PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve DeOssie [8/24 Edit - FORMERLY of WBZ TV!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad that DeOssie exposed himself as a hypocrite and fraud in his drunken rant. I have no doubt this represents his true feelings towards his hometown team and its fans. We will be doing him a favor by removing his economic reasons for staying in New England by letting the sponsors of his shows know our displeasure. Likewise I am sure there are other fine steakhouses that can be patronized.
Without any reason to remain, he can go to his beloved New York and find employment where he feels at home.

I am glad that DeOssie exposed himself as a hypocrite and fraud in his drunken rant. I have no doubt this represents his true feelings towards his hometown team and its fans. We will be doing him a favor by removing his economic reasons for staying in New England by letting the sponsors of his shows know our displeasure. Likewise I am sure there are other fine steakhouses that can be patronized.
Without any reason to remain, he can go to his beloved New York and find employment where he feels at home.
:bricks::bricks::bricks:

About 20 minutes before the end of his radio show, Felger, unsurprisingly, dismissed fans calling for a boycott of DeOssie as being childish, and he argued that it was DeOssie's tonality and not his words that fans are upset about.

The sports pundits are definitely circling the wagons on this and are sticking up for one of their own.

Most of them probably think that fans aren't smart enough to hurt them financially, which is the only thing that matters.

Felger makes a living calling out people he thinks are frauds...he is a total sheet stirrer...but god forbid mere fans call deossie a fraud...then, I guess, it's childish to express such an opinion.

Well my Wikipedie posting ( yeah I know) got vetted and is now part of his legacy:

"DeOssie, who had created a career on several television and radio stations in the Boston area as a New England Patriots football analyst, created public rage throughout New England when he, as a paid performer at a New York Giants pep rally , openly and on camera belittled and disparaged Patriots players, fans, his fellow Boston area reporters and New England in general prior to Super Bowl XLVI."

Steve DeOssie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately someone ranted about DeOssie in the 'career section', but I assume that will get removed per WIKI rules.

"DeOssie, who has created a career on several television and radio stations in the Boston area as an NFL analyst created controversy, at a New York Giants pep rally , when he openly and on camera professed his admiration of the New York Giants and his desire for the Giants to win the Super Bowl"

I love how it's being twisted into Pats fans being upset he rooted for the Giants. We all know his son plays for the Giants and I had no problem with him rooting for the Giants. Family comes first. My, and all Pats fans, problem is that he said he hates that he has to stand by other Boston media and fans and lie about how he really feels about the Pats to patronize the local audience. As I said earlier, just leave Steve. We don't want you here. Go to NY and all will be happy.

Last edited:
I don't know what is worse, that none of the mediates have called DeOssie to task or that none of them have called Buckley to task for his comments.

Frankly if there is a silver lining in all of this it is that if we ever doubted the Boston media's utter contempt for us, any doubts are obliterated by now.

Funny thing is that you would like a few of them to be left standing but they seem hell bent on Armageddon.

One of the most interesting Sociological phenomenon I have seen in a long time, well worth some graduate student's time to do a doctoral thesis.

i want deossie gone.

Niedermayer?????

435347-john__bluto__blutarsky_large.jpg

"GONE!"

"DeOssie, who has created a career on several television and radio stations in the Boston area as an NFL analyst created controversy, at a New York Giants pep rally , when he openly and on camera professed his admiration of the New York Giants and his desire for the Giants to win the Super Bowl"

I love how it's being twisted into Pats fans being upset he rooted for the Giants. We all know his son plays for the Giants and I had no problem with him rooting for the Giants. Family comes first. My, and all Pats fans, problem is that he said he hates that he has to stand by other Boston media and fans and lie about how he really feels about the Pats to patronize the local audience. As I said earlier, just leave Steve. We don't want you here. Go to NY and all will be happy.

Fixed it, and within 10 minutes it has been changed again. Guess Fred and Steve,, and the rest of the gang have DeOssie's Wiki page under 24 hour surveillance now.

What is amusing is I keep posting references and citations, and they not only don't, they remove mine.

