PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steph - Answering Your Deflategate Legal Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the tide apparently turning, prepare for an onslaught of attacks on Brady by the NFL ministry of propaganda.. probably on Friday PM about 4 PM... either that or late Tuesday PM..

Goodell cannot lose control of this.. and needs to figure out how to neutralize Brady/Patriots so he can look good for the Billionaire Boys Club..

DID she even go on EEI ? Been listening...

No Stradly no explaniation. Listened just for that spot.

Man, was looking forward to updates on what she said. Bummer it never happened

Well hopefully the next couple of days she'll be on.

Someone probably warned her about Tanguay and his stupidity and she recalled the "when you wrestle with a pig..." saying.

I have a number of lawyers in my life. Some are business associates. Some I have known for 30+ years. One of them is a state judge even. They all have different specializations.

One does real estate and liquor licenses. I asked him about all this stuff and he knows zip.

My other buddy is a divorce and estate attorney. He also doesn't know squat about this stuff.

They know procedures and process but do not have the training of labor law or have studied the CBA or other relevant documents.

I've argued with them over beers and hold my own. However, once they read stuff they have a level of understanding that I just don't have.

For Tanguay to argue and disagree with a labor law attorney who has spent 6 months studying and observing what has been going on is stupid. What an arrogant, closed-minded idiot.

I would have bet $100 that Tanguay would have disagreed with Steph.

Last edited:
She was good on the Lebatard show yesterday. Lebatard has been pretty strongly anti-Brady, a good little ESPN soldier. After she was on, he said that he didn't know what to think anymore. Which is a start...

With the tide apparently turning, prepare for an onslaught of attacks on Brady by the NFL ministry of propaganda.. probably on Friday PM about 4 PM... either that or late Tuesday PM..

Goodell cannot lose control of this.. and needs to figure out how to neutralize Brady/Patriots so he can look good for the Billionaire Boys Club..
I don't think even the NFL would be dumb enough to do that now that they have met with the Magistrate Judge and are supposed to be in "good faith" settlement talks.

The only smart way for the NFL to attack Brady now is in the 15 double-spaced pages that are due in Judge Berman's chambers tomorrow.

Can everyone squeeze down a bit? We are going to need a little more room on the bandwagon.

1. Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 3h3 hours ago
    NFLPA boss DeMaurice Smith asks for court permission to appear as co-counsel for union in Brady v. NFL; he just filed a motion this morning

2. Lou Michels ‏@LouMichels 52m52 minutes ago
    @WALLACHLEGAL He's hoping for a big win...

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 52m52 minutes ago
    @LouMichels And a choice seat up front.

3. Lou Michels ‏@LouMichels 51m51 minutes ago
  4. @WALLACHLEGAL And his name on the pleadings and opinion.

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 44m44 minutes ago
    @LouMichels the winning opinion ;)

Daniel Wallach retweeted
    Lou Michels ‏@LouMichels 43m43 minutes ago
    @WALLACHLEGAL I'm thinking their confidence level has just gone up if he's putting his name on things.

According to the precedent of previous appeal hearing awards and federal court decisions, their system doesn't allow it. Goodell just completely sidestepped the issue of whether or not the system allows it by preventing anyone from actually reviewing the issue. He made a gamble that he and his underlings could 1) willfully disregard collectively bargained disciplinary policies (as well as basic fairness) in issuing the initial discipline, 2) short circuit the independent appeal process so that he could rule in his own favor that he did not violate the collectively bargained policies that he and NFL employees did in fact violate and that the lies used to support the discipline were actually truths, 3) forever seal off the evidence of this malfeasance from the public, and 4) either get Brady to accept a settlement or quickly win in court on the technicality of the limited scope of appeals to arbitration awards. Presumably he and his lawyers had not anticipated that Brady would steadfastly maintain his innocence and would not settle quickly, and the federal judge would not be keen to obfuscate the truth to the public in order to fight the NFL's PR battle for them. I still have no idea if Brady has a good shot in court, but I do know that the NFL has irreparably torn apart whatever shreds of their reputation they had left. No player will ever trust the league office going forward.

It never had to be this way. Consider that the NFLPA agreed to use the previous commissioner as a neutral arbitrator for reviewing disciplinary decisions, and that previous commissioner ruled in the player's favor. The NFLPA used to have at least some sort of trust and rapport with the commissioner. That is gone for as long as Goodell is in charge of the league office. Maybe for good. Who knows what repercussions that will have in the next CBA negotiations.
I keep picturing his smug face contemplating all this only to find out that he just laid hold of a high tension power line. Nothing left but a smoking carcass.

Does anyone think that all this is starting to settle into Rogers brain that he very well could be standing on a sand dune, with the tide rising and Kessler is between him and land?

Kessler's theme music: Daaaah, dunt....

She'll be on WEEI in a matter of moments....

I don't get it. There's no mention about this on the WEEI website. Did her appearance happen or not? D&C had that jackass Hubbach on. (finally found out who his is, NY Post guy)

she tweeted that she got bumped, so I have no idea if she was on at all today, but didn't somebody mention hearing it at some point in teh other thread?

#whereissteph?
Awfully suspicious...almost like she has something to hide.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, it was around 4 she was on, she was pretty good, I've heard it already since I've been following her blog, still good to hear it over the airwaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST