PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sort of OT: Tebow sounds really salty over his release by the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said it means nothing to me if it doesn't happen on the highest level of competition.
So do all of Alabama's title's mean nothing because it's just college football?

That's fine, but you sure sound like a bitter holdout given how much you are in the minority to completely dismiss the college game, which millions and millions of sports fans love to follow.
Winner, winner. Comes across as extremely bitter.

So do all of Alabama's title's mean nothing because it's just college football?

In the context of overall sports not really.

It's like making the case for a Turkish basketball team that won their local league 10x in a row for being one of the greatest. Yeah it's a nice achievement but didn't happen at the highest level of said sport.

In the context of overall sports not really.

It's like making the case for a Turkish basketball team that won their local league 10x in a row for being one of the greatest. Yeah it's a nice achievement but didn't happen at the highest level of said sport.
The fact that you're comparing NCAA Division 1 football to Turkish League Basketball and Youth Sports shows the bankruptcy of your thesis.

And I'm still waiting for your examples of awards that get voted to individual athletes that are more prestigious than the Heisman.

The fact that you're comparing NCAA Division 1 football to Turkish League Basketball and Youth Sports shows the bankruptcy of your thesis.

Where exactly is the problem you have with that comparison ?

And I'm still waiting for your examples of awards that get voted to individual athletes that are more prestigious than the Heisman.

Any award of real "world sports" ?

Let me give you the most obvious one: the Ball'd Or recipient. Everyone around the world knows Messi or Ronaldo, but I'd bet that almost no one outside North/Middle America even knows about what a Heisman is or what it is awarded for. Even in the UK.

You are severely overrating the importance and relevance of American Football all over the world.

Where exactly is the problem you have with that comparison ?
That fact that it's a stupid comparison. Does Turkish League Basketball pack in 100,000 people into stadiums too?
Any award of real "world sports" ?

Let me give you the most obvious one: the Ball'd Or recipient. Everyone around the world knows Messi or Ronaldo, but I'd bet that almost no one outside North/Middle America even knows about what a Heisman is or what it is awarded for. Even in the UK.

You are severely overrating the importance and relevance of American Football all over the world.
LOL!!! The fact that you have to start talking about soccer proves how lame your argument is. You seem woefully unaware that this is a football forum.

That fact that it's a stupid comparison. Does Turkish League Basketball pack in 100,000 people into stadiums too?

You are missing the point. The comparison is about both (CFL and Turkish Basketball) not being the highest level of competition in their respective sport and not how popular they are.

LOL!!! The fact that you have to start talking about soccer proves how lame your argument is. You seem woefully unaware that this is a football forum.

Why ? You said the Heisman is the most prestigious individual award in sports and I countered with the most important individual award in the most played, most popular and most viewed sport on this planet. Gotta be more careful with your phrasing.

This is an naive question: was Tebow really that good in college? I never watch college football, so this is an honest question. I'm having trouble processing people saying he was amazing in college. Did he....not throw or something?

I don't understand how he could be considered this amazing QB in college if he actually had to throw the ball, because he is a crappy passer, and I don't get how this could have been different in college. Did he just run all the time and have a great running game backing him up in college? In which case, how did that make him a great QB? Or did he actually manage to make great passes? In which case, is he bad in the NFL because the speed of the game is so different? Because it's not like he was accurate in the NFL, but just slow. He seemed inaccurate too.

So I have trouble processing all the love for him as a college player, people saying how amazing he was.

Seriously, I am truly asking for someone to explain it to me, as I literally have seen about 5 college football games in my life. People who know more football than me say he was great in college, so I'm curious about how that is...

How in the f@¢k did he not have a car? Who was driving him around? His mother?

This is an naive question: was Tebow really that good in college? I never watch college football, so this is an honest question. I'm having trouble processing people saying he was amazing in college. Did he....not throw or something?

I don't understand how he could be considered this amazing QB in college if he actually had to throw the ball, because he is a crappy passer, and I don't get how this could have been different in college. Did he just run all the time and have a great running game backing him up in college? In which case, how did that make him a great QB? Or did he actually manage to make great passes? In which case, is he bad in the NFL because the speed of the game is so different? Because it's not like he was accurate in the NFL, but just slow. He seemed inaccurate too.

So I have trouble processing all the love for him as a college player, people saying how amazing he was.

Seriously, I am truly asking for someone to explain it to me, as I literally have seen about 5 college football games in my life. People who know more football than me say he was great in college, so I'm curious about how that is...

Passing - 661 completions, 995 attempts, 66.4% for 9285 yards, 88 TD's and 16 INT's
Rushing - 692 attempts, 2947 yrds, 4.3 avg with 57 more TD's.
I think he won a couple of national championships and a Heisman too.
That's nothing to shake a stick at, that's for sure.

It's amazing how the mere mention of this kid's name brings out the hatred.

He's definitely not a great or even a good QB at the pro level, but his character is outstanding. He's a much better person than any of his critics.

He's definitely not a great or even a good QB at the pro level, but his character is outstanding. He's a much better person than any of his critics.
But not as wonderful as the idol his followers make of him.

But not as wonderful as the idol his followers make of him.

His followers aren't nearly the problem that are his detractors, who turn any discussion of the kid into a crusade against him and his faith and "crap like that." Just like this one is becoming.

He sucked as an NYFL QB, that's for sure, but the amount of hatred that comes flying out at the mere mention of his name is incredible.

And just how in the hell would you know that with such absolute certainty?

I like Tim Tebow. He had a great college career, went further than most expected in the NFL. If he'd been more flexible he might have played longer. I like his image overall, but he undermines it with the TMI of his conversation with BB. It's hard, but time to move on - I'd loved to have done what he's done so far. He will do great in what's next for him.

God bless.

I only read page one. I just don't find Tim Tebow interesting enough to sift through six pages. Sick to death of the guy. What is almost as tiresome is the narrative that he was too stubborn to play TE or RB. I'm not a Tebow fan by any stretch but this revisionist history is delusional. Tim was too small to play TE and too slow to be a running back. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit given how incredibly delusional and illogical he seems to be. But I think even he recognized that he was not going to make it either position and that his best bet was at QB.

And just how in the hell would you know that with such absolute certainty?

The mistake a lot of people who think logically and rationally make is that everybody thinks the same way. A lot of people don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back