PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve DeOssie [8/24 Edit - FORMERLY of WBZ TV!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. It's one thing to root for your son and the team you played for, but DeOssie showed absolutely no class and proved what a Class A Douchebag he really is. I will never watch him or listen to him on the radio again.

Last edited:
Got no problem with DeOssie rooting for his son, praising the Giants, picking the Giants to win etc. but his whole demeanor of palpable distain for New England is rather surprising and quite distasteful. Used have a lot of respect for Steve but now I see him as a total fraud. People around here should take DeOssie's media gigs as pure two-faced schtick.

Last edited:
wow what a jerkoff, i hope this gets out, i dont ever want to hear him on the radio or see him on tv again.

He and Smerlas had some deal going where they'd acquired like 25-30 season tickets and had been selling them as individual game tickets at like a 1000% markup, they threw in like $10 worth of food and a ride or something as a way of legitimizing what they were doing. The team got wind and re-possessed the tickets. Neither's been the same since.

BTW all fans of the Patriots should be aware of this video. Once you see it make your own call as to whether you want to continue to support this guy's restaurant.

Maybe Smerlas is secretly Pro-Bills as well :)

De Assy should be fired today

there is one thing those in the boston area can do. turn the channel and tell the channel why you are not listening to them anymore.

The man's got a right to his feelings and opinions, but I don't imagine that's going to go over well with WEEI or Smerlas.

yeah, this is inexcusable after a brutal loss in the Superbowl, i hope he never finds work here again after this.

Wow he's exposed! He always came across as a good Pats analyst. Didn't suspect his level of contempt for our team. And silly me thinking he must be all conflicted inside on who to root for.

Last edited:
Is Fred Smerlas next?

Got no problem with DeOssie rooting for his son, praising the Giants, picking the Giants to win etc. but his whole demeanor of palpable distain for New England is rather surprising and quite distasteful. Used have a lot of respect for Steve but now I see him as a total fraud. People around here should take DeOssie's media gigs as pure two-faced schtick.

He sounded drunk to me. He may be regretting running his stupid mouth about the Patriots and the area today. I never had much use for him or Smerlas or Ordway--the ranting tubbies--so if he has gotten himself fired, so long Stevie-boy.

Wonder how much info he gave to giants

Wait til this gets out lol. I don't think we'll be seeing pink pig face hanging out at CBS scene on Patriots' Fifth Quarter anymore:p

I think everyone gets that his son plays for the Giants and so on, and when he's been asked about it on TV he handles it well, says something about how he loves Gints/Pats SB's because he wins either way, and how lucky he is etc.
I had NO idea he felt like this though what a major fraud he is, at least as a Patriots' commentator, which he totally sucked at anyway. He's nothing without Smerlas.

Their restaurant's at Twin Rivers isn't it? I've never been and I guess it's going to stay exactly that way :mad:

Newsflash, a large number of the mediots in this town especially former players are doing an act on TV and/or radio. I have said for years that Felger and Borges contrarian acts were just that, acts. People creamed them for that, but they are no different than the guys at WEEI and the Globe.

DeOssie was primarily a Giant and Cowboy. Of course his heart is going to be in one of those two places. I think a lot of crap he spewed at the rally is an act too. His feelings are probably somewhere between what he does on local TV and radio and what he was spewing at the Giants' rally.

Here are other news flashes for you:

Smerlas is a Bills fan
Felger is a Packers fan
DA is a Giants fan
Fred Toucher is a Jets fan
Mike Flynn is a Ravens fan
Andy Gresh is a Steelers fan

I never thought DeOssie was a true Pats' fan. He may have grown up here, but players usually become fans of the team they played for the longest and where they had the most success. He won a Super Bowl there.

I can see why people might feel blindsided by this, but he is a paid analyst and he is being paid to talk from the Patriots' point of view.

It's fine being a fan of another team but the pink pachyderm tried to act so conflicted. He's a fraud. Simply boycott any show he's on.

A long snapping LB who is still snapping it the d-bag that he is. Next to the Big O can't stand the moron. He claims to like Belichick but he was a Parcells minion.

He may be regretting running his stupid mouth about the Patriots and the area today.

What an idiot. I guess it never occurred to him that people take videos of stuff then share them on youtube. Sometimes it's with good intentions as this video seems to be, but other times it's not. Just ask Michael Phelps.

Thanks for posting this.
Hopefully we will see posts tomorrow about this overpaid fraud losing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News