asking too much) would let you realize that freakin' Rodney Harrison et. al. plays for the Pats. It would not be wise to attempt to intentionally injure Tom Brady.

And as for the days of Sam Huff, they were before your time but not mine. He was over rated but a definite piler on guy.

The goal is to legally hit the QB on every pass play. I do not expect anything other than every team trying to get to Brady every single play of every single game. A late or dity hit however is not tolerable no matter the circumstances. To suggest a late or dity hit because you can't stop them is acting like a baby with no integrity. Have some damn pride and stop them if you dont want them scoring. Or just quit and stop trying to score yourselves damnit. What the hell kind of mind frame to people have to have to even suggest that one team should stop trying but allow the other team to still try their hardest...

Last edited:

It's one thing for an internet troll to endorse going for the knees -- my Redskin buddy was joking about Sean Taylor taking out Brady's knee all week.

But for a respected national writer to endorse taking Brady out "by any means necessary" that's an embarrassment to sports journalism.

Where art thou, **** Schapp? :(

Yeah, three Lombardis is a row is some serious stuff.

If that ever happened I would hope that player was removed from the National Football League. To willingly attempt to injure a player because YOU cannot stop him, is dispicable and I would hope the NFL would not tolerate that type of play ever at any time. Indefinite suspension to a player should occur if a player intentionally tries to injure another.

Who cares what happens to that offender if he succeeds in his attempt? I am more concerned about the increasing possibility of Brady or some other person getting hurt by some low-IQ-maniac getting motivated by these reckless and irresponsible statements of some pathetic sour losers. :mad:

Wow, they say that time heals all. They must be right..... Last week, I thought you were kinda a jerk, this week...... I kinda like you :singing:

{just teasing.... of course}

???? Like what....... Win the World Series :rocker:
You truying to say JD Drew was instrumental in winning the World Series? If it was for his salary he'd be gone.

That's the trouble with guarateed contracts. Guys get the money and don't have to try ever again.

He's all over the place.

"Stevensville, Md.: What are your thoughts about running up the score? In my opinion it's a teams job to put up points, not save their opponent from embarrassment. The Redskins' players are cashing million dollar paychecks just like the Patriots', so they have no one to blame but themselves for the blowout.

Michael Wilbon: Your thought is my thought. You want somebody not to run it up...don't let 'em. On the other hand, Belichick is a cheat and during games behaves with little class...If I was on the other side my goal would have been for Brady to be helped off the field, by whatever means necessary".

So he thinks it's okay to run it up, but that it's also okay to attempt to injure those that do. Consistent?

If the Patriots continue to keep Brady in a game that the team is leading by 30 or more points in the 4th quarter then some defensive lineman are going to be going after his legs and one of these guys will be one that does not care about a fine or suspension - for that I am worried,It almost becomes inevitable if it continues although just because they will try to injure Brady does not mean they will succeed.

Mike and the Mad Dog are saying the same thing on WFAN that brady could get injured if some madman tries to go after his knees. Also calling BB classless for having cassell throw the ball on 4th and 2 .Same as usual

This seems to be the sentiment from fans everywhere. go to any rival site and I guarentee you there is a patriots thread. open the thread and you will see idiots talking about our "lack of class" yet ironically the suggest taking bradys knees out. THATS WHAT THIS HAS COME TO GUYS, scared and insecure fools no longer able to think up a real way to beat the pats so the suggestion of intentionally injuring #12 seems rational. now thats class:rolleyes:

What is even more classless is that their mod's allow such foolishness to remain on their boards.:cool:

In today's Washington Post live chat:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/10/24/DI2007102402052.html?hpid=topnews

"I'd hit Tom Brady with everything I had as late as I could and take the penalty and join the fight that would surely follow."

Then he reiterates again...

"If I was on the other side my goal would have been for Brady to be helped off the field, by whatever means necessary."

When a questioner calls him out, he tries to backtrack...

"I'm saying football is a violent game and I believe in an eye for an eye. You think Sam Huff wouldn't have taken out Brady yesterday? And when I say "take out" I don't mean go for his knees; I mean a clean shot with every once of force one can summon...right in the strike zone. You think Butkus and LT and Bednarik would have stood for that stuff? No way. No chance."

What a moronic name dropping analogy. Snyder has spent millions for years now on assembling teams chock full of overhyped big name talent that either doesn't deserve it's hype or is so poorly coached it's a waste of money. Next he might want to try finding a real QB. If Butkus and LT and Bednarik were playing on a team that was getting it's ass kicked like the 'Skins yesterday, it's a lot more likely they'd take out their own QB and a couple of his underperforming weapons in practice this week (like the comedy drag queen who can't run out of a paper bag any more) to force Gibbs to upgrade.

And nothing was stopping the oppositions's over hyped defense from getting after Brady yesterday EXCEPT our Oline and their own ineptness and maybe ****ty coaching.

Last edited:

Wait a sec-- he said that he didn't mean going for the knees. He's not saying to go for the knees.

And hitting a QB late here or there is fair game. It's not uncommon and that's how you stop a monster like that. I'll be honest, I keep hoping we'll hit Manning that way.

He shouldn't have said it, maybe. But from a fan perspective, I don't think he's wrong. Hit 'em on every play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back