PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sort of OT: Tebow sounds really salty over his release by the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the victim mentality? I don't see him attributing responsibility anywhere in this piece of dialogue that a reporter chose to report on.
In the quote that was posted, it was completely "this was taken form me, I don't have this or this etc...". Through any objective lens, that is a victim mentality. We all do it sometimes. I was simply surprised that he held onto such a perspective for that long. All that said, I only read the quotes in the thread, and didn't watch the video.

"“I remember flying to Jacksonville and sitting on the edge of the bed thinking, ‘OK, I have no house, no car, no one wants me to do what I want to do, what do I do next?’ And at moments like that, that’s when you really find out what your identity is all about and what defines you. …
“That’s really hard, especially when you feel like you’ve worked so hard to get to a point and then this was it, this was going to be the opportunity, this was going to be the dream come true, and it gets shattered right in front of you"

I don't see any taking of responsibility in that quote. This is a guy, who after taxes, has banked more than $5,000,000 from the NFL.

Last edited:
what a loser he turned out to be.

That's harsh AF, man.

I suppose that he turned out to be a "loser" in terms of playing QB in the NFL, but I wouldn't think of Tebow as someone who is a loser in life.

This is coming from someone who never really cared for him, but he seems to be a pretty good guy overall. I mean, if he's a loser, I don't know what that makes 99% of us. He's in good shape with good health, is fairly handsome, educated, wealthy, seems to be in good spirits most of the time, and enjoys helping others.

Proverbs 16:18King James Version
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Time for Timmy to brush up on his bible studies a bit...

Proverbs 16:18King James Version
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Time for Timmy to brush up on his bible studies a bit...

Yeah, I cringe when his very public example leaves something to be desired.

In the quote that was posted, it was completely "this was taken form me, I don't have this or this etc...". Through any objective lens, that is a victim mentality. We all do it sometimes. I was simply surprised that he held onto such a perspective for that long. All that said, I only read the quotes in the thread, and didn't watch the video.

"“I remember flying to Jacksonville and sitting on the edge of the bed thinking, ‘OK, I have no house, no car, no one wants me to do what I want to do, what do I do next?’ And at moments like that, that’s when you really find out what your identity is all about and what defines you. …
“That’s really hard, especially when you feel like you’ve worked so hard to get to a point and then this was it, this was going to be the opportunity, this was going to be the dream come true, and it gets shattered right in front of you"

I don't see any taking of responsibility in that quote. This is a guy, who after taxes, has banked more than $5,000,000 from the NFL.

I guess he would have had to choose between a house or a car.

I did tear up when he mentioned flying into Jacksonville, doesn't get much worse than that.

I really liked the part where he said that after Brady retired they would win a bunch of Super Bowls. Now it's either play center field for the Angels or bust, nothing else will do.

We'll just have to disagree, then. I read this as a statement of facts and how the situation affected him emotionally. Yes, he lost something, but he's not saying he didn't deserve it or that it was unjust. He's simply reflecting on how it affected him and the situation he found himself in. There's no requirement that he overtly take responsibility in every statement he makes about his life; that would quickly get boorish and in time sound neurotic.

The reason Tebow didn't make it in the NFL is his ego, period. Belichick and others would have been more than willing to give him the opportunity to turn himself into an H-Back, and he had all the tools to become a good one imo, however he didn't care enough about being a player in the NFL to make that switch. Tebow also could have gone to the CFL and worked to turn himself into a good enough QB to compete for a job in the NFL, but that was below him as well. For some reason Tebow seemed to think he was entitled to a starting QB job in the NFL and that simply wasn't the case.As far as Belichick goes Tebow was lucky Belichick was even willing to give him a chance and only he and the devout Tebowites were surprised by his release, almost everyone here expected it.

Maybe if he decided to play another position or try to do so like a TE he might have a job. Pryor, Edelman and others were colleges QBs who made the successful transition to WR and look at college basketball players who made the transition to TE.... Not easy but if the alternative is nothing, you swallow your pride and try......

