PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LII could be final game for Danny Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't watch the video at work. What are the general speculations for him leaving? Age? Patriots desire to keep him? McDaniels poaching him?

I can't watch the video at work. What are the general speculations for him leaving? Age? Patriots desire to keep him? McDaniels poaching him?

Combination of both really. Him not getting paid enough for his services and leaving with McDaniels since he is the reason Amendola was there in the first place.

Combination of both really. Him not getting paid enough for his services and leaving with McDaniels since he is the reason Amendola was there in the first place.

Thank you. It's a fair point, considering that Luck (assuming he returns to form after the injury) has never had a problem with regular season success, but his teams have lacked that edge in playoff games. Danny would bring a clutchness to that team that they've lacked for many years. I would hate to see it, but it makes a lot of sense for McDaniels, and possibly for Danny if he wants to get one last payday while still competing for something.

nothing really. just spculation that he’ll follow McD to Indianapolis because he keeps taking pay cuts here.

I don’t think Big **** Danny is going anywhere. Especially if he has another big game in the Super Bowl.

He is going nowhere. We would not be in superbowls without him. I see them letting go of Britt and Dorset before dola. Our offense involves too much timing to let him go unless someone else surprisingly learns it.

Lots of good reasons listed here as to why he won't leave, but in the end, the money talks. Add another $2M to your retirement savings as a player like him and it means A LOT, to you and your immediate and extended family. It will be hard to walk away from if McDaniels offers him a contract that's significantly different than the Pats. He'll tell his GF it is only for a couple of years, and its worth it. Buy a Florida condo with some of that money and let her parents stay there. There are many ways to make that work.

I think with the uncertainty of how close JE11 will be to his badmofo old self, combined with DA's incredible playoff clutchness, which he has taken to even higher heights this year, the Patriots will be willing to shell out a little more $.
We're not in the SB w/o him. Period.

Lots of good reasons listed here as to why he won't leave, but in the end, the money talks. Add another $2M to your retirement savings as a player like him and it means A LOT, to you and your immediate and extended family. It will be hard to walk away from if McDaniels offers him a contract that's significantly different than the Pats. He'll tell his GF it is only for a couple of years, and its worth it. Buy a Florida condo with some of that money and let her parents stay there. There are many ways to make that work.
DA has career earnings of almost $21m. Figure after taxes, etc that is $12m.

We don't know if he intends on starting a family. If he does that drastically changes any/all short/long term financial plans.

It is possible he might need a cash infusion.

However he is on record saying money is not the most important thing to him and playing meaningful football games is.

Just gotta see if he holding to that virtue.

I think with the uncertainty of how close JE11 will be to his badmofo old self, combined with DA's incredible playoff clutchness, which he has taken to even higher heights this year, the Patriots will be willing to shell out a little more $.
We're not in the SB w/o him. Period.

Totally agreed but this is Bill Belichick. I mean, the year after Butler made the Superbowl saving interception, he was almost out the door. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone though.

DA has career earnings of almost $21m. Figure after taxes, etc that is $12m.

We don't know if he intends on starting a family. If he does that drastically changes any/all short/long term financial plans.

It is possible he might need a cash infusion.

However he is on record saying money is not the most important thing to him and playing meaningful football games is.

Just gotta see if he holding to that virtue.

That's useful. I'd suggest that "playing meaningful football games" or any other self-serving reason for staying with the Pats, rather than, say, donating $2M to an important nonprofit, or something similar, is not a virtue, its just a value decision. There's no way for us to read into any of this with any accuracy from a distance.

Danny will have a choice between the colts and the patriots. Bonus money will likely be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes