PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Duper Official NE/DAL Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly game? No way. The outcome was never in doubt. Was it a ugly first half? I would say it was an ugly first half.
It was really hard to watch that first half with brady the o-line not playing well and brady getting pounded.

So fired up are we as the Autumn of Vengeance rolls on, so thirsty for blood, that the Patriots can go on the road for the first time to Wretched Excess Stadium, play a game most of us were chalking up as a potential loss a few months ago, watch them win by 24 points without surrendering a touchdown, and we can come away feeling like they have a bunch of stuff they need to clean up. The standard is so high now that nothing less than total victory marked by a pyramid of human skulls will satisfy us. That’s what you’ve done, Roger Goodell.
http://thornography.weei.com/sports...ee-jerk-reactions-week-5-patriots-vs-cowboys/

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
While not TB, Romo is a darn good QB. Since 1997-8, Cowboy QBs have been OK bus drivers to flops. Except Romo.

Anyone that forgot how Clevelandlike the Cowboys were before Romo just got reminded the last three games.

First off, I don't usually say much about the refs. That being said off the top of my head i would say there were four or five penalties for holding, PI, illegal picks that were phantom calls that came a key points that either stalled a pats drive or sustained a patriot one. On top of that the amount of flags thrown became absurd, it seemed like every other play a flag was thrown. But going back to the ones that mattered, i can think of a couple.EX. on a third down play brady passed to edelman for probably twenty yards, it was called back for holding, but in the replay while a patriot put their hand on a dallas defender he never impeded his progress in the slightest. A dallas receiver slips and falls in the end zone, patriots db flagged for holding. I could have given more examples after the game, and i know there were a lot more than those two.Several times Sims while while watching the replay of the foul said "i don't know, i don't see holding, or interference. Go back and read the game day thread, its ok, theres not a lot of the sky is falling, or this is the end of the dynasty posts. from what i remember the flag throwing starts in the second quarter.

Umm.. No there weren't four or five penalties for holding, PI, Illegal picks that were phantom calls. If you watch the replays, they were all legit except for the Illegal Contact penalty on McCourty..

There were not that many flags thrown this game. Particularly when compared to the Buffalo game.

Umm.. No there weren't four or five penalties for holding, PI, Illegal picks that were phantom calls. If you watch the replays, they were all legit except for the Illegal Contact penalty on McCourty..

There were not that many flags thrown this game. Particularly when compared to the Buffalo game.
What are you looking for a fight is that it? you board? lose money on the game? constipated? what ever, go play your little game with someone else. i'm not wasting my time going back and forth with a nit wit whose only goal is to get into it with other members here.

Some gold in that column:
— And there were obviously lots of issues with the protection schemes. Pass blocking is very much a game of matchups, and no tackle on the Patriots is equipped to handle that acid-blooded xenomorph Greg Hardy. Nate Solder‘s game is power and leverage, and Hardy repeatedly got the better of him outside with a quick twitch burst off the line to get around him. And when Marcus Cannon came in, he played like a Nate Solder tribute band. Hardy forced that 49-yard long field goal with a sack off a rip move to get enough separation that Solder couldn’t recover. Then while the Cowboys offense was on the field, Hardy stayed loose by going into the ladies room and beating defenseless women with toilet seats. He really does it all.

And the winner:
The entire New England region has never, ever been on to anything like we’re on to Indianapolis.

We ALL need to be thankful that Hardy is not in this division . . . and conference too! Suh has me worried enough. Those guys need to be evaluated for their mental stability, respectively.

What are you looking for a fight is that it? you board? lose money on the game? constipated? what ever, go play your little game with someone else. i'm not wasting my time going back and forth with a nit wit whose only goal is to get into it with other members here.

Not looking for a fight. Looking for someone to back up what they are saying. Clearly, you can't be bothered to cite actual plays and facts and you'd rather waste people's time .

I don't want to crap on the D. Lewis parade at all, but I think it should be noted that, in what was probably the key drive of the game, the first drive of the 3rd quarter, it was Blount running the ball.

I think he deserves a bit of recognition for that.

An amateur scout, Brandon Thorn has been watching the Cowboys game. Some tweets:

While not TB, Romo is a darn good QB. Since 1997-8, Cowboy QBs have been OK bus drivers to flops. Except Romo.

Anyone that forgot how Clevelandlike the Cowboys were before Romo just got reminded the last three games.

Tony Romo makes plays no other QB can make.

It was really hard to watch that first half with brady the o-line not playing well and brady getting pounded.

I disagree.

I thought it was good to see an oline we have all been praising lately finally meet up with some formations and players they had trouble with.

while watching with friends we were all in agreement that the team needed to adjust, and start running more, and then the patriots started doing that, and it allowed them to open it up a little.

It was good to see the team adapt in the middle of the half, and take those adjustments into halftime, which allowed them to focus on what worked and build, instead of hoping for a fresh 2nd half.

We saw brady not quit at all after getting hit more then he's ever really been hit before, which helps the team know that if things start getting rough, 12 isn't going to crumble like other qbs might.

Definitely a milemarker for a team that hasn't faced any adversity prior to the first half of that game. Tons to love, Tons to use as training prep talk material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back