PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what screws him Supa? He never played on a playoff/winning team.

If the Pats had drafted him in '04 he'd be a stone cold lock HoFer right now. He definitely had the elite talent level required.

If the Pats had drafted him in '04 he'd be a stone cold lock HoFer right now. He definitely had the elite talent level required.

While you can certainly use Dillon in 04 as your supporting point to say that if BB had a bellcow RB, he'd give him the 300 carries a year but with TB12 entering his prime I'm not sure SJax would have seen that kind of workload here.

he would have never gotten past his rookie contract here.....they would have never paid him

Has there been any official confirmation that the Pats have actually signed him?

What is the corresponding roster move?

If not, what is the holdup?

Last edited:
Has there been any official confirmation that the Pats have actually signed him.

No official announcement...yet.

Practice is at 1245 today. Should know then or by the end of the day today who got wacked.

No official announcement...yet.

Practice is at 1245 today. Should know then or by the end of the day today who got wacked.

I was just going to say I saw nothing official yet all this post padding:p on a guy who isn't yet officially on the team.:D

Guesses?
Assante Cleveland?
Someone to IR?
Siliga?
The Hawaian tank?
a offensive lineman?

What kind of expectations do you guys have for S Jax?

Cut Waddle.
Expect SJ to get ten or twelve touches per game, maybe sixty all purpose yards. That would be ok.

jackson can catch passes........when he is out there, he can keep the defense guessing.......play-action improves......but he will need to be somewhat effective running the ball and show it

with him and ball on the PS, we at least have some guys around that prevent brady from going 5 wide every down

he would have never gotten past his rookie contract here.....they would have never paid him

It was a hypothetical. I agree it's highly unlikely we would've paid him.

Has there been any official confirmation that the Pats have actually signed him?

Just Jackson saying he's a New England Patriot.

Cut Waddle.
Expect SJ to get ten or twelve touches per game, maybe sixty all purpose yards. That would be ok.

I have to disagree. I don't think Waddle was brought in for this year, except in an emergency, but given the way he started his career, and why it got sidetracked, there's great potential for a very good young tackle here.

I don't want him cut. I want to see him in preseason next summer.

Cut Cleveland and put him back ont he PS. He's not contributing this year, if ever. Good tackles are hard to find, adn Waddle looked like he was going to be good.

Didn't love the Merriman half of this commercial, but always a fan of the second half (especially the ending).

Here's hoping he has something left.

That commercial was the first thing I thought of when this game up. Epic song.

IMO both Bolden and Iosefa were getting yards that Blount wasn't getting. I have high hopes that somone who has elite RB intangibles like Jackson will make more than the guys we've been fielding, despite the fact that he's slowed considerably. I'd still bet on him to take out Iosefa by a good margin in a footrace. He did run a 4.45 when he was younger. I doubt he's fallen off *that* much. Maybe a 4.7 now? He had big time burst out of his cuts when he was younger.

Hes a beast physically we are the same age but as Coach Red would say hes a finely tuned athletic machine.

Disclaimer-Huge Steven Jackson fan here.

His 2014 stats don't shout out to me "washed up". 190 carries for 707 yards with 20 receptions for 148 yards. Even at 3.7 yards a carry, which he averaged in 2014, he would have been a 1,000 plus rusher last year if they kept feeding him the ball the average of his 10 year career. I don't think the Falcons used him enough.

His reception total in 2014 was less than half that he averaged throughout his career. Now he has the GOAT throwing to him and Brady needs a quick option. It's what the Pats have been missing without Lewis and Edelman. He's exactly what we need.

Just for fun I took Steven Jackson's 2014 stats and Devonta Freeman's stats this year. I then adjusted Jackson't stats to what he hypothetically would have gained if he had the same amount of opportunities as Freeman has had this year based on Jackson's 2014 average yards per carry/catch. This is the hypothetical outcome:

2015 Devonta Freeman
218 rushing attempts for 907 yards
68 receptions for 543 yards

2014 Steven Jackson (Adjusted)
218 attempts for 807 yards
68 receptions for 503 yards

I think Christmas came a little early for us guys. I can't wait to see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents