PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LII could be final game for Danny Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the question is, if winning the Super Bowl means losing Dola, is it worth it? Tune in to the Sports Hub to find out!

That's useful. I'd suggest that "playing meaningful football games" or any other self-serving reason for staying with the Pats, rather than, say, donating $2M to an important nonprofit, or something similar, is not a virtue, its just a value decision. There's no way for us to read into any of this with any accuracy from a distance.
Football virtue. I don't mean life virtue.

Combination of both really. Him not getting paid enough for his services and leaving with McDaniels since he is the reason Amendola was there in the first place.
I would suspect NE would offer him an incentive-based 2 year deal with a reasonable guaranteed sum. He'll be 33 next Nov and is still a key player in the offense and STs

wonder how many more years we could squeeze out of him if he didn’t play until the playoffs

Could be, but I bet he wants to play 1 more year with Edelman.

Danny will have a choice between the colts and the patriots. Bonus money will likely be a factor.

There is no way on earth he goes to the Colts. Why would he want to torture himself at the end of his career and completely destroy what he made here?

McDaniels can sell out for money, but I can't see Amendola doing it for 1 year at the end of his career with no chance at a SB appearance in Indy.

He would be stupid to leave for that horse5hit of an organization. Plus, is smokeshow GF is local. I don't see him going there. I think he knows what he's got, even it means getting paid a little less than what he would get elsewhere. You get to a point in your career, where money is not the most important thing anymore - Winning is.

I hope not. Still uncertainty with these wideouts. Edelman turning 32 coming off acl.

I don't think Danny Playoff Amendola will leave to Indy with Josh. He may not be making enough money and may get a new contract here with the Pats. He is too valuable to let go. Also, someone here mentioned that he does modelling in the off season. Boston is a better place to stay if you plan on continuing that.

Pats aren't going to overpay for a good, but admittedly, part timer player. Josh will likely do so to get some of his guys into Indy so he can begin to mould his program. Same reason I could see Dion going to Indy/Detroit too.

He'll just get another one, he changes GFs more than I change my underwear.
haha, sure but his GF is smoking and im not usually one to admire. miss universe...

v9uY49AS_400x400.jpg

I can't watch the video at work. What are the general speculations for him leaving? Age? Patriots desire to keep him? McDaniels poaching him?
Need for clickbait headline by some hack.

He realistically has one more shot at making good money, so I don't begrudge him one little bit if he goes to the higher bidder this time around.

It's not what I want to happen, for sure, but I can't put myself in his shoes and call it the wrong thing to do. It is a cold-blooded business and players need to make what they can for the short time that they have any leverage.

With JE11 likely being back, Cook established, Hogan being younger and a hard worker, and the layers of depth in Britt and Dorsett, DA may not have much leverage with Bill, even with postseason heroics. Again, I hope not, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. In the real world we all sometimes face a choice between maximizing professional satisfaction or taking a less certain path that would nevertheless set up your family as well as possible.

Money is a big factor but Danny has to consider that if he goes to the Colts, he might be overplayed and it's gonna be a risk to his health. No one else leads a receiver to safety like Brady.

can he sign just a 1 year deal wherever he goes? and then after the colts final reg season game just sign w/ us for the playoffs? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back