PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Duper Official NE/DAL Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) O-Line can't turn in too many more performances like that, and I don't anticipate they will.

2) Jamie Collins is unreal, unfair, "un-human"

3) Sheard is our Von Miller, but better against the run

4) Anyone who doesn't think McCourty is worth the contract needs to watch again

5) Dion Lewis probably deserved a four-year deal LOL

6) Edelman needs to be talked about among the best receivers in the whole league

7) Malcolm is still progressing nicely

8) Anyone who says Brady is soft needs to watch again

I didn't post during the game I'll take the win even though it was an ugly game.

On to the Colts.

The NFL record is 102 by Matt Forte.

Whenever I see that name I think back to long ago Pats RB, Ike Forte.
I called him "The Crab" because all he would do is scuttle sideways to the sideline and go out of bounds rather than running forward and getting hit.

Whenever I see that name I think back to long ago Pats RB, Ike Forte.
I called him "The Crab" because all he would do is scuttle sideways to the sideline and go out of bounds rather than running forward and getting hit.
Some of lewis's moves remind me barry sanders.

My favorite from the comment section...

So the shooter was egged on, fell from a wall, and was injured in the fall. I think we’re looking for Humpty Dumpty.

Please. Have some respect for the victim.

This just in: Police identify a shell as belonging to the shooter.

I've been watching replays, listening to NFL.com guys, etc.

1. That Edelman TD was hilarious. He juked so many guys that Martin was left looking bewildered with no idea of how to block. (That said, the fact that Martin was in the frame ready to block probably helped spring Edelman, similar to how Shaq Mason didn't actually do a lot of hitting on that Blount run.)

2. I heard multiple acknowledgements of Brady's greatness on QB sneaks. What I don't ever hear is the obvious-to-me connection between Brady's prowess on sneaks and his toughness.

3. Brady flipping the ball on the run looks a lot like Montana. I suspect that's not entirely coincidental; he probably studied some Montana tape (among others) once he decided to get better at moving in the pocket. It's not the same as his traditional style of moving in the pocket, where he pretty much resets into perfect form after ducking away from the rush; this was a bit different.

Today’s Dallas Morning News: “Steamrolled”

This team is scary. I did not think they had a particularly good game, but they took care of business and still won by 24!

I didn't post during the game I'll take the win even though it was an ugly game.

On to the Colts.

30-6 where the Pats never trailed is an ugly game? Ooookay. Give the Cowboys a little credit, they have a ton of talent on both O and D lines. That shellacking we laid on them was not walk in the park, but it was really never close.

1) Where have you been? Dallas has been mediocre for 5 years WITH Romo and Bryant. (42-38 with ONE playoff victory)

Dallas = Talented Individuals, No Chemistry Team.

2) Regarding your Pats question: 3-1. Don't think they get past Buffalo in Buffalo.

Our second string QB is far better than their second stringer.
Dallas never had the ability to control the LOS until last year. They have that now on both sides of the ball, as Tom Brady is well aware.

I enjoyed this win but the next one would
be even sweeter. I expect the o line to be much better against the dolts. Wanna see that running game

I really liked the tackling yesterday.

That refereeing was the worst ive seen since the replacement reffs a few years ago. And i think even they were bettter that clete.
I don't think BB thought hardy would be as good as he was do to not playing in over a year.

Could you expand on this?? I thought they did a decent job, overall.. Keep in mind, I am acknowledging that there are missed holding calls on the O-lines every week.

Could you expand on this?? I thought they did a decent job, overall.. Keep in mind, I am acknowledging that there are missed holding calls on the O-lines every week.
First off, I don't usually say much about the refs. That being said off the top of my head i would say there were four or five penalties for holding, PI, illegal picks that were phantom calls that came a key points that either stalled a pats drive or sustained a patriot one. On top of that the amount of flags thrown became absurd, it seemed like every other play a flag was thrown. But going back to the ones that mattered, i can think of a couple.EX. on a third down play brady passed to edelman for probably twenty yards, it was called back for holding, but in the replay while a patriot put their hand on a dallas defender he never impeded his progress in the slightest. A dallas receiver slips and falls in the end zone, patriots db flagged for holding. I could have given more examples after the game, and i know there were a lot more than those two.Several times Sims while while watching the replay of the foul said "i don't know, i don't see holding, or interference. Go back and read the game day thread, its ok, theres not a lot of the sky is falling, or this is the end of the dynasty posts. from what i remember the flag throwing starts in the second quarter.

First off, I don't usually say much about the refs. That being said off the top of my head i would say there were four or five penalties for holding, PI, illegal picks that were phantom calls that came a key points that either stalled a pats drive or sustained a patriot one. On top of that the amount of flags thrown became absurd, it seemed like every other play a flag was thrown. But going back to the ones that mattered, i can think of a couple.EX. on a third down play brady passed to edelman for probably twenty yards, it was called back for holding, but in the replay while a patriot put their hand on a dallas defender he never impeded his progress in the slightest. A dallas receiver slips and falls in the end zone, patriots db flagged for holding. I could have given more examples after the game, and i know there were a lot more than those two.Several times Sims while while watching the replay of the foul said "i don't know, i don't see holding, or interference. Go back and read the game day thread, its ok, theres not a lot of the sky is falling, or this is the end of the dynasty posts. from what i remember the flag throwing starts in the second quarter.

The defensive holding on Sheard was ridiculous. The lineman was not eligible.

Ugly game? No way. The outcome was never in doubt. Was it a ugly first half? I would say it was an ugly first half.

Any updates on Nate, and the O-Line cannot repeat "CANNOT" let Brady get sacked over and over like that again i'm pretty sure BB and the coaching staff will be having a talk with the O-Line players about that.

Solder is the one who got beat more than Cannon did..

The defensive holding on Sheard was ridiculous. The lineman was not eligible.
I spend way to much time watching the game and posting on the game day thread, i miss a lot of whats going on. Since i was posting at the time that happened i never got who the penalty was on for example. I also missed kraft going down to the sidelines when the game was just about over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots