Sort of OT: Tebow sounds really salty over his release by the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Link:
Tim Tebow: Belichick made me miss out on $1M, then cut me | New York Post

“It’s difficult because it also cuts into your pride, it cuts into your goals, it cuts into your dreams, and when all of that feels like it’s shaken, how do you react? How do you handle it? And, for me, I felt like, ‘Hey, going to the Patriots was gonna be a dream come true.’ Play under Tom Brady, and then when he retires, we’ll go play for Belichick and win a bunch of Super Bowls, and that was my goal. That’s what I thought was gonna happen, and then you get cut and it’s like, ‘Hey, what do I do next?’
“I remember flying to Jacksonville and sitting on the edge of the bed thinking, ‘OK, I have no house, no car, no one wants me to do what I want to do, what do I do next?’ And at moments like that, that’s when you really find out what your identity is all about and what defines you. …
“That’s really hard, especially when you feel like you’ve worked so hard to get to a point and then this was it, this was going to be the opportunity, this was going to be the dream come true, and it gets shattered right in front of you. That is very difficult.”

I like him but getting cut by the Pats left him with no car, no home and out a million bucks? As if he is poor. LOL. Cmon man.

Link:

“It’s difficult because it also cuts into your pride, it cuts into your goals, it cuts into your dreams, and when all of that feels like it’s shaken, how do you react? How do you handle it? And, for me, I felt like, ‘Hey, going to the Patriots was gonna be a dream come true.’ Play under Tom Brady, and then when he retires, we’ll go play for Belichick and win a bunch of Super Bowls, and that was my goal. That’s what I thought was gonna happen, and then you get cut and it’s like, ‘Hey, what do I do next?’
“I remember flying to Jacksonville and sitting on the edge of the bed thinking, ‘OK, I have no house, no car, no one wants me to do what I want to do, what do I do next?’ And at moments like that, that’s when you really find out what your identity is all about and what defines you. …
“That’s really hard, especially when you feel like you’ve worked so hard to get to a point and then this was it, this was going to be the opportunity, this was going to be the dream come true, and it gets shattered right in front of you. That is very difficult.”

I like him but getting cut by the Pats left him with no car, no home and out a million bucks? As if he is poor. LOL. Cmon man.
Given how many people praise the character of this guy, I would have assumed he would have taken responsibility for his failings in the NFL. It wasn't simply something that happened to him. His own performance was the biggest factor in his release. Perhaps it was a bit naive to be so surprised at Tebow clearly expressing a victim mentality.

Maybe if he decided to play another position or try to do so like a TE he might have a job. Pryor, Edelman and others were colleges QBs who made the successful transition to WR and look at college basketball players who made the transition to TE.... Not easy but if the alternative is nothing, you swallow your pride and try......

I honestly think I could play quarterback better than him. He got cut because he can't throw and refused to play another position. I saw him on one of those college football shows a while back. I'm sure he'll be okay. People have a creepy obsession with him, so he'll keep getting work.

Wonder how he would have felt if he was picked in the 6th round rather than the 1st. There's always someone who wants your job and you have to prove you are better than the guy in front of you to maintain your job. Especially on a BB coached team.

The guy had skills, too bad he boxed himself in at QB.

Everything is relative and being poor is no exception. That's why you get have multimillionaires say things like "I gotta feed my family." There are people who make very little but don't consider themselves poor because they don't need anything else but what they already have. I remembered in undergrad, I survived on 20hrs of work a week. Paid rent, had a monthly food budget of $150 and went around on my bike. I didn't feel poor.

Link:

The million bucks is because he turned down an endorsement after he ran it by Bill who asked him not to do it.

You went to [Belichick] and you said, ‘Should I do this coach? What do you think?’ You said for any other coach you wouldn’t have asked, you would have just done it and gotten the million dollars. And he said, ‘I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t.’ And then a few weeks later he cuts you from the team. …”

...The guy had skills, too bad he boxed himself in at QB.

I never saw any evidence of any skills that would suggest he'd be able to play another position in the NFL. That's saying that he's naturally so gifted at something that he'll be able to beat out hundreds of other people who have been playing those positions for years, been coached on them, and have their own natural skills.

I never saw any evidence of any skills that would suggest he'd be able to play another position in the NFL. That's saying that he's naturally so gifted at something that he'll be able to beat out hundreds of other people who have been playing those positions for years, been coached on them, and have their own natural skills.
Well, I think the already mentioned comp's of Edelman and Pryor (and there's others in the past) who have converted positions at the pro level and made it work.

I'd agree with you that I don't think Tebow is that guy, but it is interesting given the character praise lauded on the guy that he lacked the humility and willingness to put in the work to even TRY to play TE/FB/H-Back at the pro level when certainly a dozen or so teams would have given him the opportunity.

I don't really see the excuses in there..? Sounds like the hard life of the NFL. Funny seeing he thought he'd be Brady's successor but, you gotta dream big to make it.

Sadly, it comes across that Tebow feels entitled to something that he didn't earn.

The Pats gave you an opportunity to earn that money, but you were not up to the job. The fact that you compounded the problem by insisting that you would only play QB, gave teams no choice but to move on from you.

Get over yourself Tim.

What kind of endorsement offer expires if you get cut by the team? Why would the endorsement deal not be available after he got cut? I would guess that it was a New England regional business like Jordan's Furniture or Dunkin' Donuts. Belichick probably already knew he was likely cutting Tebow and felt that he was doing him a favor by stopping him from making a deal he would have to back out of. What Boston area business would want to do commercials with a player who got cut by the local team?

What kind of endorsement offer expires if you get cut by the team? Why would the endorsement deal not be available after he got cut? I would guess that it was a New England regional business like Jordan's Furniture or Dunkin' Donuts. Belichick probably already knew he was likely cutting Tebow and felt that he was doing him a favor by stopping him from making a deal he would have to back out of. What Boston area business would want to do commercials with a player who got cut by the local team?

Big Y? See: Vince Wilfork.

“I remember flying to Jacksonville and sitting on the edge of the bed thinking, ‘OK, I have no house, no car, no one wants me to do what I want to do, what do I do next?’ And at moments like that, that’s when you really find out what your identity is all about and what defines you.

Dude... watch some film and find out what defined you as a quarterback...

tebow-overthrow-tim-tebow-gifs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes