PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sort of OT: Tebow sounds really salty over his release by the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link:
Tim Tebow: Belichick made me miss out on $1M, then cut me | New York Post

“It’s difficult because it also cuts into your pride, it cuts into your goals, it cuts into your dreams, and when all of that feels like it’s shaken, how do you react? How do you handle it? And, for me, I felt like, ‘Hey, going to the Patriots was gonna be a dream come true.’ Play under Tom Brady, and then when he retires, we’ll go play for Belichick and win a bunch of Super Bowls, and that was my goal. That’s what I thought was gonna happen, and then you get cut and it’s like, ‘Hey, what do I do next?’
“I remember flying to Jacksonville and sitting on the edge of the bed thinking, ‘OK, I have no house, no car, no one wants me to do what I want to do, what do I do next?’ And at moments like that, that’s when you really find out what your identity is all about and what defines you. …
“That’s really hard, especially when you feel like you’ve worked so hard to get to a point and then this was it, this was going to be the opportunity, this was going to be the dream come true, and it gets shattered right in front of you. That is very difficult.”

I like him but getting cut by the Pats left him with no car, no home and out a million bucks? As if he is poor. LOL. Cmon man.

I like Tebow but I call ********. Gimme a break with this stuff.

Link:
Tim Tebow: Belichick made me miss out on $1M, then cut me | New York Post

“It’s difficult because it also cuts into your pride, it cuts into your goals, it cuts into your dreams, and when all of that feels like it’s shaken, how do you react? How do you handle it? And, for me, I felt like, ‘Hey, going to the Patriots was gonna be a dream come true.’ Play under Tom Brady, and then when he retires, we’ll go play for Belichick and win a bunch of Super Bowls, and that was my goal. That’s what I thought was gonna happen, and then you get cut and it’s like, ‘Hey, what do I do next?’
“I remember flying to Jacksonville and sitting on the edge of the bed thinking, ‘OK, I have no house, no car, no one wants me to do what I want to do, what do I do next?’ And at moments like that, that’s when you really find out what your identity is all about and what defines you. …
“That’s really hard, especially when you feel like you’ve worked so hard to get to a point and then this was it, this was going to be the opportunity, this was going to be the dream come true, and it gets shattered right in front of you. That is very difficult.”

I like him but getting cut by the Pats left him with no car, no home and out a million bucks? As if he is poor. LOL. Cmon man.

Tebow is a media whore and a fake. So many people got duped by him

I can't imagine BB would really like hearing that question. Maybe if Tebow worried less about his endorsements and more about his mechanics, he would still be in the NFL.

Never liked him because he was a gator, but I thought he was a good person. Now he just sounds like a whiny *****.

Dude is incredibly entitled.

So he had no house and no car and no idea what to do next.

"Tebow, the 25th-overall selection in April's draft, signed a five-year, $11.25 million contract with $8.7 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN."

I would say go shopping is a logical move.

I'd feel hosed too if a coach talked me out of $1 million and cut me two weeks later. But that's life and you live with your choices.
During that preseason, everyone on the planet, except apparently Tebow and his agent, knew TT was a dead man walking as soon as he arrived for several reasons:
1) skill
2) need
3) charity only goes so far
4) BB did a favor for Meyer and that favor was paid

I really don't see the need of this board to beat him down right now for:
1) entering NE's training camp with a positive belief in himself
2) big goals

Shouldn't we hope all 90 hopefuls have the same mindset?

Besides, it can be argued that Tebow was a net positive influence for NE during his short time there.

1) NE defenses got to practice against a running QB at a time the wildcat offense was being deployed in the NFL
2) Competition
3) Positive character / team first /leader
4) Less worthless reps for TB12

Bashing the guy for offering some honesty? Whatever makes you feel more important I guess.

When they start writing songs about your achievements, please post :)

If anything he should be mad at the Jets for single handedly killing his career.

so you'd rather root for murders, wife beaters, criminals, drunks and druggies?

I'd feel hosed too if a coach talked me out of $1 million and cut me two weeks later. But that's life and you live with your choices.
During that preseason, everyone on the planet, except apparently Tebow and his agent, knew TT was a dead man walking as soon as he arrived for several reasons:
1) skill
2) need

2) big goals

Besides, it can be argued that Tebow was a net positive influence for NE during his short time there.

1) NE defenses got to practice against a running QB at a time the wildcat offense was being deployed in the NFL
2) Competition

Bashing the guy for offering some honesty? Whatever makes you feel more important I guess.

-haha good one. The guy was an egomaniac. All of that relgious preaching really rubbed people the wrong way. The guy is a fraud and i'm happy he was never played a regular season game for the Patriots.

Also if the guy wanted to be a QB he should have gone to the CFL and honed his skills

I'm sure that every year, tons of former hotshot quarterbacks go through some version of what Tebow went through. The role puts a kid on a pedestal from a young age, making him king of his town and then his college. If that's all you've been, all you've known, what are you without it?

But Tim Tebow seems to have a particularly bad case of it. He had copious opportunities to play in the NFL as a tight end, but football -- even with its potential for fame and riches -- wasn't enough for him. He had the be the guy. The one in the spotlight. He decided he'd rather have a sideline spotlight as a commentator than have to share a stage with his teammates.

It's said that pride is the "great sin," the foremost of the deadly sins that opens the door to all the others. It seems to have Mr. Tebow firmly in its grasp. (After being cut by multiple teams and signing as 3rd string camp fodder with the Patriots, he confidently assumed that made him Brady's heir? Really?) I hope for his sake he makes his peace with being just a man, not THE man. Otherwise I can't imagine he'll ever find any happiness.

1) skill
2) need

2) big goals

2) Competition

The best thing that can be said about Tebow's time in New England? It took attention away from the fact that one of our star players had just been arrested for murder! I still can't believe that didn't blow up for the team the way it could have. Bob Kraft handled that swiftly and correctly, unlike his pandering and lack of loyalty during two certain "-gates" which therefore did blow up on the team. But Tebow's presence certainly helped, as the media was hyper focused on him instead of the now-convicted murderer.

-haha good one. The guy was an egomaniac. All of that relgious preaching really rubbed people the wrong way. The guy is a fraud and i'm happy he was never played a regular season game for the Patriots.
There are a great many deeply religious guys (QBs) in the NFL who don't wear their religion on their sleeve..Brees, Tyrod Taylor to name a few..

Also if the guy wanted to be a QB he should have gone to the CFL and honed his skills

HE forgives you

What does this have to do with Tim Tebow not playing in the NFL anymore and his whiny attitude?

• Winner
Reactions: SVN
I still got luv for Timmy. I'm a Gator so I can't deny what he did for my alma mater.

I watched a few minutes of the interview and Tebow was nothing but gracious and appreciative of the Patriots, spoke of putting the team before himself, and said he'd do it all again if he could. I don't think it was salty at all.

The press made the headline about BB being a ****, but that's not what Tebow said. In fact, the press obviously thought making the headline about Belichick was more an attention-getter than a post about Tebow himself.

See for yourself (if your life is feeling to long and need to waste some). They get to the BB stuff pretty quickly.

(Disclosure: I couldn't care less about Tebow)

So, to you, it's a choice between Tim Tebow or all that?

Ok then...which one is TFB?

People lose their minds over Tebow. I never got it. There are plenty of other practicing Christians in the NFL, with more skill at the game, and less attention whoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes