PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Anthony Smith guarantees victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, because everyone who knows anything about NFL history knows that Bill Belicheat ripped off the whole "60 minutemen" thing from Chuck Noll's Steelers of the 70's. LOl. The Cheater In Cheif can't even come up with his own motivational material......he has to steal it from historic NON-cheating coaches with legacies NOT marred by scandal to try to motivate his drone-like players into the same thing game after. We get no respect. We get no respect. We get no respect. We get no respect. Pretty funny considering that no other team in professional sport since 2001 has gotten more positive PR than the New England Cheatriots. Oh......there was the one week of bad press where you guys got busted for your cheating.......but then it was back to constant ball-washing by the media. Yeah.......you guys are SOOOOOOO disrespected. LOL.

But yeah the Cheatriots fanbase goes back generations......all ten families of it. LOL. Funny, I don't recall many people sporting Pats sweaters BEFORE 2001.....now every soccor mom and her dipsh*t children are wearing #12.

Ah, way to represent you fanbase pal.

Nothing shows ignorance more then a post filled of random capitalization and personal attacks, with no reference to the actual game this week.

That's all you're bringing to the table? Corruptions of our name (Cheatriots, brilliant!) and accusations of fair-weather fans? Next please.

'WE'Z GONNA TAKE OUT CHO PLAYERS! LOL CHEATRIOTS!"

Maybe a little game analysis? Some posts with stats? Anything halfway intelligent?

Random middle school esque personal attacks aren’t doing you any good.

Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few “Your mom” jokes coming from these Steelers fans eventually.

When I heard of these comments I was wondering if I should have heard of this guy before. I guess not.

This makes me think back to the Meriweather incident, when Belichick called him out in front of the team for giving an interview. It seemed petty and unnecessary to some, but it works. Patriots players don't say stupid stuff to the media, and the new guys are quickly indoctrinated. Belichick doesn't wait for his guys to say stupid stuff and then have a talk with them (which I assume has happened to Smith in Pitt today) after the damage has already been done.

I think this does help. Belichick gave the team two days off during a short week. The team is worn down. They're taking everyone's best shot. They just need to get through the Pitt game and things will get easier. Every little bit helps.

Well it's no different than the ultra original "squeelers" thread you guys have going on. At least the "Cheatriots" thing is a more original take. And I wouldn't be talking any smack if I was in any way representing a fanbase desperately trying to justify the cheating of a certain head coach. "oh we weren't cheating"......"there was no advantage to be had"......"everybody's doing it". LOL. Sounds like a public service announcement against marijuana use.

Let's see Pittsburgh Squeelers.......let's see Steroid induced cheating MF'ers of the golden 70's. A

Whoa...what's that BAM Morris doing....:singing: dealin dope ofcourse under the leadership of hmmmmmm which coach ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bam_Morris

Now go back to singing "we are family" inbred west virginian

Nah, we don't have to resort to Yo Momma jokes and other stuff like that. OUR Lombardi trophies are un-tainted and OUR coaches' legacies are un-tainted as well. 5 rings? Better than 3. And again, there aren't any scandals f-ing with ours.

C'mon, if you're going to ignore the steroids cloud hanging over the 70s Steelers why should we listen to you and your cries of "cheaters?"

Nah, we don't have to resort to Yo Momma jokes and other stuff like that. OUR Lombardi trophies are un-tainted and OUR coaches' legacies are un-tainted as well. 5 rings? Better than 3. And again, there aren't any scandals f-ing with ours.

Except the Steelers of the 70's were the steroids organization before it became rampant in the early 80's.

Also, by the content of your posts, I’m going to assume you weren’t alive to experience the first 4 Super Bowls, so why brag about them?

The Reaper's dancing on Cloud Nine...ever since he got a pair of Kordell Stewart's used loafers

Oh and I suppose the Steelers were the only team using steroids in that era huh? Tell me where the advantage is in having roided players competing against other roided players.
You're the poster boy for roid rage on this message board!

Celtics 16 ......vs 0
Bruins 5..........vs 2 Pengs
RedSox 7........vs 7 Pirates
Patriots 3.......vs 5 Steelers

Beat that MF. oh wait.......you inbred d ickwads dont even have a BB team

Boston=31 championships
Pitt = 14

Then again you part west vaginans cant count past 4th grade level anyways

How does one follow up this post...

The Reaper said:
"oh we weren't cheating"......"there was no advantage to be had"......"everybody's doing it". LOL. Sounds like a public service announcement against marijuana use.

With this post...

The Reaper said:
Oh and I suppose the Steelers were the only team using steroids in that era huh? Tell me where the advantage is in having roided players competing against other roided players.

Oh the irony.

Also, there is no evidence the Patriots have ever won a game as a result of cheating.

Your argument is irrelevant. The only time we were found to be breaking the rules was in a situation where it has absolutely no effect on the outcome on the game.

Therefore all accusations about the other Super Bowls being tainted are just wild assumptions that will never be proven.

Championships in new millenium

Boston = 5
Pitt = 1

Case closed. no go back to rooting for your Pirates

We also have destroyed tapes for some mysterious reason. The only time you destroy evidence is when you're trying to HIDE something. Suck on that.

