PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Someone explain to me why what the Pats did was sacrilege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again... Upstate (Upstart...whatever) is called out yet again. Owned.

Owned is what's happening to the Chargers on Sunday. This is just stupidity, since you guys have a basic deficit in understanding the English language. I called you out and said, show me where I compared the two. And you were unable to do it. You can behave like a little baby and keep saying it, but the fact is, you can't show it.

I want some media pundit or Chargers/Jets/Colts/Raiders fan to explain this to me:
Many of you claim this threatens the integrity of the league. Explain to me HOW and WHY. Explain to me how this is so much more egregious than lip reading, using audio recording, binoculars, or videotaping of play on the field.

No one is disputing this is a violation of a rule and deserves punishment. I want to know why you think this is a completely ridiculous, over the top, unbelievably dirty move to videotape a sideline. I want you to explain to me how this warrants losing multiple draft picks, or a suspension, or a forfeit, if all those other forms of espionage warrant zero punishment.

Last edited:
I'm calling you a dummy because of your dumb accusations. You say I compared the sharpie to cheating with videotape. I never did that. I even explained in my previous post what I did. But you chose to ignore it. OK, you're not dumb, you're just an a-hole. how's that. How else would you define it when someone says, this is what the NFL says, and the other person can't get it through their thick head or else refuses to admit it? I'll say it again, you're not dumb, you're just an a-hole.

But you don't insult people very often, do you? I count 4 in that post alone. Let me guess, you never said you dont insult people often? Time to get your meds.

"Cheating in this way is not illegal. Only breaking the rule is, by definition, illegal. So is bringing a Sharpie onto the football field."

If that isn't making them equivalent, you are either a lawyer, or Bill Clinton (who is also a lawyer).

No. Now I know your problem. You don't understand how the English language works. I explained this to you multiple times already. You are making the claim that breaking a rule is cheating. I'm showing you that bringing a Sharpie onto the field is breaking a rule, but it's not cheating. Therefore, your theory, that breaking a rule is cheating, is incorrect. Any ten year old can understand this.

No one ever said that bringing a Sharpie onto the field is as serious as videotaping. Not at all. Show me where I said that. All I said was that breaking a rule is not cheating, and the Sharpie point proves it.

But you don't insult people very often, do you? I count 4 in that post alone. Let me guess, you never said you dont insult people often? Time to get your meds.

As I said, I insult idiots and a-holes. Look in the mirror. You fit the description.

I'm calling you a dummy because of your dumb accusations. You say I compared the sharpie to cheating with videotape. I never did that. I even explained in my previous post what I did. But you chose to ignore it. OK, you're not dumb, you're just an a-hole. how's that. How else would you define it when someone says, this is what the NFL says, and the other person can't get it through their thick head or else refuses to admit it? I'll say it again, you're not dumb, you're just an a-hole.

Ignore the post I quoted, say that you didn't do what you clearly did, ignore my carefully thought out position and continue name calling.

You're a genius!

I want some media pundit or Chargers/Jets/Colts/Raiders fan to explain this to me:
Many of you claim this threatens the integrity of the league. Explain to me HOW and WHY. Explain to me how this is so much more egregious than lip reading, using audio recording, binoculars, or videotaping of play on the field.

No one is disputing this is a violation of a rule and deserves punishment. I want to know why you think this is a completely ridiculous, over the top, unbelievably dirty move to videotape a sideline. I want you to explain to me how this warrants losing multiple draft picks, or a suspension, or a forfeit, if all those other forms of espionage warrant zero punishment.

How can MiCharger explain anything to you when he doesn't even understand the basics of the English language? The guy is a twit.

Owned is what's happening to the Chargers on Sunday. This is just stupidity, since you guys have a basic deficit in understanding the English language. I called you out and said, show me where I compared the two. And you were unable to do it. You can behave like a little baby and keep saying it, but the fact is, you can't show it.

