PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sports Science: Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelocatedPatFan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
When I find the link I'll post it, but that was an awesome, awesome episode. It might be ESPN, but it isn't ESPN agenda and I appreciate the data approach to the stories.

Favorite part (that I remember):
  • Tom Brady has the release similar to a MLB player and throws the ball 20 yards downfield to a target the size of a dinner plate
  • The average fast throw for a NFL QB is 50 mph and Brady's mechanics allow him to throw 61 mph on average
  • Release is about .39 seconds. his motion is consistent across throws and he doesn't suffer from the quick release-accuracy trade-offs (all about mechanics)
  • His QB sneak, he's pushing forward about .05 seconds after he touches he ball
  • Generates 800 pounds of force with his legs and crosses the down about .75 seconds, when your average RB crosses the same point in 2.1 seconds
  • Conversion on 3rd/4th and 1-2 yards he has about the same number of attempts as Marshawn Lynch (who has about a 60% conversion rate). Brady has a 91.9% conversion rate (most of any active player)
That's most of it, you'll have to wait for a link

Last edited:
When I find the link I'll post it, but that was an awesome, awesome episode. It might be ESPN, but it isn't ESPN agenda and I appreciate the data approach to the stories.

• Tom Brady has the release similar to a MLB player and throws the ball 20 yards downfield to a target the size of a dinner plate
  • The average fast throw for a NFL QB is 50 mph and Brady's mechanics allow him to throw 611 mph on average

They talked about his QB sneak play, quick release, ...

Brady is great.

But he can't throw over 550 mph faster than everyone else.

Brady is great.

At first I was like, huh?

I've had a talking to my keyboard and it promises not to get too excited when I talk about TFB again or add extra digits :D

Thanks for letting me know about the typo.

Sm)/Pm

Guess you haven't heard about that micro-jet-assist pack they secretly install in Patriot footballs. Obviously not turned on to full power prior to the playoffs....

Sm)/Pm

Guess you haven't heard about that micro-jet-assist pack they secretly install in Patriot footballs. Obviously not turned on to full power prior to the playoffs....
It was an obvious counter-measure to Peyton Mannin's laser Rocket arm.

I found this documentary on the subject

• The average fast throw for a NFL QB is 50 mph and Brady's mechanics allow him to throw 61 mph on average
  • Release is about .39 seconds. his motion is consistent across throws and he doesn't suffer from the quick release-accuracy trade-offs (all about mechanics)
  • His QB sneak, he's pushing forward about .05 seconds after he touches he ball
  • Generates 800 pounds of force with his legs and crosses the down about .75 seconds, when your average RB crosses the same point in 2.1 seconds
  • Conversion on 3rd/4th and 1-2 yards he has about the same number of attempts as Marshawn Lynch (who has about a 60% conversion rate). Brady has a 91.9% conversion rate (most of any active player)
That's most of it, you'll have to wait for a link

You remembered all that from a TV show? Is your last name Taylor?

image.jpg

;)

You remembered all that from a TV show? Is your last name Taylor?
;)
No it's Nash, John Nash :D.

I did rewind the segment after I couldn't find a link to get some more info (though I could have gotten most of it).

Good lord! Could you imagine catching a football moving 61 miles per hour?!

Tom Brady had the fastest release AND the highest velocity? That seems like something that shouldn't happen.

Am I the only one paranoid that a new scandal can come up with Brady and PEDs obviously it's all.hard work and determination, but after Defamegate I don't rule anything out for the haters to try to bring us down

Tom Brady had the fastest release AND the highest velocity? That seems like something that shouldn't happen.
Spend a year doing his workout and eating regimen and let us know how well you fare. And I'm not sure it's the fastest, just had the numbers without a comparison other than the average speed ball.

Plus, how many pro QBs work their lifestyle purely for foobvall (mechanics, workout, diet, ...) like Brady. my guess is there are no others.
Am I the only one paranoid that a new scandal can come up with Brady and PEDs obviously it's all.hard work and determination, but after Defamegate I don't rule anything out for the haters to try to bring us down
I'm sure people will try and have thought of it. But, they better be right because TB would end up owning the league.

Spend a year doing his workout and eating regimen and let us know how well you fare. And I'm not sure it's the fastest, just had the numbers without a comparison other than the average speed ball.

Plus, how many pro QBs work their lifestyle purely for foobvall (mechanics, workout, diet, ...) like Brady. my guess is there are no others.

I'm sure people will try and have thought of it. But, they better be right because TB would end up owning the league.

I am confused. Did you think I was implying Brady is on steroids? I was merely praising extraordinary ability.

I am confused. Did you think I was implying Brady is on steroids? I was merely praising extraordinary ability.
No, archangel was thinking that might be the next "made up" scandal leveled at Brady. I just decided to make one post to respond to 2 different posts/posters.

Brady had a visit with Tom House this week. Guy never lets up even at 8-0 gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe