PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [UPDATE: PATS PULL OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
like I have said in a few threads....be prepared for the pats to actually spend very little on FA's.......wilfork had it coming, got a good deal with good guarantees and the pats did not over pay (I predicted 5/40 with 21-23M guaranteed a couple of weeks ago when the guy in pittsburgh got his deal)

as for the rest of the way, I am starting to believe that the philosophy is to avoid paying out tons of money for a potential lockout year next year.

the pats defense may struggle this year, but like I also said, the pats don't have to spend a whole lot to keep the offense being a point producing machine......I think more players will get cut, and the pats will get some TE's that way.

the real part I am struggling with is the LB situation......the 3-4 depends on really good LB's, and there are simply none to be had for the pats

That seems contradictory,,, I think he has been misused at MLB and that the Jets could rotate him in at his more (possibly) natural OLB posistion.

Well he hasn't been misused at MLB since he's not played MLB. He played some ILB when he needed but last year he played pretty much all OLB.

That and if he would agree to a 1 year incentive laden deal, he ain't worth $9 mil. if he does well in 2010 he could cash in in 2011?

If he has enough talent left to really help the Jets he will not get released. He's under contract and BB will get value out of him one way or another. If he gets cut it's a good sign that he doesn't have much left.

IMO it's over "the run" I have no confidence in there drafting and procurement of players by this team anymore and that was before Pioli left. The reason we are the way we are is because of the 06,07,08 drafts where we pretty much got nothing. Your suppose to hit on your 1st round picks if your any good at recognizing talent, but the Pats think they are smarter than everyone else, we will keep on trading first round picks for second rounders which business wise is a great move the problem is you have to be able to draft well and thats where the failure is so far.

Good. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. People like yourself aren't real fans. You're front-runners who jump off the wagon and ***** and moan and complain because things don't go your way.

I've spent enough time with ignorant people like yourself who complain about those 3 drafts when they don't know wtf they are talking about. Good Riddance to bad garbage.

Follow your own advice.

Just because Welker had surgery doesn't mean it was major. Hell, we don't even know if he had full tears of his ACL and MCL. For you to claim he's most likely going to have a set-back is just stupidity. Do you have ANY ACTUAL FACT to support your claim? NO. You don't. You're talking out your arse.

Moss didn't "call out" the front office. He just stated reality. That this was probably his last year here and that he understood the business side of it.

As I started this post, I will finish it. Follow your own advice. THINK FOR ONCE.

I never said he was most likely going to have a set back. Get hooked on phonics then get back at me. He tore both MCL and ACL, you can find about 10 different sources saying the same thing. That isnt major surgery? Jack Baur v2

Good. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. People like yourself aren't real fans. You're front-runners who jump off the wagon and ***** and moan and complain because things don't go your way.

I've spent enough time with ignorant people like yourself who complain about those 3 drafts when they don't know wtf they are talking about. Good Riddance to bad garbage.

What a tough guy we got here. Attacking 5 people since he's entered the thread

I never said he was most likely going to have a set back. Get hooked on phonics then get back at me. He tore both MCL and ACL, you can find about 10 different sources saying the same thing. That isnt major surgery? Jack Baur v2

You mean someone who actually puts an ounce of thought into what they write before they hit the "submit reply" button?

Ouch. Sick burn.

Last edited:
Why are you so conservative?

Who is conservative? I was simply pointing out that, based on that poster's requirements, Boldin wasn't the answer either. Since Boldin isn't young.

BTW, I'd rather be relaxed, laughing at all you spastic people who are wasting tons of energy whining, crying, *****ing and moaning about things that you have absolutely NO information about. It's funny to watch all of you dance around to the tune of the media and spaz out making fools of yourselfs.

Someone made a point about Boldin being injured ALOT. What good would he be to the Pats if he got injured almost immediately? You all would be whining and crying about BB not knowing what he was doing by bringing in a guy who was always injured...

What a tough guy we got here. Attacking 5 people since he's entered the thread

Tough guy? No. But you are the imbecile who was attacking people from the start. So if you don't like it. TOUGH.

Who is conservative? I was simply pointing out that, based on that poster's requirements, Boldin wasn't the answer either. Since Boldin isn't young.