Grogan showed it to you! Why re-post?? Just take a step back Upstate and accept the conduct for what it is. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? Your own fans see it. Just take a look at all the other threads on this forum. If you cant convince your fellow fans, good luck with the rest of the league.

Ignore the post I quoted, say that you didn't do what you clearly did, ignore my carefully thought out position and continue name calling.

You're a genius!

You call that careful thinking?! That's pretty sad.

By the way, you're the one who ignored what I wrote. Not me. I answered fully your own post, and I explained why you're either wrong-headed, dumb or an a-hole.

Grogan showed it to you! Why re-post?? Just take a step back Upstate and accept the conduct for what it is. Why is this so hard for you to grasp? Your own fans see it. Just take a look at all the other threads on this forum. If you cant convince your fellow fans, good luck with the rest of the league.

Now you're repetitive. If you're going to post again, at least come up with something new. All I see is Pats fas who agree with me, and even Chris Mortenson dos, and Sean Salisbury, and many others.

I'm asking you to show me the quote where I compared videotaping to bringing a sharpie on the field. The quote Grogan put on here was clearly about breaking rules and cheating, and that's why I used the Sharpie example. nowhere in that quote is videotaping even mentioned. But you're so lame you need Grogran's idiocy to even make a point. You can't think on your own.

Now you're repetitive. If you're going to post again, at least come up with something new. All I see is Pats fas who agree with me, and even Chris Mortenson dos, and Sean Salisbury, and many others.

I'm asking you to show me the quote where I compared videotaping to bringing a sharpie on the field. The quote Grogan put on here was clearly about breaking rules and cheating, and that's why I used the Sharpie example. nowhere in that quote is videotaping even mentioned. But you're so lame you need Grogran's idiocy to even make a point. You can't think on your own.

Dude, why am I an a-hole for thinking the Pats were wrong for breaking a rule? And I guess you've just abandoned that whole "I don't name call anyone on this board" thing huh?

Dude, why am I an a-hole for thinking the Pats were wrong for breaking a rule? And I guess you've just abandoned that whole "I don't name call anyone on this board" thing huh?

I never said that, did I? I never said you were an ahole for thinking the Pats were wrong for breaking a rule.

As for this, "I don't name call anyone on this board" there's always a first time. After many years of posting on Pats boards, after thousands of posts, you're the first.

Last edited:
I never said that, did I? I never said you were an ahole for thinking the Pats were wrong for breaking a rule.

As for this, "I don't name call anyone on this board" there's always a first time. After many years of posting on Pats boards, after thousands of posts, you're the first.

Wow, I am flattered, and MiChargers is the second? I guess it didn't take you long to go from 1 to 2 huh? You must be having a bad day.

The whole point is that it's not that big of a deal.

But this is a great chance for half of the known world to settle a score with Bill Belichick and try to throw the Patriots off their game. I mean, exactly, people's jobs are at stake, so don't you think Mike Tomlin, LT, and Jeff Fischer have a vested interest in making a huge mountain out of this molehill? And for the media ... well, it's a compelling story.

I think one thing that's huge that came out today is that the tape wasn't used at all for the Jets game. They took it in the first quarter, so the offensive shelacking we put on them was completely legitimate.

Beyond that... we're going to take our lumps, lose a 2nd round pick, and in a month people will be saying (privately), "of course you don't bet the outcome of a game on a few hand signals, and the truth is that it probably didn't make much of a difference for them anyway."

I think this is an important moment for sports journalism. I'd really like to see some kind of serious, in-depth piece about how useful this really is and how many teams do it.

It's already starting to blow over today, especially with like I said the revelation that the Pats performance on Sunday was completely legit.

" I think one thing that's huge that came out today is that the tape wasn't used at all for the Jets game. They took it in the first quarter, so the offensive shelacking we put on them was completely legitimate."