It's all stupid, but this is my favorite. Evidence gets destroyed all of the time. Guns and drugs don't just sit around as evidence forever. Goodell wanted to prevent NE from using the tapes in the future and didn't want to see them leaked (like the tape from the Jets game).

What amuses me the most is the insistence by some media members that they had a right to see the tapes. How often do companies open internal investigations to the media?

I've never cared for Anthony Smith since he's been here. He is a big hitter but he's one of those guys who has to run his mouth after every play. It's cost the Steelers some big penalties this year.

In fact, the maddest I've ever seen **** Lebeau get was last year when Smith picked off a pass and started high stepping on the return. As soon as he ran out of bounds Lebeau bolted over to him and grabbed him by the collar and started screaming in his face.

Smith is just a ****y loudmouth who hasn't done anything in the NFL.

But I would like to see him lay out Randy Moss. :)

Why were those tapes DESTROYED instead of released to kill the speculation. Something BIG to hide that's why. You wanna know why everytime Bill Belicheat and his team enters an opposing stadium he'll be greated with those taunts? It ain't jealousy fellas. It's the stinky smell of a scandal and evidence that was destroyed. If there was nothing to hide in those tapes.....they WHY destroy them? Hmmmmmmmm? I'll tell you why.

No, you won't tell me why because you do not and never will have absolutely any idea why.

Well it's no different than the ultra original "squeelers" thread you guys have going on. At least the "Cheatriots" thing is a more original take. And I wouldn't be talking any smack if I was in any way representing a fanbase desperately trying to justify the cheating of a certain head coach. "oh we weren't cheating"......"there was no advantage to be had"......"everybody's doing it". LOL. Sounds like a public service announcement against marijuana use.
Say,
You're not a Steroidburg fan are you?
Let's see if you are smart enough to get this. Read the rule. If the unassuming camera man was inside a big used refrigerator cardboard box on the sideline, this big mortal sin would have been legal! Did you know that Mr. Reeper? That's how serious this was and we got nailed. How come the great Steeler teams were never even reprimanded for their steroid use? Hey you started the drug crapola!
Have you ever J-Walked? That's what intelligent coaches and media rate Spygate. It was dumb. We got nailed. It cost us. but in no way did a first quarter camera shot of the NY Jets sidelines enhance that Pats win. Then all the former tapes were given to Goodell and he agreed no advantage was ever gained in any tape presented for league inspection (sorry!), other than the one he gave his wife to give Fox....Oops. It was a infraction of a rule interpretation. BB even said that he interpreted the rule differently but he lost that argument. I know you are sad that it wasn't more than that, but a very stoic man once said "It is, what it is"!
At least the Pats players won't have "Tic-Tacs" for testicles in their old age. Just say no to 'roids!
DW Toys

LOL. Take away the pansy B-ball trophies and what do you got? LOL. Mario Lemieux is worth more than all the Boston Bruins HOFers you can name......and he's better than all of them combined. And how long did it take those pathetic Red Sox to get a ring? And you gotta love that class act Manny Rimirez.

panzy ? lol try winning 11 in a row.

Yea the great lemieux won all 2 championshps

Pirates = 20+ losing seasons already and no hope. Sox have won 2 in last 4.

Pats have won 3 of last 6

shall i keep counting ?

When Pittsburgh can reach 31 championships, then call us. till then keep licking the Heinz ketchup

Say,
You're not a Steroidburg fan are you?
Let's see if you are smart enough to get this. Read the rule. If the unassuming camera man was inside a big used refrigerator cardboard box on the sideline, this big mortal sin would have been legal! Did you know that Mr. Reeper? That's how serious this was and we got nailed. How come the great Steeler teams were never even reprimanded for their steroid use? Hey you started the drug crapola!
Have you ever J-Walked? That's what intelligent coaches and media rate Spygate. It was dumb. We got nailed. It cost us. but in no way did a first quarter camera shot of the NY Jets sidelines enhance that Pats win. Then all the former tapes were given to Goodell and he agreed no advantage was ever gained in any tape presented for league inspection (sorry!), other than the one he gave his wife to give Fox....Oops. It was a infraction of a rule interpretation. BB even said that he interpreted the rule differently but he lost that argument. I know you are sad that it wasn't more than that, but a very stoic man once said "It is, what it is"!
At least the Pats players won't have "Tic-Tacs" for testicles in their old age. Just say no to 'roids!
DW Toys

It's even simpler than that.

We've heard a million times "it obviously helped them because if it didn't they wouldn't have been doing it." This is sound logic, and it assumes that Belichick is smart enough to realize that breaking a rule for little or no gain is not worth it.

The same people then never ask themselves why Belichick did it brazenly out in the open. We've already established that he's a smart guy, so why would he break the rule where everyone can see?

The obvious answer, supported by his account of things, is that he didn't think he was breaking a rule. It explains why he made no attempts to hide it.

Instead we get the popular opinion that he knowingly broke the rule out in the open (he's an idiot I guess) while it obviously gave them an unfair advantage (he's too smart to have done it if it didn't help). Yeah, that makes sense.

I just saw Smith on ESPN. He basically said that IF the Steelers play mistake-free and prevent any big plays, then they should win. Well, duh. He was actually pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News