Last edited:
Whoever is running the Steakhouse Facebook page finally caved in and started deleting posts. Every single anti-DeOssie comment has now been removed. So much for their phony "free speech" charade. I've also been blocked from comment.

There's one great quote on the Fred And Steve's Facebook page from last night when Kevin Faulk was there shilling for Benedict DeOssie. It says "I might eat there if it was called Fred and Kevin's!"

Watch for the next poll I set up.

keep emailing and keep making phone calls.

OK...busy day.....just got home...this afternoon around 4 I met up witha bunch of family and friends for my nephew's 24th B-Day party...was listening to EEI before that and the big Whore went off on this unbelievable rampage about some freakin' SOCCER player in England and how the owner of the Red Sox looks "REAL REAL BAD!!!!" to the rest of the world because this nitwit wouldn't shake hands with some other English soccer nitwit.

We were waitng for apps and drinks and started talking about the DeOssie thing and how the media is trying to spin it down and my friend, Rog brought up this rant by Ordway too...it was like..."where is THIS coming from????"...anyway, I brought up Patsfans on a laptop one of the nieces brought with her and I showed this thread and others to the family and friends...at this point we all decided to call the Whiner Line and leave different whines about the DeOssie debacle, using the suggestions in THIS thread...each call was different...for example ,I used the the "Fred and Fredo" take on my call....there were 18 of us at this function and each one of us had our own cell that we called in from...here's the kicker...and you can verify from online of the EEI page...

Not one whine ...not ONE...about DeOssie the whole segment...there were three or four "WTF is this soccer crap?" whines interjected for what seemed like minutes by the Big Ho covering the same ground he did at 4....and then..after like 10 rather bland "whines"...it ends....

Heh...not hard to see that they have made a decision to censor any/all DeOssie related talk at all costs...no matter how transparent and silly appear...a guy from Uruguay wouldn't shake hands with another guy from France at a soccer game in Britain..."OUTRAGEOUS!!!! JOHN HENRY EMBARRASSED!!!"....just effin' WOW...

OK...busy day.....just got home...this afternoon around 4 I met up witha bunch of family and friends for my nephew's 24th B-Day party...was listening to EEI before that and the big Whore went off on this unbelievable rampage about some freakin' SOCCER player in England and how the owner of the Red Sox looks "REAL REAL BAD!!!!" to the rest of the world because this nitwit wouldn't shake hands with some other English soccer nitwit.

We were waitng for apps and drinks and started talking about the DeOssie thing and how the media is trying to spin it down and my friend, Rog brought up this rant by Ordway too...it was like..."where is THIS coming from????"...anyway, I brought up Patsfans on a laptop one of the nieces brought with her and I showed this thread and others to the family and friends...at this point we all decided to call the Whiner Line and leave different whines about the DeOssie debacle, using the suggestions in THIS thread...each call was different...for example ,I used the the "Fred and Fredo" take on my call....there were 18 of us at this function and each one of us had our own cell that we called in from...here's the kicker...and you can verify from online of the EEI page...

Not one whine ...not ONE...about DeOssie the whole segment...there were three or four "WTF is this soccer crap?" whines interjected for what seemed like minutes by the Big Ho covering the same ground he did at 4....and then..after like 10 rather bland "whines"...it ends....

Heh...not hard to see that they have made a decision to censor any/all DeOssie related talk at all costs...no matter how transparent and silly appear...a guy from Uruguay wouldn't shake hands with another guy from France at a soccer game in Britain..."OUTRAGEOUS!!!! JOHN HENRY EMBARRASSED!!!"....just effin' WOW...

As ambivalent as I've gotten over listening to Felger and his Micky Mouse sidekick, I've really grown to loathe Ordway. His pretentious defense of DeOssie offers further proof that they take us for simple fools.