Exactly! He didn't want to give another position a try so he lost out on a potential big payday. That's what I see, not so much a complaint about the Pats.

He actually thought that he would play behind Brady and then take over as QB when he retired. He set the bar so high for himself that he could never reach it. That seems like what this kid has done.

Woe is Timmy, he somehow got the Mets to give him 100k to be Terrible at baseball.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

The reason Tebow didn't make it in the NFL is his ego, period. Belichick and others would have been more than willing to give him the opportunity to turn himself into an H-Back, and he had all the tools to become a good one imo, however he didn't care enough about being a player in the NFL to make that switch. Tebow also could have gone to the CFL and worked to turn himself into a good enough QB to compete for a job in the NFL, but that was below him as well. For some reason Tebow seemed to think he was entitled to a starting QB job in the NFL and that simply wasn't the case.As far as Belichick goes Tebow was lucky Belichick was even willing to give him a chance and only he and the devout Tebowites were surprised by his release, almost everyone here expected it.
He's a privileged guy who has always been able to get whatever he wanted. He seems like he wants the glory more than anything else, luckily for him he has a cult following so people will give him money for existing. Obviously though it's hard for someone with that big an ego to see that he cant do something

Can you imagine being one of the Patriots fans who shelled out money and bought his jersey?
I actually feel worse for them.

During his time here was at a practice one day and sat in the silver bleachers, in front of me was a mom who came from Western Ct. with her son to see Timmy and she was giddy every time he did anything.. praising the lord and all that crap. It was a lot nauseating.. not about football.

Wonder if she would not say, "accept the Lord's Will Timmy?"

Does he still claim to be a virgin???... Better do something Timmy, it will shrivel up and fall off..

Did I suggest you suggested he didn't have that right? All I know is I see an awful lot of criticism leveled at the guy for doing something ex-athletes do all the time.

He is publishing a second auto biography at the age of 29 (!!). After a professional sports career that amounted up to a big bunch of nothing. He is as special as the hundreds of young players that get cut to never play the game again every year in this league.

Like someone else said in here.. he is not a person but a brand.

He is publishing a second auto biography at the age of 29 (!!).
Who cares? Was anyone forced at gunpoint to buy it?
After a professional sports career that amounted up to a big bunch of nothing. He is as special as the hundreds of young players that get cut to never play the game again every year in this league.
As one of the greatest college QB's in the history of the game, he's got a little more cache than, say, Taylor Heinekie.

As one of the greatest college QB's in the history of the game, he's got a little more cache than, say, Taylor Heinekie.

That might be impressive to you but to me this means nothing more than a few youth league titles.

That might be impressive to you but to me this means nothing more than a few youth league titles.
And how many youth leagues pack in 100,000+ people in various stadiums across the country on a weekly basis and have millions and millions of people tune into the championship game?

There are large swaths of the country where the college game inspires more passion than the NFL, and the Heisman Trophy is arguably the single most prestigious award voted to an individual in all of sports.

And how many youth leagues pack in 100,000+ people in various stadiums across the country on a regular basis and have millions and millions of people tune into the championship game?

There are large swaths of the country where the college game inspires more passion than the NFL, and the Heisman Trophy is arguably the single most prestigious award voted to an individual in all of sports.

"All of sports" I think you are overrating how relevant football in general and college football in particular are in world sports.

Like I said it means nothing to me if it doesn't happen on the highest level of competition.

Where is Christian Cat? I thought she was going to be a lifelong Patriots fan, even after his release. That she wasn't one of those Tebow crazies that followed him around from team forum to team forum. Surprised she isn't here defending him.......or maybe not that surprised.

"All of sports" I think you are overrating how relevant football in general and college football in particular are in world sports.
You say I'm wrong, but I notice you didn't give a counter example. What awards voted to an individual would you say are more prestigious than the Heisman? Maybe the Super Bowl MVP, but even that I'm not so sure.

Like I said it means nothing to me if it doesn't happen on the highest level of competition.
That's fine, but you sure sound like a bitter holdout given how much you are in the minority to completely dismiss the college game, which millions and millions of sports fans love to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back