PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Survey of MVP voters suggests Peyton leads Peterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
After today I have to give the MVP nod to Peterson. Impressive game and season for ADP.

AD carried both of my fantasy teams to the Championship game last week; This week, AD carried a mediocre Vikings team to a playoff berth and came up a little less than a first down from breaking the rushing record.

His season was remarkable, coming back from torn ligaments to win the rushing title... which he did in his last TEN games alone (~ 1500 yards and ~ 6 ypc). That is unreal, and he did all of this with 31 less carries than ****erson.

there is no doubt that AP is the MVP....none

but the Admiral Neckbolts Navy is blasting its way across every media venue and outlet in America preaching the Manning Bible

there is no doubt that AP is the MVP....none

At least we see eye to eye on thing...

Having trouble defending that opinion back on my own forum, but it's the truth.

What's the big deal? It's only the MVP. It can't possibly compare to Slater making the Pro Bowl! :stars2:

I'm none of those, actually. :rolleyes:

Peyton Manning does car and pizza commercials and has a big forehead. He's pretty funny in commercials/SNL, etc. so naturally he's going to be a little more liked in general than Brady. Brady doesn't show the same emotion people see from Manning in public. He's much more serious more of the time, he's more vocally competitive (by that, I mean things like laughing at the Giants saying they would hold them to 17 points in that first SB match up), and just generally less likable to those outside of New England.

In terms of public perception, yes, people definitely like Peyton more than Brady, and that's not even close.

As far as the media goes though, just as many broadcasts refer to Tom Brady as "one of the best ever" as Peyton. Just as many analysts talk about how flawless he is as a QB. PM and TB are both equally loved by media and analysts alike. In fact, the ONLY negative thing I remember hearing from the media ALL season about either of the two QBs was a couple weeks into the season. That was some guys saying Manning's lost his arm strength...and then they'd qualify that with "but he's still incredibly accurate."

I can't recall hearing one negative thing about TB aside from maybe him being too competitive. That's not really a knock.

I'm not biased. I'm a Broncos fan, but that doesn't attach me to Peyton, this is only his first season with the team. It has been this way for almost the last decade. The media are collectively in love with Peyton and Brady, but fans in general like Peyton and hate Brady.

Are you seriously telling me someone with a media credential has labeled Tom Brady as "not clutch," and a "system QB?"

A fan, sure. No one in the media. No analysts.

Maybe you refer to media broadcast. The media in general around the country prefers the mannings to brady and its an undeniable fact. Its mainly because Archie and others are always in front of the media , obliging them, doing interviews. Heck Peyton had Chris mortensen as his media confidante all these yrs and even during this yrs search for his team. They create a friendly image and the media loves them. You cant deny that at all . Not once ever is manning questioned for an INT or a bad season. Its almost always someone else, the defense, the ST, receviers running wrong routes whatever it maybe. He calls out his oline, he was saying nothing wrong is what tom jackson was saying that yr.
Brady doesnt appear in very many interviews nor does his family. Hardly does as many commercials and the SB comment you refer to was after the fact that some giants proclaimed they will win (which they did) and his whole comment was at least plaxico couldve given a higher score than 17 .
I was watching the broncos game today and fouts and the other guy were basically saying no one runs the no huddle like manning .Brady also is right there , to which fouts says -"manning started it". Thats an example, no one wants to say anything which shows him a notch down. And before the NO superbowl, people want to make peyton "the greatest ever" before the SB ! Brady has one bad game, you will 100 articles about "he doesnt like pressure up the middle.Without great protection he cant win "
The irony is that brady is the 6th rounder who was the 4th QB on this team who has worked his way to the top .Manning was 1st overall pick, Eli used his dad's creds to force his hand in the draft and decide where he wanted to go when all brady wanted was to get drafted. Somehow people tend to forget that

The Vikings just made the POs despite playing in one of the toughest divisions, having an average defense, and one of the worst passing offenses. Despite being the Vikings only real threat on offense Peterson excelled in every statistical category and only put the ball on the ground three times. Not only that but his season was historic despite being slowed at the beginning as he came back from a major knee injury. If I'm not missing something Peterson produced >1/3rd of the Vikings offensive yards. If he doesn't win it'll be a travesty; Manning's season was great, but Peterson's was otherworldly.