Is this true?? I hadn't heard this today!!!! So...the only tape in the camera was of the first quarter? and HOW fi'ng OFTEN DO TEAMS CHANGE UP THEIR SIGNALS?.....ummm....CONSTANTLY!!!!!

There was NO doubt in my mind that anything that we taped or any signals we intercepted was the "golden key" that allowed us to kick the sh## out of the Jests........Like Salisbury said "Patriots could have beat the jets with 8 guys out there"......WE were clearly the better team.......all this "CHEATING" stuff by all these sore ***ed losers needs to stop.....Just because you can't beat us....don't try to blow things out of proportion and try to tie our hands to even the playing field........

" I think one thing that's huge that came out today is that the tape wasn't used at all for the Jets game. They took it in the first quarter, so the offensive shelacking we put on them was completely legitimate."

Is this true?? I hadn't heard this today!!!! So...the only tape in the camera was of the first quarter? and HOW fi'ng OFTEN DO TEAMS CHANGE UP THEIR SIGNALS?.....ummm....CONSTANTLY!!!!!

There was NO doubt in my mind that anything that we taped or any signals we intercepted was the "golden key" that allowed us to kick the sh## out of the Jests........Like Salisbury said "Patriots could have beat the jets with 8 guys out there"......WE were clearly the better team.......all this "CHEATING" stuff by all these sore ***ed losers needs to stop.....Just because you can't beat us....don't try to blow things out of proportion and try to tie our hands to even the playing field........

Yes, I heard that on several reports, the tape was taken in the 1st quarter. I don't have a link, but I know I heard it several times. Sorry for not being more specific.

Wow, I am flattered, and MiChargers is the second? I guess it didn't take you long to go from 1 to 2 huh? You must be having a bad day.

Nope. Didn't take long at all. I think this is a banner day. I wonder why? Maybe because trolls showed up today?

There are plenty of opposition fans who were gleeful that this happened to Belichick, and I defended their points of view. Ribanez for one. He was reasonable, logical, and not a troll.

Grogan, as I said before, you're arguing about various degrees of technology at this point, not whether the stealing of calls is okay.

It's stupid to say sideline videotaping is the worst thing ever, and then act like binoculars, audio recording, or videotaping of the play on field is perfectly okay.

You make an EXTREMELY good point here.......You can't punish the Pats for doing ONE thing....and then let other teams get away with the SAME THINGS in different forms (audio...using binoculars and writing down the signals)....It is all the freakin SAME.....The Commish needs to take ALL OF THESE "practices" into consideration before he rules against the Pats ...or he will come off like a hypocrite!....Can't punish us....and NOT Punish the Doofins after what they pulled off last year.........

Great f'in post.......How can you punish us for doing something that EVERY F'IN TEAM IN THE LEAGUE is doing in one form or another????? This is ludicrous.....but everyone hates the Pats because we are the greatest TEAM of all time.......If they do anything other than take away a late rounder from us.....Kraft will be appealing it.......

Nope. Didn't take long at all. I think this is a banner day. I wonder why? Maybe because trolls showed up today?

There are plenty of opposition fans who were gleeful that this happened to Belichick, and I defended their points of view. Ribanez for one. He was reasonable, logical, and not a troll.

Upstate, I take absolutely no "glee" in this situation. In fact, if you remember I posted that I hoped it wasnt true. I get no satisfaction from it....it was wrong and I just dont want it to go on. That's it.

Great f'in post.......How can you punish us for doing something that EVERY F'IN TEAM IN THE LEAGUE is doing in one form or another????? This is ludicrous.....but everyone hates the Pats because we are the greatest TEAM of all time.......If they do anything other than take away a late rounder from us.....Kraft will be appealing it.......

Key word there is the "form" in which you obtain it. Like it or not. If any team is caught doing the same, they should be punished. Why do you think everyone hates the Pats? The Yankees?...yeah. I think most NFL fans have respect for the Pats. Im not buying into your "woe is me" stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News