PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl LII could be final game for Danny Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA has Brady's trust which is the most important thing for a Patriots WR. I think it's important that we re-sign him. I'm excited for next year with JE11 back another year with Cooks, a healthy Hogan, Gronk and DA in the fold.

DA has Brady's trust which is the most important thing for a Patriots WR. I think it's important that we re-sign him. I'm excited for next year with JE11 back another year with Cooks, a healthy Hogan, Gronk and DA in the fold.

Don't forget Mitchell. I wonder if they would keep one of either Dorsett or Britt.

Don't forget Mitchell. I wonder if they would keep one of either Dorsett or Britt.

Dorsett is dirt cheap and Britt is signed beyond this year, so I see them at the very least as camp invites and under contract.

I am sure they're as surprised as anyone who uptight Brady really is, when it comes to targeting other WRs in this offense. Apparently, the Circle of Trust takes a long, long time to break into. lmao

If they ask him to take another paycut he's probably gone

I stopped thinking any player should be loyal to a team a long time ago - they all deserve to get paid market value.

I also stopped thinking a long time ago that players are irreplaceable ... to a point anyways.

You can lose a great player and still firm up other areas with the money and by player development.

Danny has one more payday left - that is his reality and his value might never be higher.

Here's a thing I don't think has been mentioned here. Throughout his career Danny has been hindered by injuries. He is a TOUGH guy. He is a fearless guy, but relative to his profession, a fragile guy.

So here's what I'm thinking. If he goes to Indy and becomes Luck's Edelman/Welker clone , I have no doubt he'll be very successful. The question is, for how long. The past 2 years the Pats have done a great job of managing Danny's snap so that he is AVAILABLE to be Playoff Danny.

So given the strong roots, Danny has put down in the area, the potential marketing opportunities, and the continuing opportunity to have his career extended by being healthy, I think a modest raise from the Pats will likely keep him around. Of course, that assumes the Colts don't make a massive overspend offer for him.

BTW- anyone in America who made 21MM in earnings and paid $9MM in taxes probably used the short form to do his taxes. Any competent CPA can use several of the convenient tax loopholes available for the rich and cut it down by half.

BTW- anyone in America who made 21MM in earnings and paid $9MM in taxes probably used the short form to do his taxes. Any competent CPA can use several of the convenient tax loopholes available for the rich and cut it down by half.

Does TurboTax Free Edition let you declare $21m in income? Asking for a friend.

It's a lot tougher to use those loopholes when most of your income is W-2 wages, though. Plenty of available shenanigans to shield business income, real estate income, investment income, etc. But W-2 wages are very hard to offset.

Speaking of taxes, do the players have to pay income tax to the state where they play road games? That would make tax time a real bear. If they do, they must hate being forced to play 2 games every year in New York/New Jersey. :)

Speaking of taxes, do the players have to pay income tax to the state where they play road games? That would make tax time a real bear. If they do, they must hate being forced to play 2 games every year in New York/New Jersey. :)
Yes, they do. And yes, they have to file a zillion state returns. #FirstWorldProblems

Here's a question -- how many of us will consider Dola a "traitor" if he leaves us and signs with Indianapolis? I'm under the impression that other than some lingering animosity for Deflategate related shenanigans, the rivalry with the Colts was more or less dead.

Here's a question -- how many of us will consider Dola a "traitor" if he leaves us and signs with Indianapolis? I'm under the impression that other than some lingering animosity for Deflategate related shenanigans, the rivalry with the Colts was more or less dead.

About the same number of people that considered AV a traitor back in the day.

Eh...too
haha, sure but his GF is smoking and im not usually one to admire. miss universe...

v9uY49AS_400x400.jpg

Eh...too thin

So, basically, someone took what we've been saying here on Patsfans.com and made a report out of it.

Edit: I originally mistakenly called it an article, and Icy quoted it before I could fix the error. It's since been changed to report.

Last edited:
Amendola probably won’t go anywhere. If he does though, I’d have a hard time viewing him as a traitor. Gave his best years already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back