The irony is that brady is the 6th rounder who was the 4th QB on this team who has worked his way to the top .Manning was 1st overall pick, Eli used his dad's creds to force his hand in the draft and decide where he wanted to go when all brady wanted was to get drafted. Somehow people tend to forget that

and THIS is exactly it...the rest of the country, particularly the midwest and south, have this ingrained belief that football is THEIRS and no gol-durned yankee, northerner, "chowd", metrosexual, gayboy, weakling, (insert every other known KKK insult ingrained at birth in these cretins), is a gonna` show up THEIR precious Tenny/Indy/Denver cracker. Just watch his ominpresent car commercial..."Outlaws... hut hut"...uh, OK...whoop dee doodle dee doodlly doo...I have family that like country...myself, I AM a lifelong guitarist...I like Zakk Wylde, OK? ..and I'm old as dirt...these morons would have me hung if I ever waltzed into Billy Bob's Red Neck Heaven and stuck a buck in the jukebox to play Crazy Train.

Please... I WANT Brady to lead the Pats into Denver...I WANT the Denver D matching up with a completely healthy Patriots offense. The Yee Haw Circus has really gone onm a tear since getting whacked in "Beansland"....unbelievably uplifting and heroic victories over the Raider ,Chiefs and Chargers have really pumped up Peytie's Ponies. The Pats have to take care of business to get this done...let's see how Denver does playing a D that can punch them in the mouth.

Good point. If it's not jealousy, then what? What's the obsession with PM as a Pats fan...I honestly don't understand it.

You absolutely could make that argument. Brady actually had less TDs than Manning, but outside of that you're correct. The SOS for both teams is rather unimpressive, so I wouldn't really factor that in. Pats was .496, Denver's .457, and you could probably credit that for the one game difference in records. Pats did have 23 rushing TDs to Denver's 10 (not sure if that includes today's game), but Manning had 3 more TDs than Brady.

What I'm getting is this; Pats fans are just pissed that Peyton is a finalist and Brady isn't. But like you said...who cares?!

The MVP is far from the be-all end-all of awards. Colts fans, Broncos fans, Peyton Manning...anyone...would trade what Peyton has for what Brady has. I hate the whole "1 or 2 plays away" argument, because if you used that you could go back to the Raiders snow game, or any Vinateri situation and say the other team was one play away too.

When it's all said and done, I pretty much guarantee AP will win the award, and I pretty much guarantee the Vikings will be a non-factor in the playoffs.

Brady, Manning...who the hell cares. They're both freakin great, and more likely than not, they'll be meeting each other for a chance to get to the super bowl. Probably the same thing next year too. That matters way more than a little MVP trophy. I'm just fascinated by why people have been making such a big deal of it.

Going in order of bolds:

1) I said total TDs not passing TDs. Brady actually only has 2 less passing scores than Manning but has 36 total TDs (4 rushing) to Peytons 34 TDs (0 rushing). This week may or may not be factored in to these stats but even if theyre not Brady had 2 and Manning had 3 leaving TB still +1.

2) SOW for the Broncos was embarrassingly low because they lost to the Pats, Texans and Falcons. Yes, you beat the Ravens with multiple starters on D missing just 2 weeks after they lost to the Charlie Batch led Steelers. Thats got to tell you something.

3) We're just pissed Brady barely gets recognition in comparison to Manning. I honestly dont give a **** about the MVP.

4) Yes the snowbowl is a great example where the 1-2 play excuse doesnt work. But Vinateri hitting a 40 yarder is not in the same realm as the Tyree helmet catch or, to a lesser extent, WW, one of the best receivers in the game, dropping a ball he gets both mits on. Plus, if AV misses the FG against the Rams or the Panthers the game isnt over.. its going to OT. Different situation.

5) Mannings been great, amazing even... in the regular season.

