PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevie Johnson likely to sign with Pats [3/17 update: signs w/ San Diego]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have no issue with the Pats bringing Johnson into the fold....though I'd prefer Shorts or Crabtree

Regardless we need the depth because between inconsistencies and injuries that seem certain we are not very deep at the position just somewhat...wouldn't surprise me if they got a Day 1 or Day 2 wideout from this years class as someone to give Garoppolo to grow with in the offense

Shorts is signed. He'll be in Houston, with Big Vince.

A very promising day has turned to ****.

View attachment 8930DougKyedNESN
RT @NBCdianna: Per sources Stevie Johnson has left New England WITHOUT signing. #Patriots
2015-03-16, 3:32 PM

F*ck

Not really sure why everyone is going crazy about this guy. He would be nice depth but I'd rather either Tyms or Dobson, who both have something we are lacking in height and deep threat ability, have more reps in practice.

this Free agency has been a disaster so far. imagine if we let McCourty go to the eagles. Apparently we are going to keep the 12+million in cap space and not spend any of it...

but, just because he hasn't signed there doesn't mean he wont

Not really sure why everyone is going crazy about this guy. He would be nice depth but I'd rather either Tyms or Dobson, who both have something we are lacking in height and deep threat ability, have more reps in practice.
lol, good thing you dont run the Pats. Are you happy with Butler over Revis too?

Krafty probably offered to pay him minimum wage hourly....

post-29824-R-Kelly-WTF-WHAT-gif-DAFUQ-Tra-WRJC.gif

this Free agency has been a disaster so far. imagine if we let McCourty go to the eagles. Apparently we are going to keep the 12+million in cap space and not spend any of it...

but, just because he hasn't signed there doesn't mean he wont
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:confused:

this Free agency has been a disaster so far. imagine if we let McCourty go to the eagles.

well, i wont go that far.

if he signed with Eagles...maybe we would have resigned revis...maybe we wouldnt have resigned revis but spend more money elsewhere.

my only concern, albeit huge, is who the heck is playing cornerback for us next year. rookies dont come in to the NFL at corner and dominate.

They hell happened to "very likely" to sign? :rolleyes:

@McClain_on_NFL: Cecil Shorts III two-year contract is worth $6 million.

Johnson will sign with the Jets tonight.

I feel like somewhere between these two reactions, the truth lies.

FFS. Do we want to sign anybody? ?? 14 million in cap room for nothing.

I hear still very likely but leaving without a contract does not make me feel good about it. For now I will put it as 25/75 till I get more news. Might still come back if other offers aren't much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back