Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the Patriots be favorites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this year, but I'm putting my money on the Giants versus the Jets in 2014.

Goodell will make this happen ;)

Patriots will beat the Eagles by 10 to go 19-0* :)

*note this is if there are no major injuries.

chargers vs lions :cool:

Get another piece on the DL to rush the passer and the pats are in the superbowl."cough cough"Osi

Its a little early for this imo, we haven't even seen anyone play a PS game. So i'm going with the Bruins against the Lakers.

The Lions bandwagon reminds me of the San Francisco bandwagon last year.

Suh and Fairley?Thats unfair.If the lions dont win at least 10 games then its a big dissapointment.

Suh and Fairley?Thats unfair.If the lions dont win at least 10 games then its a big dissapointment.

Fairley just got injured again in training camp, and has yet to play a NFL down. Defensive Lineman bust just as often as any other position. And really, no one even knew who Fairley was until the end of this college football season. He was basically made into a #1 pick because of Lee Corso ballwashing. Detroit has a great defensive line without Fairley, but their secondary and linebacking core is putrid. Not to mention Stafford can't even make it through half a season.

Mines the Patriots vs. Packers/Eagles.

What two teams do you think could make the big game in Indianapolis?

You start a SB prediction thread and you can't even pick two teams yourself? Weak. :rolleyes:

Patriots vs. Falcons.

AFC CG - Bal vs NE - Bal wins 21-17
NFC CG - ATL vs PHI - ATL wins 42-20

SB - ATL wins 34 - 27

Saints vs Patriots

Both offenses considered to the the best in the NFL for the last 5 years. Veteran QB's that win games and don't panic. OL's that can be consistently the top #5. Both offenses have remained intact or become better. Sproles is better than bush, by the #'s and durability. Chad is a perfect fit, and will become a favorite with NE fans I think.

Both defenses have struggled with an identity, but now have had monster signings. Though NE has been noticed, Saints have been largely under the radar with signing of defensive line Turk McBride , Cam Jordon, aubrayo franklin, shawn Rogers, and including sedrock ellis, makes for a monster defensive front line, plus greg williams to get them up to speed. The saints secondary was always solid, and our LB might actually play the whole season. NE has maintained a very above average secondary even with injuries in 2009.

Saint got the injury bug last year but still managed to make the playoffs. But the offense still did well with no RB's or TE's. you should win with 38 pts, and that was a fluke game, we beat them 34-19 earlier in the season. greer having a dislocated shoulder for 11 games and losing our LB's, finally took its tole.
Doesn't matter we knew we were to beat up, and couldn't compete at that point.

Im not worried about the eagles they remind me of the redskins of the last few years, OFF season champions, sign big names and don't fix the problem, there OL is not good, run game is not good, and they don't have as many weapons as NE or NO. Eagles are trying to buy a championship, won't happen. We know vick, he gets worse when the games are big. Not that he ever survives a season.
f-da-eagles-heather-gm_l7.jpg

no, my bet is on Patriots vs Saints, may the best team win, but because we respect your fans so much for their conduct and good sportsmanship , the Super Bowl will be a blast, good food, and good family fun so I can bring my son to the game and finally meet some friends here. Win or lose it will be what football is all about, love of the game, friendship, fun jeering , and sportsmanship when it comes time to lose gracefully. All theses things I see in NE fans.

If this happens, I want to start a list of people willing to buy saints jerseys with patriot players names, and we will wear patriots jerseys with saints player names, think that would be a kick, and shock the media, to know we respect each other. I would wear patriots jersey #22 porter. think it would make history, and show everyone that this is a game we love, and maybe change the hate and bad sportsmanship we have both experienced.

watch the 1st game of our season, we will beat GB, we scored 54 pts on the exact defense in 2008. Granted they were young, but then we are not a single pony offense like Atlanta. Like i said when i 1st came here Payton offense is a you can't cover everyone offense. That hasn't changed. try covering thomas, sproles, colson, moore, meachum on a snap , someones going to mess up, and breed will see it.

Last edited:
If the Patriots get Osi . . .

Packers over Chargers

Whenever the Pats won an SB last decade, I always felt they had the right to be the "favorite" at the beginning of the next season, until they demonstrated otherwise on the field. So, for now, the Pack is the favorite from the NFC.

As for the AFC, despite a 14--2 record, I'm not going to try to make the claim that a team that performed as the Pats have in the last two post-seasons have any right to say they're the "favorite" to win their Conference. We can claim to be a major factor going into the season but we're going to have to prove we're "favorites" the old fashioned way: on the field every Sunday (or Thursday or Monday).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back