PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

taking out bradys knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OTL stoking the fire

I've posted this before but it seems like a good thread to remind everyone from Pro Football Weekly's section with anonymous quote from "NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity" :

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2007/audibles2214.htm

“I can see the Patriots running the table right now, as locked in as (Bill) Belichick and those guys are, because their credibility has been challenged. The league (screwed) up. They woke up the bear. They should have left the (sucker) hibernate. The players feel like they are discredited. The coach feels like he has been. The experts are questioning whether they won all those games in the Super Bowl and whether they made some adjustments that they would not have been able to. Now they are going out to prove — it doesn’t matter, ‘We are a good football team.’ They should have let them sleep. (Belichick) don’t sleep much as it is. He is a surefire Hall of Fame coach, no doubt about it. If he sticks it out as long as I think he will, he could win seven or eight Super Bowls. He’ll coach a long time. It’s all he knows. As long as he could ride the tide with guys like (Tom) Brady, why wouldn’t he coach a long time?”

What is even more classless is that their mod's allow such foolishness to remain on their boards.:cool:

Excellent point. Our mods are one of many reasons why this is a decent forum.

Re: Wilbon endorses knocking out Brady thru dirty play

No big deal...If I ever meet Wilbon, I'll hit him with every once of energy I can summon...so hard his wife & children will feel it. What is wrong with media types these days? Inciting violence?? What a jakcass!

You mean like the EFF-you article!?!

Tell us, son, what do these two issues have in common. I said Wilbon is encouraging injuring a player or players.

WTF does the Eff you article have to do with this...son?

We're just waiting to hear your logic.:cool:

Jeez, now they want to injure our QB. Somebody please make sure the O-line hears about this. The Colts D line is notorious for going after QB knees.

yeah iam worried about that colts D line also. They have injured quite a few QB's. God forbid it happens, all this media will rejoice and term it as 'karma'

I love the unintended humor of irony

I was dramatizing the idiocracy of his comments! And I did a pretty good job, didn't I?;)

Wait.. wait Who's saying he gets hurt, per say He might be hurting after those hits But the question is about how you get Brady outta there in the 4th quarter when they're running it up

Maybe Wilbon is saying more than what I'm seeing here But I think he's endorsing good 'ol old school play I'm not saying late like dive across the line early I'm saying you can still hit the guy after the ball is out of his hands if timed well And that IS the way you soften a QB up

I still don't think he should've written it, nor do I think he's expressing himself clearly And obviously I wasn't either I'm not an evil guy Jeepers

This is just wrong. if it's a clean hit, it's a clean hit. If it's a deliberate attempt to hit him to late, then it's wrong. Who's to say he gets hurt? You can hit a QB late on each and every play when his guard is down. The more late hits he takes, the more chance he's going to get injured. Heck we had a QB go down this way just this weekend. He' advocating a late hit. That's just wrong.

I was dramatizing the idiocracy of his comments! And I did a pretty good job, didn't I?;)

Absolutely! :) We Pats fans DO get emotional when Brady's threatened and by a member of the press none the less!

No big deal...If I ever meet Wilbon, I'll hit him with every once of energy I can summon...so hard his wife & children will feel it. What is wrong with media types these days? Inciting violence?? What a jakcass!

Loudmouth Wilbon is somewhat of a Skins homer. Probably lost a boatload of money betting against the Pats and has to stoop to this level to get even. But what he suggests is very disturbing.

I've posted this before but it seems like a good thread to remind everyone from Pro Football Weekly's section with anonymous quote from "NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on condition of anonymity" :

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2007/audibles2214.htm

“I can see the Patriots running the table right now, as locked in as (Bill) Belichick and those guys are, because their credibility has been challenged. The league (screwed) up. They woke up the bear. They should have left the (sucker) hibernate. The players feel like they are discredited. The coach feels like he has been. The experts are questioning whether they won all those games in the Super Bowl and whether they made some adjustments that they would not have been able to. Now they are going out to prove — it doesn’t matter, ‘We are a good football team.’ They should have let them sleep. (Belichick) don’t sleep much as it is. He is a surefire Hall of Fame coach, no doubt about it. If he sticks it out as long as I think he will, he could win seven or eight Super Bowls. He’ll coach a long time. It’s all he knows. As long as he could ride the tide with guys like (Tom) Brady, why wouldn’t he coach a long time?”

True dat!

This team is playing for themselves and are only concerned with their play. Not for the opponents "feelings".

I just love this new idea. "Hmmm well running up the score, beating the other team up on the scoreboard is bad. Causing physical injury to their best player is a GOOD solution". HUH?

The pats are classless, disrespectful, running up the score, etc. The host, Bob Ley, cited camera gate and the "running up the score" incidents vs Browns, Phish, Skins, etc as evidence that they are disrespecting the game.

Michael Smith (formerly of the Globe) said some eyebrows have been raised but the feeling is, "If you don't like it, stop them." Also thinks that Brady could get hurt, someone WILL take a shot at TB, accept the fine and the penalty, saying enough is enough.

Just another motivating factor for BB and his boys.

Completely agree with what Bob Ley said, and I believe Smith is right about someone wanting to take a shot at Brady.

I'm not worried about the Colts' D-line going after Brady. Why? Because if Brady gets knocked out of the game, Manning WILL leave the field on a stretcher in the following series. You think Harrison would have any problem blowing out the guy's knee for Brady's sake at that point?

Deliberately attempting to injure a player in any set of circumstances is downright disgusting, and even if it was in reaction to Brady, I wouldn't be happy with it, but that is the only circumstance in which I could even tolerate it. The Colts are the only team in the league with as much to lose as we have on that front, and therefore they just won't instigate that chain of events.

Absolutely! :) We Pats fans DO get emotional when Brady's threatened and by a member of the press none the less!

ok...thought you were taking a shot at me...we're good then;)

And you're right about the press. they don't really think about their influence on people and in this case, Wilbon in on very dangerous ground.

Last edited:

This is just wrong. if it's a clean hit, it's a clean hit. If it's a deliberate attempt to hit him to late, then it's wrong. Who's to say he gets hurt? You can hit a QB late on each and every play when his guard is down. The more late hits he takes, the more chance he's going to get injured. Heck we had a QB go down this way just this weekend. He' advocating a late hit. That's just wrong.

You don't think linemen on all NFL teams are trained to hit that QB if it's close enough they won't get a flag? That's all I'm saying. This isn't new to the NFL. It's always been that way.

Wilbon might be saying more than that. If he is, then he's a moron. But if that's all he's saying, there's no problem there.

The way the Pats are playing this year, if a team looks to intentionally injure Brady, I expect the Pats will literally murder the other team.

You don't think linemen on all NFL teams are trained to hit that QB if it's close enough they won't get a flag? That's all I'm saying. This isn't new to the NFL. It's always been that way.

Wilbon might be saying more than that. If he is, then he's a moron. But if that's all he's saying, there's no problem there.

It is clear to EVERYONE there is a definate problem here. No one in the media ever suggest taking a shot at a player. This is very rare and very, very STUPID.:cool:

Michael Smith (formerly of the Globe) said some eyebrows have been raised but the feeling is, "If you don't like it, stop them." Also thinks that Brady could get hurt, someone WILL take a shot at TB, accept the fine and the penalty, saying enough is enough.

Forget about a fine. Anyone who in an obvious way "takes out" Brady will lose his career and, possibly, his pension. The NFL suits on Madison Avenue will make sure of it. Brady brings in too much money and attention for the league. Any player taking a bounty on him will pay (financially) for that for the rest of his natural life and will end up like Jack Tatum, living under some bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back