PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sources: Cards reduce Boldin trade demands

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Football: NFL Sports News at wtvg

http://insidetheiggles.com/2009/04/24/cardinals-lower-demands-for-boldin/

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/04/cardinals-lowering-asking-price-for-anquan-boldin.html

The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be newly interested, two sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.
The New York Jets, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have expressed interest given the downgraded demands from a first- and third-round pick, the sources said.

Should the Pats look into this?

Last edited:
hmmmm, i wonder how much he would cost in terms of dollars.

The problem is not the compensation to the Cardinals. The problem is the compensation to Boldin.

The problem is not the compensation to the Cardinals. The problem is the compensation to Boldin.

Agreed -- but for say #47 and the 2009 4th rounder, that is one hell of a scary offense if they could get creative on the contract as the Pats would be lining up two vertical threats plus Welker in their base set. That is what they attempted to do with Stallworth in 2007.... Why couldn't they get Boldin instead of Bethel originally

He wants more money than Larry Fitzgerald who last May signed a $40,000,000 4 year contract and Larry F is better. Why think about adding a whiner to the team.

He wants more money than Larry Fitzgerald who last May signed a $40,000,000 4 year contract and Larry F is better. Why think about adding a whiner to the team.

I don't think he necessarily wants more money than Fitz, he just doesn't want to be making half to a third of what Fitz is. He's looking at $6M this year, Fitz is costing the Cardinals like 15M IIRC.

The big question with Boldin is that everytime he gets hurt, nothing happens. The offense didn't slow down when Breaston replaced him, nor the previous guy, and they've got Early Doucet looking to step in. It seems clear to me that Fitz is the guy the D'Cs are worried about, and Boldin is playing the Welker role to Fitz's Moss. I think Arizona understands that.

As to him being a whiner? So was Randy Moss.

Last edited:
Don't think Randy would appreciate a big contract being given to Boldin, considering the discount he took to stay with the Pats.

Don't think Randy would appreciate a big contract being given to Boldin, considering the discount he took to stay with the Pats.

Didn't Randy sign for 9 million per season? Did I miss the discount?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back