PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T.O voted most overrated player in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is overrated, the fact hat he even starts shows that.

Really? Should Rosencopter be starting over him?

I can think of these starters as being clearly better than Eli:

Brady
Manning
Brees
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Ryan
Vick
McNabb
Rivers

...and several that are in his category:

Romo
Flacco
Orton
Cassel
Sanchez
Young
Cutler
Henne
Favre (yep)

And maybe a few more. He's middle of the road probably somewhere between 15-20 on the NFL depth chart. Other than right after the SB that will not be named, I don't think most people have rated him higher than that. Romo and Sanchez, on the other hand, have been put into the top 10 (top five in Romo's case) at least at some point over the last 2-3 years. They're overrated. Eli isn't, because people have been pretty realistic regarding his performance.

Mark Sanchez - poor man's Trent Dilfer

Joey Porter - more bark than bite

Vince Young - two Pro Bowls for a guy with a career 74.7 QB rating to date

Vincent Jackson - Malcom Floyd making him look very replaceable

Tony Romo - very Favre-like in big moments, which usually spells disaster

Jay Cutler - million dollar talent and two cent brain

He is overrated, the fact hat he even starts shows that.
What? You're telling me that Sheli isn't one of the 32 best QBs in the NFL? Have you seen the QBs in the NFL?

Romo and Sanchize belong at the top of this list though. Romo moreso.

Ocho and TO aren't overrated. Just underliked.

Carson Palmer is overrated..

Carson Palmer is overrated..

Forgot about him. He definitely belongs.

I still hear people calling the Bengals a high powered offense. Umm, they're not. They haven't been an elite offense since von Oelhoffen turned Palmer's left knee into spaghetti.

I didnt even know Joey Porter played football anymore?

This list was made before the season.. Reason why TO was rated #1..
Which I disagree with..

Isn't he one of the sack leaders from 2004 to 2010?

Holy ridiculous sig, Batman. Seriously, you gotta tone that down.

I know BB would love to get Ocho. They're pals.:eat3:. I wouldn't mind the Pats getting him myself. I'm thrilled where Dirty Sancheze is.:singing:

Mark Sanchez - poor man's Trent Dilfer

Joey Porter - more bark than bite

Vince Young - two Pro Bowls for a guy with a career 74.7 QB rating to date

Vincent Jackson - Malcom Floyd making him look very replaceable

Tony Romo - very Favre-like in big moments, which usually spells disaster

Jay Cutler - million dollar talent and two cent brain

Thats a ridiculous list. Cutler has no Oline. As far as I'm aware Vince Young has a very good record as a starter and I haven't hear anybody blowing his trumpet. Vincent Jackson might have his issues but he is an elite receiver.

Romo is possibly overrated by the media but he is a very good QB.

As for the list. Well its just dumb imo. If you spend a lot of time in the spotlight then there is a good chance you get on that list.

What would have nice is to see who is overrated and how they became that way. ESPN for one due to their writers being in bed with the agents for information. In return these overrated players get more publicity so they can earn more money. The NFL network not far behind due to the same reasons.

If there was more honesty and more hard work in putting out the real stories about the real players ... i.e. old fashion reporting and journalism then there would be far fewer overrated players.

Much easier to report on the retreads than to report on the latest peaking players in the league.

Thats a ridiculous list. Cutler has no Oline. As far as I'm aware Vince Young has a very good record as a starter and I haven't hear anybody blowing his trumpet. Vincent Jackson might have his issues but he is an elite receiver.

Romo is possibly overrated by the media but he is a very good QB.

As for the list. Well its just dumb imo. If you spend a lot of time in the spotlight then there is a good chance you get on that list.

Cutler's problems go way back to his first days in Denver. He's not a horrible QB by any stretch but he is sometimes mistaken for an elite QB. He's got gunslinger-itis.

Young is not very good as a passer, he's thrown for more INT than TD in his career, and has never thrown more than 12 TD's in a single season. I hear mediots talk about him in MVP conversations whenever the Titans are doing well and I can't take any of that talk seriously. Rather not praise him for having the wherewithal to hand off to Chris Johnson all the time.

Vincent Jackson is not an elite receiver, sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson... those are elite receivers. Jackson is very good, but not in the same class as "elite". The Chargers' #2 receiver, Malcom Floyd, is on pace to best Jackson's 2009 numbers. That tells me more about Rivers' ability as a quarterback than anything.

I actually like Romo but he is treated like a star for a guy who gets the deer in the headlights come playoff time. He went from being an overachiever to an underachiever.

Last edited:
Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco have something in common, they're both overrated and disappear in big games.

In fact, it took Palmer 5 years at USC to get it together before the Bengals drafted this guy.

I know BB would love to get Ocho. They're pals.:eat3:. I wouldn't mind the Pats getting him myself. I'm thrilled where Dirty Sancheze is.:singing:

Bite your tongue. Don't ever confuse Bill gets a kick out of Ocho the entertainer on someone else's team with he would love to get Ocho. Not a fit for the system let alone the scheme. As harmless as his antics may seem, they are part of the reason that team has never managed to accomplish anything. 53 guys need to be unselfishly rowing in unison in the same direction. On and off the field and in and out of season. Chad simply can't be one of those guys. He has to find ways to promote himself.

I read yesterday that the TOcho filmed in season show is pulling worse ratings than reruns of really bad 80's shows in syndication... So he and TO are over rated as entertainers, too.

I read yesterday that the TOcho filmed in season show is pulling worse ratings than reruns of really bad 80's shows in syndication... So he and TO are over rated as entertainers, too.

In 2005, that show would have been huge. Then again, it's on Versus.

Sanchez overrated, at first I thought no, then I did a google search and found 3 different articles proclaiming Sanchez a top 10 QB, preseason articles.

I would say Sanchez is an unknown as far as how good a QB he is or will become, not a top 10, not a top 20?

Sanchez is the best QB on the Jets and they own the best record in the NFL, so that says something.

At any rate those who claim that Sanchez is a top 10 QB IMHO are over rating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News