PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spygate Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't yet, but I am planning on reading it right after I watch a SB 42/SB 46 double feature with my balls stapled together.

how about "with Tomase and Mangini's balls stapled together......

Welcome to the era where anyone is an expert on anything (coughs, PFF) - an era where no one has any respect for the craft of whatever profession they are bastardizing.

What's worst is these conspiracy theorist novice writers attach a some bastardized and/or misleading stats to crack pot theories and people who want to believe that the theories are true will look at them as the smoking gun. That is the problem with all these conspiracy theories today.

Never has so much been written about so little(spygate) .

I haven't yet, but I am planning on reading it right after I watch a SB 42/SB 46 double feature with my balls stapled together.
You owe me a new keyboard. Seriously. I laughed so hard after reading I sprayed water all over it.

Not all Jets fans are morons.

From Gangrene

"If someone could give even one scenario that could prove the Pats were somehow using that film on gamedays, I'd rethink my opinion.

They were using a handheld camcorder with a tape in it that even chief Patriot witness Walsh admitted wasn't handed in until after the game. So it wasn't even an elaborate way to steal signs (Which is not illegal, BTW).

Scouts inc. wrote a piece (I'll try to find it) in which they said the Pats (and other teams that did it) would match the tape of the signals, downs, and defensive alignment to study tendencies. Usually by the film group a few weeks after the game. And if the team was stupid enough not to change their defensive signals the next time they played, well that was gravy. "
ALL JETS fans are morons, they're just not all morons over spygate :)

so..he's a fraud...and he writes a fraudulent book....hmmm...sounds Freudian

The thing about Spygate is that there was no cover up. The Patriots admitted doing it. They turned over the tapes. They paid the fines. Belichick did a public me culpa.

And somehow the Patriots soldiered on by destroying every team in their path until the Super Bowl and the aforementioned stapling of the balls. Ouch!

I am not going to read this book. Bryan O'Leary has zero credibility and unless he's got some extraordinary inside sources, any of us could write that book. There are threads on here about Spygate that are longer and better informed than that book.

If Michael Holley, Seth Mnookin author of the great book "Feeding the Monster", (Bio | Seth Mnookin), David Halberstam ("The Education of a Coach"), or Jon Feinstein put a book together about Spygate, I'd be all over it.

Otherwise, its just a guy trying to make money, and Bryan O'Leary ain't getting any of mine.

Probably shouldn't hold your breath on a Halberstam Spygate novel, with him being dead and all.

Last edited:
Probably shouldn't hold your breath on a Halberstam Spygate novel, with him being dead and all.

It would have to be a ghost writer

One day Ian created a forum called the Practice Squad. And we asked, " Ian, what kind of threads do we move to the Practice Squad?"

And to paraphase Ian's response " You know, any threads that are nonsense, or food fights, or that advocate bringing R**** M*** back, or any related to S******", those type of things". :cool:

Spygate was a non-issue from the beginning. This is something everybody was doing, the Pats just got caught. Goodell, being the guy he is, turned this into a bigger deal than it ever had to be.

Please see the article at the link below, and refer to this whenever anyone brings up the "advantage" the Patriots gained from this practice. Make sure to note the date of this article was before the 2007 season started. I particularly like the line that states "The most common practice (for teams gaining an advantage) is for a team to videotape an opponent's signal-givers on the sideline, and later marry up those indications to the game tape in order to identify tendencies or patterns."

SI.com - Writers - Don Banks: Cheating in the NFL a matter of mind over matter - Wednesday July 25, 2007 2:02PM

Don Banks is considered a respected journalist, and I’m sure he did a fair amount of research for this article. I’m guessing since he called this the “most common” type of cheating, he interviewed several teams that use this practice. Why didn't the commisioner go to Don Banks and ask him who he talked to? Why did the significant majority of NFL coached keep their mouths shut?

Bottom line is it was and is a non-issue and other teams knew it.

Last edited:
The thing about Spygate is that there was no cover up. The Patriots admitted doing it. They turned over the tapes. They paid the fines. Belichick did a public me culpa.

And somehow the Patriots soldiered on by destroying every team in their path until the Super Bowl and the aforementioned stapling of the balls. Ouch!

I am not going to read this book. Bryan O'Leary has zero credibility and unless he's got some extraordinary inside sources, any of us could write that book. There are threads on here about Spygate that are longer and better informed than that book.

If Michael Holley, Seth Mnookin author of the great book "Feeding the Monster", (Bio | Seth Mnookin), David Halberstam ("The Education of a Coach"), or Jon Feinstein put a book together about Spygate, I'd be all over it.

Otherwise, its just a guy trying to make money, and Bryan O'Leary ain't getting any of mine.

A book by Halberstam would be impressive since he passed away in 2007 unexpectedly..

But we get your point..

I didn't think it was possible but you just trumped letekro's post. :D

It's oddly funny that he used the same photo for LinkedIn that he used for the book online booksite. A headshot cut-out from a group photo, very professional.

It's oddly funny that he used the same photo for LinkedIn that he used for the book online booksite. A headshot cut-out from a group photo, very professional.

Eh...I guess you can judge a book by its' cover.

Last edited:
I thought he wasn't an expert, but apparently he an expert on cheating.

Meh....... he's the same type of loser that claims to be a Navy Seal, has multiple Purple Hearts and the Congressional medal of Honor, while panhandling on the corner and wearing guyliner.

yes....... those sorts really do exist. Sadly. This guy is working his way up to that level. Or down to it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes