PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was awesome and classy when Steve found the cameras and whored it up in the closing minutes of SB XXIX after throwing his sixth TD pass. "SOMEONE TAKE THE MONKEY OFF MY BACK!" Your back Steve-O? I thought it was a team game?

That wasn't the first and won't be the last time that someone was on Steve Young's back.

I don't think Steve Young is too worried about people criticizing of his play. He's only the highest rated QB of all time, numerous pro bowls, SuperBowl rings and MVPs.

1. Steve Young is not the highest rated QB of all time. He may have the highest statistical QB rating of all time, but no one with any knowledge of football puts anything into that stat. It is absurdly out of date. Ask experienced coaches around the NFL and there are at least a dozen QB's in the modern era that they would take ahead of him.

2. He has demonstrated time and time again that he is more about STEVE YOUNG than he is about the team he is on. He has consistently responded to criticism from people who shouldn't even show up on his radar screen.

3. There are far more instances of him and his 49'ers "running up the score" than there are of the Patriots, and his little speeches on TV about the Patriots are an amazing demonstration of the human ability to deny and forget those things that we don't like.

This is the same man who threw his 6th TD pass in the Super Bowl to put his team up by 30 in the 4th quarter. Can you say hypocrite?
This is also the same man who excoriated the Patriots for "cheating" after the cameragate story broke, when he was the alleged beneficiary of salary cap cheating by the 49ers. (They settled the case with what was essentially a "nolo contendre" plea.)

Last edited:
Young is such an idiot. THey HAVE to talk about this instead of the great football the Patriots are playing? Um, why, Steve? Because someone has a gun to your head? And guess what, talking head ***holes like you NEVER were content with talking about the great football.....it's either Spygate, or body language, or meanie head coach who dresses bad, or they aren't dominant enough and don't win by enough. Now they win by too much, apparently. THEY CAN'T PLEASE YOU AND WHY THE **** SHOULD THEY?

Oh, thanks for the reminder of the 55-10 blowout that I guess concussion-head has forgotten about. I honestly think my own head is about to explode, I'm so pissed.
My guess is that on every one of these media-manufactured "contraversies" ESPN tries to get some of its "experts" to take each side. On this particular one Hoge, Parcells, Keyshawn and Ditka took the Pats side, Young and Schlereth took the other side. It's something to give them something to talk about, fill air time and sell commercials.

This is the same man who threw his 6th TD pass in the Super Bowl to put his team up by 30 in the 4th quarter. Can you say hypocrite?

And attempted to throw a bomb to DB Deion Sanders for his 7th TD pass as time was winding down in the 4th of that game.

You all forget how young took that Tampa Bay team and almost single handedly made them a contender........ wait, I must be thinking of something else.

Oh yeah, Young's the one that had a hall of fame QB hand him a hall of fame team.

never mind.

My guess is that on every one of these media-manufactured "contraversies" ESPN tries to get some of its "experts" to take each side. On this particular one Hoge, Parcells, Keyshawn and Ditka took the Pats side, Young and Schlereth took the other side. It's something to give them something to talk about, fill air time and sell commercials.

I totally agree. Wag the dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes