PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen Neal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichiro

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Neal struggled all night vs Gerard Warren. Warren was in the backfield all the time disrupting running plays and putting pressure on Brady. This is not the first time Neal has been less than good against Warren. Neal is a good player on pulls and screens but against a gap shooting DT he is bad.
Another nightmare matchup on Sunday vs Sam Adams

Don't forget, Warren was a high 1st round pick who probably only floundered because he was on the horrendous Browns. That's a lot of physical talent to match up against an undrafted former college wrestler.

Secondly, Warren may have disrupted a lot of running plays (I don't remember specifically), but no way he was a force in the passing game. Brady had a LOT of time against Denver, provided by the O-line.

Coverage sacks and thrown-away balls were the story last night. Whether that's because of bad routes, bad receivers, bad relationships, I don't know, but you can't pin that on the O-line.

Neal seems to be an up and down guy. I'm sure he'll even out.

It still kills me the way this offensive line makes Denver's defensive line full of Brown's rejects look like All-Pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes