3rd + 4th
Derrick Burgess (31)

Pick one. :(

3rd + 4th
Anquan Boldin (29) + 4th

3rd + 4th
Derrick Burgess (31)

Can't win 'em all. Plus, we were backed up against a wall at OLB when the trade was made. Burgess was learning a very complex defense last year. He might surprise this year.

That's all they wanted for Boldin!?

A 3rd and a 4th?!

I can't believe it. I think I am going to be sick. IF we don't bring Brandon Marshall in here, you can just hand the division over to the Jets.

LET'S GET OFF OUR ARSES AND DO SOMETHING BB&KRAFT, SPEND SOME EFFIN MONEY AND SHOW THE FANS YOU ARE COMMITTED TO WINNING LIKE YOU TALK ABOUT !

Good. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. People like yourself aren't real fans. You're front-runners who jump off the wagon and ***** and moan and complain because things don't go your way.

I've spent enough time with ignorant people like yourself who complain about those 3 drafts when they don't know wtf they are talking about. Good Riddance to bad garbage.
Ignorant, Hey chump I'm spending damn near 2k a year for season tickets and probably another 1k tailgating every year so if you think I'm not going to state my displeasure with what's going on down here you're losing it. Don't know what I'm talking about, garbage I'm going to be professional here and not get into a name calling match with you Mr. KRAFT. If you don't think the Pats have been mismanaged the last few years underspending not resigning and generally doing a poor job of assembling a top notch team then keep the rose colored glasses on. By the way I've been a fan since 1970 and a season ticket holder since 1993 I can say what I want, when I want and where I want and I back it up with my wallet. Garbage!
i

Signed for the Ravens, they just got real good

Last edited:
Can't win 'em all. Plus, we were backed up against a wall at OLB when the trade was made. Burgess was learning a very complex defense last year. He might surprise this year.

The thing that angers me so much is that I was a huge Clay Matthews fan and an Orakpo fan, instead we trade back and pick Pat Chung, one year latter we are in the same goddamn positon as last year and Chung hasnt done much of anything on Defense.:mad:

I can't believe it. I think I am going to be sick. IF we don't bring Brandon Marshall in here, you can just hand the division over to the Jets.

LET'S GET OFF OUR ARSES AND DO SOMETHING BB&KRAFT, SPEND SOME EFFIN MONEY AND SHOW THE FANS YOU ARE COMMITTED TO WINNING LIKE YOU TALK ABOUT !

Great talent, but I don't think this is a guy that a team should make a long term commitment too.

The thing that angers me so much is that I was a huge Clay Matthews fan and an Orakpo fan, instead we trade back and pick Pat Chung, one year latter we are in the same goddamn positon as last year and Chung hasnt done much of anything on Defense.:mad:

Hopefully he's better than Eugene Chung :eek:

Ignorant, Hey chump I'm spending damn near 2k a year for season tickets and probably another 1k tailgating every year so if you think I'm not going to state my displeasure with what's going on down here you're losing it. Don't know what I'm talking about, garbage I'm going to be professional here and not get into a name calling match with you Mr. KRAFT. If you don't think the Pats have been mismanaged the last few years underspending not resigning and generally doing a poor job of assembling a top notch team then keep the rose colored glasses on. By the way I've been a fan since 1970 and a season ticket holder since 1993 I can say what I want, when I want and where I want and I back it up with my wallet. Garbage!
i

Exactly, DaBruinz I've been a fan alot longer than you have, had seasons tickets when you were probably in diapers. People aren't happy about what's going on and people can use this board to talk about the BS and displeasure with the team, the brutally bad FA decisions, the questionable draft day tradedowns passing on Laurinaitis and Clay Matthews all they want. Duane Starks, Derrick Burgess, Joey Galloway all they want. Who are you to question anything that people are pissed off about ? People are pissed, BB sitting on his hands, making bad in game deciscions, shaky draft day moves and horrible FA signings. And now to sit here and watch the Jets improve their only weakness on defense for a mere 3rd round pick in 2011 and for us to sit pat, put up a public face saving offer that we knew would never be accepted by Peppers just to say that we offered him something and to watch an Anquan Boldin traded for a 3rd and 4th round pick and getting a 5th back ? What is going on around here ?

You are the stiff that still thinks that the Pats are better off for not drafting guys like DRC, etc, etc. WTF do you know about talent? Nothing, you've proven JACK around here. You talk a big game and you haven't been right with anything. You back this team like every move BB makes or the team makes is friggin perfect ! It's the furthest thing from it. Lose the Patriot glasses and try to see the reality you freakin homer !

Last edited:
Good. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. People like yourself aren't real fans. You're front-runners who jump off the wagon and ***** and moan and complain because things don't go your way.

I've spent enough time with ignorant people like yourself who complain about those 3 drafts when they don't know wtf they are talking about. Good Riddance to bad garbage.
:nono: Sometimes you don't play well with others Bruinz :nono:

NO. Boldin got traded for a 3rd and 4th round pick. Way to go on your reading there, ALP.

haha, i blame NFL.com for their misleading headlines

According to BB.........Burgess played very well. He's the coach and IBBWT

If THAT was what Billy thinks is "very well" (WHAT!!) these days, then I can honestly say I think he's losing it.

Where is Burgess anyways, is he a FA now? Is he supposed to re-sign here for reasonable?

His cost is only around $5M in new money, they can't get the bonus back. They only save $5M by cutting him. So if they cut him, then that indicates they feel he probably isn't going to have much to offer.

AD actually played pretty well when he first got here, until I dunno what the hell happened to him this year and he went all nutty poor attitude and poor play.

At least one of Bruschi/Harrison/Vrabel probably made it well known that weren't taking **** from anybody. Once they were gone...

That said, with Vince locked down long-term, Mayo another year older and healthier, Burgess gone (if indeed he was part of the problem), TBC locked down, and AD properly told to **** off last year, I wouldn't be surprised if the locker room is in much better shape this year. Maybe that means Adalius will come back on the reservation? I dunno, maybe I'm grasping at straws.

Last edited:
Ahh well, would have been nice having Boldin, I have always loved his physical style. I'd rather have him than Moss to be honest.

3rd + 4th
Anquan Boldin (29) + 4th

3rd + 4th
Derrick Burgess (31)

It was a 3rd and 5th for Burgess. The 4th was exchanged because the Pats acquired a 5th round pick, from the Broncos, for LeKevin Smith.

It was a 3rd and 5th for Burgess. The 4th was exchanged because the Pats acquired a 5th round pick, from the Broncos, for LeKevin Smith.

That makes me feel so much better.

I can't believe the Pats couldn't do this. This is such a god damn steal it's crazy.

Ahh well, would have been nice having Boldin, I have always loved his physical style. I'd rather have him than Moss to be honest.

I wouldn't, to be honest. Now, I would have LOVED to have them both together in the same offense. But, alas, it was not to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back