Kudos to you and the others for trying. As I've stated before, nothing's going to take DeOssie down and your efforts are proof positive. I heard Ordway's nonsense about the soccer stuff as well as his all-out assault earlier aginst Jason Whitlock (for whom I have no sympathy, by the way - it's chickens coming home to roost for that asshat). Ordway is so righteous and indignant about those outside his circle of stooges, but he, like all of the others in the Media Network, protect one another like mother cubs looking over their babies. It's disgusting. Zolak and Gresh dressed down a caller for bringing the DeOssie issue up this morning, as well. They hid behind the tired, phony stance of "he should be rooting for his son's team", as if we're all too stupid to know that it's not that issue that's the rub. They're all frauds and apologists, every single one of them. Has anyone heard any media member criticize DeOssie in this matter? Other than some mild criticism early on from Michael Holley, I haven't heard nor read a bit. They should all be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves, but they aren't. Like Dossie, they're just merrily going on their way knowing full well that they've screwed the chump fans again just as they always have and always will.

Has anyone heard any media member criticize DeOssie in this matter?

Bruce Allen at Bostonsportsmedia.com said exactly what we're saying: that DeOssie no longer has credibility with the fan base. He's the lone voice of "official" reason in the wilderness.

But it really is amazing how everyone else has calculatedly confused and clouded the issue by portraying it as Pats fans hating DeOssie for picking the Giants to win. That's got nothing to do with it.

Bruce Allen at Bostonsportsmedia.com said exactly what we're saying: that DeOssie no longer has credibility with the fan base. He's the lone voice of "official" reason in the wilderness.

But it really is amazing how everyone else has calculatedly confused and clouded the issue by portraying it as Pats fans hating DeOssie for picking the Giants to win. That's got nothing to do with it.

Merloni picked the Giants as well, if that was what the anger was about he would be getting it as well.

As ambivalent as I've gotten over listening to Felger and his Micky Mouse sidekick, I've really grown to loathe Ordway. His pretentious defense of DeOssie offers further proof that they take us for simple fools.

yeah...the funny thing is I've MET the squat little bowling ball with the dead rat on his head more than once...gotta admit...and I've said this to his face...it's a pretty good gig in life what he does for a living. This comes as no surprise, this DeOssie interference running...actually I expected no less from him...THAT is WHY he is the "Big Ho"...for example, just look at last season with the Sox as the pressure on Francona built and built...the whole season right into September, Ordway allowed ZERO criticism of his blessed "Ter"...and then, the season lost, the Sox in the midst of a MLB meltdown of historical proportions, Ordway allowed that the Sox collapse could in a very small way, be laid at the feet of Francona....10%...his exact words...about 10% of the Sox collapse was the manager's fault...and STILL he would NOT admit that Francona's future as manager was in question....as soon as Francona's firing was announced, Ordway went on a week long canonization and tearful "trail of tears" sobfest, lashing a out at everybody else in the Sox organization in the process. Not hard to figure out the fat little windbag had his lips superglued to Terry's posterior for years....THIS is who he is and THIS is what he does...

I like sports talk radio...I travel at least 100 miles a day and it fills the dead spots in the day...but this disconnect between "them" and "us" is getting steadily wider, for sure...I can take a nuclear physicist telling me I'm not the brightest bulb in the rack...but an erstwhile ten pin bowling ball with a rug superglued to its top telling me or anyone else anything but what's on the friggin' menu is a bit much...

Last edited:
I almost punched the radio yesterday when Gresh and Zo ripped on a guy for bringing it up. I know Boston media is incestuous with a lot of cross over so at least sac up and say you cant comment due to a conflict. I'll be disgusted if this guy doesn't get fired. I'm honestly more upset about this guy getting away with this than the loss at this point.

The Big Ho ...Brilliant :rofl:

'Fred and Fredos' The name of Freds Steak House.

This just confirms another fraud they all perpetrate daily, the our callers set the agenda mantra. That's the one they hide behind whenever questioned about their own agenda driven topics. The day after this all broke they were trolling for audience by hyping the prospect of a DeOssie based whiner line...that never materialized. Not a single whine. All the whines they aired were pretty lame too, including lots of Timmy Thomas rehashes, so it must have been a tough day in editing what with digging through the previous weeks rejects...

They defended Tomasse, comparatively speaking this defense is childsplay. The old boy network operates on the principle of there but for the grace of god... They just never apply that principle to their coverage of non mediot subjects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference