Welcome to PatsFans.com

Anquan Boldin trade scenarios

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by mayoclinic, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +393 / 0 / -1

Trade scenarios for Anaquan Boldin are heating up. The Cardinals announced that they would be willing to consider trading him:

The National Football Post | Cards Confirm Shopping Boldin

The Cardinals are reportedly asking for a 1st and a 3rd round pick, which may be too pricey for most teams.

Michael Lombardi has devoted column space to discussing Boldin trade options in his most recent column:

The National Football Post | Diner Morning News: Boldin On The Move?

Lombardi notes: "For me as an evaluator, Boldin is the cream of the crop of available receivers. To score in the NFL, you have to make big plays in the passing game. Boldin gives an offense big plays, and he can make all the tough inside catches on critical third downs. In addition, he gains significant yards after the catch and creates match-up problems for a defense, which has to make sure it has the right corner on him — to cover, but more importantly to tackle him in a one-on-one situation. Boldin will destroy small, light corners in any one-on-one situation."

Finally, Pro Football Weekly is reporting that the Ravens are interested in possibly trading for Boldin, though they may balk at the asking price:

Arizona - Pro Football Weekly
  2. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

I loathe Boldin and everything he stands for. He signed a contact for 4 yrs, 22.75 million and that was a great contract at the time. He should live up to it and play out his final 2 years. I would be pretty happy if Arizona let him sit out the next 2 years even though I know they won't.
  3. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Boldin is the Cardinals version of the Patriots Deion Branch
  4. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

In a sense he was. But the thing that burns me about Boldin is the Cardinals complied with his request that he outplayed his rookie contract and signed him to big money like he wanted. Now all of a sudden it is not enough?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.