PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Duper Official NE/DAL Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you X and O guys, what was the halftime adjustment that prevented any 2nd half sacks after giving up five in the first half?

You know.. I would really need to watch the game again to know tbh.

I know in the first half in the middle of the 2nd they went to a really quick short passing game (even faster then they usually do). I think after doing that for a bit the DEs slowed down just a tick and then they found the right mix of run to pass play calling. Also to be 100% honest most of it in the 2nd half was just better execution.

You know.. I would really need to watch the game again to know tbh.

I know in the first half in the middle of the 2nd they went to a really quick short passing game (even faster then they usually do). I think after doing that for a bit the DEs slowed down just a tick and then they found the right mix of run to pass play calling. Also to be 100% honest most of it in the 2nd half was just better execution.
I know correlation is not causality, but that's also when Solder went out with his elbow injury.

Imagine if it were both Butler and Revis...ahh well.

Yeah, but how many other places do you take a step backward at to keep Revis?

I know correlation is not causality, but that's also when Solder went out with his elbow injury.

Solder had a bad game no question. Maybe Cannon being in there this game helped. But Cannon was in their in the 1st Q at one point and got his lunch eaten as well IIRC.

Again I would need to watch the game again to know for sure but I would welcome other thoughts. Overall I would agree it is very possibly something that helped.

Need to credit the Dallas defense for opening in a 3-2 heavy dime with McClain being more of a hybrid safety than a LB (hence the "heavy" dime), which, as far as I know, wasn't something they'd done in a long time, and when you factor in lack of recent tape on Hardy and McClain, I don't think it was too surprising that we had a bit of difficulty at first. But what separates us from the rest of the league is our ability to continually adjust until we hit on something they couldn't defend.

We really need to put away that "halftime adjustment" myth; we always start adjusting right away- never at halftime. Going off memory here and no DVR so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think on our first three drive, we went with three different personnel and alignments. Balanced, then heavy with Blount, then stacking and shifting our smaller WR's inside and started running crossers with them, heavy on the picks and I think that's what broke the game open- alternating smashmouth football with pick plays which is why you saw OPI on Edelman, Martin, etc. My favorite part of the Edelman TD was that it was off a pick play (Amendola) right after Edelman was caught "running into" a DB. Who else but the Patriots would do something so ballsy as calling another pick play right after being busted? That just made me laugh. I think that had to be intentional, sticking it to Jerry Jones in his own house.

Now the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result, and that's pretty much how you could describe the Dallas offense with Weeden in there. For me there was never any doubt of the outcome.

Solder had a bad game no question. Maybe Cannon being in there this game helped. But Cannon was in their in the 1st Q at one point and got his lunch eaten as well IIRC.

Again I would need to watch the game again to know for sure but I would welcome other thoughts. Overall I would agree it is very possibly something that helped.

I don't know if they did it all the second half but they certainly started the half by cut-blocking Hardy.

We really need to put away that "halftime adjustment" myth; we always start adjusting right away- never at halftime.

I see you caught Bill's press conference, as this is his response to a reporter.

Need to credit the Dallas defense for opening in a 3-2 heavy dime with McClain being more of a hybrid safety than a LB (hence the "heavy" dime), which, as far as I know, wasn't something they'd done in a long time, and when you factor in lack of recent tape on Hardy and McClain, I don't think it was too surprising that we had a bit of difficulty at first. But what separates us from the rest of the league is our ability to continually adjust until we hit on something they couldn't defend.

We really need to put away that "halftime adjustment" myth; we always start adjusting right away- never at halftime. Going off memory here and no DVR so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think on our first three drive, we went with three different personnel and alignments. Balanced, then heavy with Blount, then stacking and shifting our smaller WR's inside and started running crossers with them, heavy on the picks and I think that's what broke the game open- alternating smashmouth football with pick plays which is why you saw OPI on Edelman, Martin, etc. My favorite part of the Edelman TD was that it was off a pick play (Amendola) right after Edelman was caught "running into" a DB. Who else but the Patriots would do something so ballsy as calling another pick play right after being busted? That just made me laugh. I think that had to be intentional, sticking it to Jerry Jones in his own house.

Now the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result, and that's pretty much how you could describe the Dallas offense with Weeden in there. For me there was never any doubt of the outcome.
i guess thats why there was no filming allowed at dallas practices, it worked for awhile.

Yeah, but how many other places do you take a step backward at to keep Revis?

A fair amount. The 2 that stick out are no Mayo and no Sheard (ot you sign Sheard and cut Nink... can't have both though). Even those 2 moves would not have freed up enough.

I
That TD of his reminded me of Catherine Zeta-Jones in the scene with the lasers in Entrapment.

Personally, I have no idea what you are talking about. It looked like Barry Sanders to me.

I wanted Abdullah in the draft - who'd have thunk we already had him. That TD of his reminded me of Catherine Zeta-Jones in the scene with the lasers in Entrapment.

You know... you might be on to something there. Let me re-watch that entrapment scene 10 or 20 times and tell you what i think....

I don't know if they did it all the second half but they certainly started the half by cut-blocking Hardy.

That started late in the 2nd Q I believe.

I see you caught Bill's press conference, as this is his response to a reporter.

Did he said something about that? What I said was actually in response to some of the posts in this thread about "halftime adjustments."

That McDonalds twitter advert. Man, society is screwed.

Hashtag Old person tweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore