Welcome to PatsFans.com

Spikes,Mayo and Dennard fined a total of over $40,000 in Bills game

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +90 / 8 / -11

#12 Jersey

This, for me, is the other end of the extreme. There was no intent to injure. It was a silly mistake.

2. aberhwy61

aberhwy61 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i'm kind of appalled by the stupidity from the league in not fining players as percentages of earnings. spikes is making, what, 530 this year? he's down 46 after taxes from two fines, which is about 80 pre-tax. so he's essentially lost a sixth of his salary this year for two hits. that is absolutely ridiculous.

3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

That's the kind of detail that has to be negotiated between the league and the NFLPA. And the NFLPA is always all about what is best for it's constituency of choice, the players in the upper earnings percentile. They never want to see a prime offender who is also a peak earner docked significantly for safety or any other reason. If he makes it into their prime constituency, Dennard will thank them. If he never does, they don't really give a rats ass about him.

4. LetsGoBuffalo

LetsGoBuffalo Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Spikes' hit on Fitz didn't deserve a fine IMO. Flag, sure. Fine, not so much. The league is going overboard with "protecting" QBs.

I know Fitz is taking some heat here for his reaction to the hit and his postgame comments but IMO he already had a predisposition against Spikes due to his' hit on Chandler in game 1. As a Bills fan it was nice to see Fitz at least stand up for himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.