PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

taking out bradys knees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wilbon endorses knocking out Brady thru dirty play

You don't think linemen on all NFL teams are trained to hit that QB if it's close enough they won't get a flag? That's all I'm saying. This isn't new to the NFL. It's always been that way.

Wilbon might be saying more than that. If he is, then he's a moron. But if that's all he's saying, there's no problem there.

Dude, I am not listening to the show, are you? I mean, words are one thing, but if these folks can hear that there is an intent to injure, then maybe they are hearing it correctly.

Didn't you say that you have not heard it?

If you haven't, then come on?

The reality.....

is that any team in the NFL is 2 injuries away from being an average team.
When up by 38 in the 4th qt. it's insane to continue to play your starters.
Give your guys a blow, and get your back-ups some needed PT.
It ain't rocket science!

Re: OTL stoking the fire

Colts fans throwing shots at a team "running up the score"; pot, meet kettle.

What a clown you are Doltfan1985, you contribute less than nothing here, you aren't even a good troll as pathetic as that may seem.

Last edited:
Hey mods! Do 3 or 4 threads about the bitter threats of losers serve any purpose?

We really shouldn't be giving this thing legs, IMO.

It has nothing to do with football.

Pro football is on it

WILBON SUGGESTS TAKING OUT BRADY

I mentioned earlier in the day the possibility that "ome crazy-ass defensive lineman" might decide late in the latest Patriots blowout win that he doesn't like the fact that quarterback Tom Brady is still on the field, and that said "crazy-ass defensive lineman" might opt to go Vince Wilfork on Brady's knee.

Though some readers have assumed that this means I'm actually encouraging some crazy-ass defensive lineman to take out Brady's knees, let's be clear on this. I'm merely recognizing the obvious. It would be reckless and irresponsible to argue that a player should actually target Tom's patellar tendon.

Of course, not every writer apparently feels this way.

Mike Wilbon of the Washington Post (whom we like) has openly advocated taking out Tom's kneecaps during a Monday chat session.

The question was as follows: "I can understand Bill Belichick's desire to crush every team in the NFL, but why keep your franchise QB in there to do it? One cheap shot helmet to the knee and it's goodbye Super Bowl unless [Matt] Cassell suddenly gets good."

Says Wilbon in response: "You're absolutely right. And if I was on the opposing team, I'd hit Tom Brady with everything I had as late as I could and take the penalty and join the fight that would surely follow. Football is a violent game and there's got to be somebody out there sharpening his fan[g]s for the Patriots Golden Boy in the 4th quarter one of these weeks."

We expect to hear more and more about taking out Brady as the weeks go by -- and we think that the team with the most to gain via his absence needs to be monitored closely for low hits this weekend, especially since Colts defensive line coach John Teerlinck has a reputation in league circles for teaching his pupils to aim for the ACL.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Comment withdrawn. Maybe I'm wrong. Whatever.

Last edited:
But a previous poster was right - you can't play this game scared.

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die. 'He that will lose his life shall find it.' Is not a piece of mysticism for saints and heroes. It is a piece of advice for sailors and mountaineers. It might be printed in an Alpine guide or a drill book. The paradox is the whole principle of courage; even of quite earthly or quite brutal courage. A man cut off by the sea may save his life if he will risk it on the precipice. He can only get away from death by continually stepping within an inch of it. A soldier surrounded by enemies, if he is to cut his way out, needs to combine a strong desire for living with a certain carelessness about dying. He must not merely cling to life, for then he will be a coward and will net escape. He must not merely wait for death, for then he will be a suicide, and will not escape. He must seek his life in a spirit of furious indifference to it; he must desire life like water and yet drink death like wine."

Or we could whine to the commish until he issues a memo.

If Indy takes out brady then payton better be next.I would hope a championship team like the colts would want to be the best at there best.

Can we please stop the "let's maim each others quarterback threads"?

Thank you

10 10 10 10 10

Any player who intentionally injures another player because he's not man enough to either keep up or accept getting his ass whupped (or any fan who agrees with it) is a big **** and I hope he gets stabbed in the sack.

I'm not worried about the Colts' D-line going after Brady. Why? Because if Brady gets knocked out of the game, Manning WILL leave the field on a stretcher in the following series. You think Harrison would have any problem blowing out the guy's knee for Brady's sake at that point?

Deliberately attempting to injure a player in any set of circumstances is downright disgusting, and even if it was in reaction to Brady, I wouldn't be happy with it, but that is the only circumstance in which I could even tolerate it. The Colts are the only team in the league with as much to lose as we have on that front, and therefore they just won't instigate that chain of events.
You are a [edited]. First, Colts would not intentionally go after any QB's knees. Second, that pip squeek Rodney wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it if they did.

You are a douche. First, Colts would not intentionally go after any QB's knees. Second, that pip squeek Rodney wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it if they did.

Yeah, the best blitzing DB in the league wouldn't be able to destroy Manning if the Pats take out Brady with a cheap shot. :rolleyes:

You are a douche. First, Colts would not intentionally go after any QB's knees. Second, that pip squeek Rodney wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it if they did.

Yeah, Rodney could never hurt a QB.

Regards,

19967.jpg

Re: Can we please stop the "let's maim each others quarterback threads"?

ttt

We've got at least 3 threads totally devoted to ending Brady and Peyton's careers.

Where are all the mods? I'm sure if I made a post in each congratulating the Red Sox, they'd be moved immediately.:rolleyes:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65390

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65387

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65332

Last edited:

I pity the guy who hurts Brady, especially in a questionable play.

Re: Can we please stop the "let's maim each others quarterback threads"?

Great thinking!

"Instead of PM'ing the Mods, where it flashes up on their screen where they can't miss it, can quickly see it and remedy the problem, I'll just ***** and moan publicly and twirl around by starting a new thread (which a Mod has now merged into this thread)complaining about all the redundant threads."

You're a Mod yourself at NEM's site. You would think you'd know better.

In the meantime, now that I've seen this (later than I would have if you merely PM'ed me) I have consolidated the threads as you requested.

ttt

We've got at least 3 threads totally devoted to ending Brady and Peyton's careers.

Where are all the mods? I'm sure if I made a post in each congratulating the Red Sox, they'd be moved immediately.:rolleyes:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65390

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65387

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=65332

I agree 100% with the thread entitled "Can we please get rid of all the "Take out the knee" threads!

I started to get wrapped up in this and after taking a break, now see how STUPID this entire discussion has been....SERIOUSLY!:cool:

You are a douche. First, Colts would not intentionally go after any QB's knees..

Riiight, I think it was David Garrard's ankle that was injured on the hit Monday night.....

Last edited:

"Hmmm well running up the score, beating the other team up on the scoreboard is bad. Causing physical injury to their best player is a GOOD solution". HUH?

Not just the GOOD solution...the CLASSY solution. :rolleyes:

What Wilbon is advocating goes far beyond "taking out the QB." He doesn't want a tough or even dirty play, he wants assault and battery. Seriously. He's very explicit on this point -- he's urging players to intentionally injure an individual outside of the realm of football play. There's a name for this, it's called soliciting a felony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back