Going in order of bolds:

1) I said total TDs not passing TDs. Brady actually only has 2 less passing scores than Manning but has 36 total TDs (4 rushing) to Peytons 34 TDs (0 rushing). This week may or may not be factored in to these stats but even if theyre not Brady had 2 and Manning had 3 leaving TB still +1.

2) SOW for the Broncos was embarrassingly low because they lost to the Pats, Texans and Falcons. Yes, you beat the Ravens with multiple starters on D missing just 2 weeks after they lost to the Charlie Batch led Steelers. Thats got to tell you something.

3) We're just pissed Brady barely gets recognition in comparison to Manning. I honestly dont give a **** about the MVP.

4) Yes the snowbowl is a great example where the 1-2 play excuse doesnt work. But Vinateri hitting a 40 yarder is not in the same realm as the Tyree helmet catch or, to a lesser extent, WW, one of the best receivers in the game, dropping a ball he gets both mits on. Plus, if AV misses the FG against the Rams or the Panthers the game isnt over.. its going to OT. Different situation.

images

I think that last uppercut ended this fight...

images

I think that last uppercut ended this fight...

I wouldn't call it uppercut, or a fight...but I don't see why you couldn't have posted like this guy all along. Just a post with facts and opinion, no hostility...whatever works for you though.

Going in order of bolds:

It isn't taking this week's into account, but yes, Brady wins 38-37, you're correct.

I've commented in the other thread how I feel about our schedule but yeah, I agree.

Fair, fair and fair.

After last night's win against the Packers, I think that a lot of votes will swing AP's way and he'll win it despite the bed-wetting going on for Manning.

I won't discount the great season Manning has had, but has he played better and been more valuable to his team than Brady or Rodgers?

After last night's win against the Packers, I think that a lot of votes will swing AP's way and he'll win it despite the bed-wetting going on for Manning.

I won't discount the great season Manning has had, but has he played better and been more valuable to his team than Brady or Rodgers?

you can argue he's been more necessary for the Broncos success than Brady or Rodgers, but, in a vacuum, how anyone can say AP is not the MVP is ludicrous.

If Poutin' Peytie needs a pat on the back bolts so bad, give him Comeback Player of the Year.

In recent weeks, both Brady's "old" QB rating and completion % have fallen off. He trails Manning in QB ratings by 7 points and completion % by 5.5 % points. Rodgers has come on strong especially when you see the bang for the buck the guy gets throwing "only" 4200 yds....39 TDs...QB rating of 108
Brady was a 63% passer this year.....nothing special about that though I'd say he was more conscious than ever not to force throws...in other words he "managed" the position effectively.
My vote....give it to AP, especially considering the best QBs weren't extraordinary this year compared to past exploits.

May not be relevant to this thread but I have to give props to Andrew Luck with all Colts had to deal with their HC illness, 2 wins last season and life without Peyton and a rookie QB "ONLY" having to replace one of'da All-Time Greats and oneheckava win home against Texans.

Adrian Peterson should win MVP. He has literally carried his team to the playoffs. His performance yesterday was unbelievable and the season he's had as a running back coming off major knee surgery has been beyond awesome.
AP deserves the MVP because he is the MVP in the NFL this year.

Manning MVP! Manning MVP!

Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos among playoffs' best defensive teams - NFL.com

"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games."

"I think the top four defensive teams are very good, but after that, there's a pretty significant drop to the next four."

Yet this is the same ****tard that had Manning MVP because he is the sentimental pick and he "shockingly" won the ultra tough AFC West with what he ranks as one of the best Ds in the NFL. Just pisses me off

Thank god for APs monster year.

Manning MVP! Manning MVP!

The irony is that when trying to come up with weaknesses on this Denver Broncos team, the most susceptible area is Peyton Manning. Lombardi talked about it on EEI last week. When forced to throw the ball long and into tight windows, he's thrown some picks. That's where teams will attack them.

That's your MVP.

How annoying must it be to be a defender on that team? In 2011, you go 7-4 with Tebow, win a playoff game and its all Tebow. In 2012, while Tebow is busy not being able to beat out Greg McElroy as Mark Sanchez' backup, Peyton Manning gets credit for your 13-3 record.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back