BTW, I'd rather be relaxed, laughing at all you spastic people who are wasting tons of energy whining, crying, *****ing and moaning about things that you have absolutely NO information about. It's funny to watch all of you dance around to the tune of the media and spaz out making fools of yourselfs.

Someone made a point about Boldin being injured ALOT. What good would he be to the Pats if he got injured almost immediately? You all would be whining and crying about BB not knowing what he was doing by bringing in a guy who was always injured...

Oh the irony... :D

Tough guy? No. But you are the imbecile who was attacking people from the start. So if you don't like it. TOUGH.

Attacking the biggest idiot in the thread? Yeah not 5 people like you tough guy. Your logic is just as poor

I must admit, I'm disappointed. I woke up this morning, grabbed the iTouch in bed and saw the beginning of this thread and thought booh yeah! Then I read the last words of the thread title.

Oh well, more to come.

emoney_33;1748087[QUOTE said:
]Well he hasn't been misused at MLB since he's not played MLB. He played some ILB when he needed but last year he played pretty much all OLB.

===================================================

Oh Really,,, My bad, I thought he played only on the inside for the Pats.:confused:

If he has enough talent left to really help the Jets he will not get released. He's under contract and BB will get value out of him one way or another. If he gets cut it's a good sign that he doesn't have much left
.[/QUOTE]

=========================================================

What about his cost? You think the Pats would swallow the cost and keep him?

The Guy has priced himself out of a job, he is going to need a new contract if he is traded and his current one is way out of line.

I have been completely underwhelmed by ATs play with the Pats, but figure what the heck for the right price,,, he may still have some upside.

boldin got traded for a FIFTH ROUND DRAFT PICK?

way to drop the ball pats

Umm.. Yes you did say that Welker was most likely going to have a set-back. Or do you need a refresher?

Here it is, moron:

paradox said:
There is a strong likelihood that all those negative things happen because its the reality of it.

Or this:
paradox said:
Key word, REALITY, all those things can happen and probably will. Yeah because Mason playing good at 37 is as likely as Brady getting hit by a bus. We're talking about on the field issues not things you're making up off the top of your head. This is just pathetic

Now, you should be feeling pretty friggin foolish about now since you just got caught lying.

BTW, SFBs, just because Welker tore his ACL and MCL doesn't mean that they were COMPLETE TEARS that had to be replaced. And the ACL/MCL surgery is not MAJOR. Heart Surgery is major. Liver Surgery is MAJOR. Brain Surgery is MAJOR. ACL/MCL surgerys take place by the tens and possibly hundreds every day.

I suggest that you follow your own advice and get Hooked on Phonics since its pretty clear that you are the one who has issues with reading comprehension. Not myself. And not JackBauer.

NO. Boldin got traded for a 3rd and 4th round pick. Way to go on your reading there, ALP.

Schefter's reporting that the Ravens traded their 3rd and 4th rounders for Boldin and the Cards 5th rounder.

What about his cost? You think the Pats would swallow the cost and keep him?

The Guy has priced himself out of a job, he is going to need a new contract if he is traded and his current one is way out of line.

I have been completely underwhelmed by ATs play with the Pats, but figure what the heck for the right price,,, he may still have some upside.

His cost is only around $5M in new money, they can't get the bonus back. They only save $5M by cutting him. So if they cut him, then that indicates they feel he probably isn't going to have much to offer.

AD actually played pretty well when he first got here, until I dunno what the hell happened to him this year and he went all nutty poor attitude and poor play.

Attacking the biggest idiot in the thread? Yeah not 5 people like you tough guy. Your logic is just as poor

Well, I didn't attack 5 people in the thread, moron. I attacked 2. YOU, who are the biggest moron in the thread, and Brarrell who is clearly a bandwagoner.

My logic is sound and well thought out. You clearly don't understand that and are clueless. As you've shown time and again. Particularly since you've started lying to try and cover up your BS.

His cost is only around $5M in new money, they can't get the bonus back. They only save $5M by cutting him. So if they cut him, then that indicates they feel he probably isn't going to have much to offer.

AD actually played pretty well when he first got here, until I dunno what the hell happened to him this year and he went all nutty poor attitude and poor play.

=============================================

I thought it was more then that, that is cheaper then TBC

David Tyree is a UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back