PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T.O voted most overrated player in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bite your tongue. Don't ever confuse Bill gets a kick out of Ocho the entertainer on someone else's team with he would love to get Ocho. Not a fit for the system let alone the scheme. As harmless as his antics may seem, they are part of the reason that team has never managed to accomplish anything. 53 guys need to be unselfishly rowing in unison in the same direction. On and off the field and in and out of season. Chad simply can't be one of those guys. He has to find ways to promote himself.

I read yesterday that the TOcho filmed in season show is pulling worse ratings than reruns of really bad 80's shows in syndication... So he and TO are over rated as entertainers, too.

Why wouldn't he fit the scheme the guy is an excellent route runner with soft hands.

Dude come off of it for a sec. BB is on record multiple times praising this guy as a FOOTBALL PLAYER not an entertainer. If Ocho were to be released @ the end of this year for a patriot friendly price i think BB would almost certainly have some interest.

On a side note Boomer Esiason literally walked across the studio to bearhug Kris Jenkins, who basically said "it's the organization's fault for putting TO and Ocho on the same team. This is actually pretty funny.

Waiting to see what Jenkins has to say about Sanchez being on the most-overrated list. FWIW, I don't think Sanchez is overrated. Cowher just said that Cutler should be in Sanchez's place. Sharpe thinks that Romo should be #1 most overrated.

Last edited:
On a side note Boomer Esiason literally walked across the studio to bearhug Kris Jenkins, who basically said "it's the organization's fault for putting TO and Ocho on the same team. This is kind of a hilarious display.

He also explained that Twittering before a game and getting wrapped up in his TV show is bull. He isn't focused on football. These and other sideshow antics would never fit in Foxboro. That was a funny segment.

Why wouldn't he fit the scheme the guy is an excellent route runner with soft hands.

Dude come off of it for a sec. BB is on record multiple times praising this guy as a FOOTBALL PLAYER not an entertainer. If Ocho were to be released @ the end of this year for a patriot friendly price i think BB would almost certainly have some interest.

Ocho is plenty skilled as a football player, but I do think he'd have to pretty fundamentally change the way he does things if he wanted to play for the Pats. Not to say that Belichick wouldn't think of adding him, but it would be only after lots of due diligence IMO. On a side note, Ocho is doing a brilliant job of setting himself up for a post-NFL career, so I don't really blame him for being a personality like he is.

To blame the Bengals' lack of success on him seems pretty ridiculous, too, dunno what MLR's talking about there. Deion Sanders, Santonio Holmes, Michael Irvin, Joey Porter, etc. etc. wouldn't have multiple SBs under their belts if what he's saying was universally true. Clearly it isn't. There have been a lot of problems with the Bengals over the years, starting with Carson Palmer's knee. Ocho hasn't really been one of them.

Last edited:
Sanchez overrated, at first I thought no, then I did a google search and found 3 different articles proclaiming Sanchez a top 10 QB, preseason articles.

I would say Sanchez is an unknown as far as how good a QB he is or will become, not a top 10, not a top 20?

Sanchez is the best QB on the Jets and they own the best record in the NFL, so that says something.

At any rate those who claim that Sanchez is a top 10 QB IMHO are over rating him.

You're going to get burned at the stake by other Jets fans for saying this.

You're going to get burned at the stake by other Jets fans for saying this.

==============================================

Possibly, I am quite pleased with Sanchez overall, he is the key to whether the Jets will have any short or long term success.

Still If you are going to rate him anything beyond a top 20 QB, then IMHO you are overrating him at this point in his career.

Some more post season wins will go a long way to changing how I would rank him against the other QBs in the league.

The whole premise of the article is kinda silly, I mean cmon TO is a future HOF candidate.

==============================================

Possibly, I am quite pleased with Sanchez overall, he is the key to whether the Jets will have any short or long term success.

Still If you are going to rate him anything beyond a top 20 QB, then IMHO you are overrating him at this point in his career.

Some more post season wins will go a long way to changing how I would rank him against the other QBs in the league.

The whole premise of the article is kinda silly, I mean cmon TO is a future HOF candidate.

He is. But, as of right now, he's overrated.

Actually word out of Cincy (via NFL Networks pregame show this AM) is a major problem they have had on offense this year is the poor route running of him and TO. The timing patterns on offense have basically become useless because neither can be counted on to run the correct routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back