PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Aqib Talib wants top-of-the-market deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
More teams want him then talib it sounds...wash seems to be the only one who contacted talib so far that we know of...we know of many that look at verner

The problem is Washington isn't afraid of screwing up its cap by frontloading a contract so if they want Talib bad enough, they'll get him.

yep because the patriots track record with brady of being to the afc title game 8 out of 12 seasons and the sb 5 of those 8 makes me a blind homer for thinking the team could be a sb contender.

Which no-one will actually know either way until about a quarter of the '14 season is played.

Defense in 2011 sucked but that didn't stop them from making it to the sb. But i guess making it to the sb still doesn't make you a sb contender, right?

Now like i said, run along troll.

yeah lets just settle for being good, not quite good enough

newsflash, clown; they havent won a sb in a decade. One might come to the conclusion they arent quite good enough and should do everything they can to surround brady with the best team possible.

Yeah thats such troll like thinking! Why dont we trust a bunch of unproven young draft picks in the secondary because bb has such a great track record at those positions

are you going to make me name all of the failed db draft picks?

They need to improve. Not take a step back

A troll says what?

i think best chance for sign Talib to a long term was last year.....market was low and with 28x4 and about 15 guaranteed Talib ran to sign.....and 7 milion in this market is a big splash for a team....

i think best chance for sign Talib to a long term was last year.....market was low and with 28x4 and about 15 guaranteed Talib ran to sign.....and 7 milion in this market is a big splash for a team....

I respectfully disagree.

Talib was hoping that the market for CBs would bounce back (and it appears to have done so, although we're not certain yet as to what level) in 2014.

He was also in contention for defensive player of the year prior to getting injured through the first 6 weeks. That allowed him to be voted to his first pro bowl appearance this season.

He definitely made the right move by waiting another year.

my idea is Pats in 2013 made offer in range of last year contracts.....if they offered 7 annually Talib would agree....

of course for Talib was a big move last year....but for me Patriots did not all they can for change his move....

Yeah, you know I'm right hence your reaction.
Nope. You're just idiotic and asinine.

You are the one trolling a Pats message board before free agency even begins saying the team sucks and are not a SB contender. How about waiting until at least a few weeks into free agency before jumping off that ledge.

Right now who is really a SB contender in the AFC? Certainly you can't think the Broncos are at this current time. Giving that they have the guy that gets to the playoffs and somehow manages to crap himself every time.

Fact is no-one in is considered a contender in the AFC right now until teams actually play meaningful games.

why do you people continue to argue with the troll? :bricks:

Aqib Talib - New England Patriots - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

The Washington Post confirms the Redskins have "expressed interest" in free agent CB Aqib Talib.

There are many connections for Talib in D.C.; DBs coach Raheem Morris was his head coach in Tampa Bay, and GM Bruce Allen drafted Talib when Allen was the Buccaneers' GM in 2008. Per the Post, Talib is "believed to be seeking a contract that would pay him $9 million to $10 million a season." A league insider told the paper the Redskins want to "make a statement at DB" this offseason. Mar 9 - 6:52 PM

Talib is likely going to WSH for prob around or right at 10mil a year. Cro's game dipped big time last year and was one of the worst corners in football.

The patriots need to bolster the dline cause there not gonna pay market value for any of the top 3 remaining corners.

Bring in Melton on a 1 year deal so he can show he's healthy. Bring in JA to have a have a nice 3 man rotation with jones and Nink. Resign Edelman maybe bring in E.sanders too.

Work on the online and secondary via the draft.

Talib is likely going to WSH for prob around or right at 10mil a year. Cro's game dipped big time last year and was one of the worst corners in football.

The patriots need to bolster the dline cause there not gonna pay market value for any of the top 3 remaining corners.

Bring in Melton on a 1 year deal so he can show he's healthy. Bring in JA to have a have a nice 3 man rotation with jones and Nink. Resign Edelman maybe bring in E.sanders too.

Work on the online and secondary via the draft.

I never doubt Daniel Snyder when it comes to overpaying a player so unfortunately you are probably correct. The good news is we can probably trade a fifth rounder to them in 2015 to get Talib back.

I never doubt Daniel Snyder when it comes to overpaying a player so unfortunately you are probably correct. The good news is we can probably trade a fifth rounder to them in 2015 to get Talib back.

I know they signed Hall to a hefty contract. Hall said he's willing to move to safety if asked. So Wsh brings in Talib to man corner and move hall to S. That's what I'm thinking goes down.

i think he only gets 8 million the thing that will make him sign with a other team is more years and guaranteed money then the pats will give

I would pull the trigger to sign him, would you really want to lose him over a couple mill a season when the cap is gunna be increased by like 30 mill by 2016 or 2017

I would pull the trigger to sign him, would you really want to lose him over a couple mill a season when the cap is gunna be increased by like 30 mill by 2016 or 2017

The problem is that as the cap increases, so do average player salaries, so it really doesn't matter.

This is why the franchise tag always moves up, due to the average of the player salaries.

Of course what you're suggesting is something that isn't definite either, so we really don't know. The inflation won't cancel out the increase by the next year or two, but 4-5 yrs down the road it definitely will.

It may give for some breathing room in the next year or two, which is what you're suggesting, but since it happens to all 32 teams it has a bit of a canceling aspect to it.

As a whole though, value is value. The guy misses 21-22 percent of every single year and has never completed a year in 6 tries. If he's not worth 10 million now, he won't be worth 10 million next year either.

I would imagine that Belichick has a specific amount that he's willing to pay, and may go slightly over, but not too much. With the way that the CB market suddenly jumped (or people are assuming due to the Shields deal), I'm guessing that Belichick had no intention of paying him anything close to 9-10 million dollars. Of course I could be wrong and Belichick may have been willing to pay him a 4/40 pact, but I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes